Notify
Tools

If I Did It Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
I know all Forumites will be fascinated by this new work of fiction due out September 12.

quote:
For the first time, Hillary Rodham Clinton reveals what she was thinking and feeling during one of the most controversial and unpredictable presidential elections in history. Now free from the constraints of running, Hillary takes you inside the intense personal experience of becoming the first woman nominated for president by a major party in an election marked by rage, sexism, exhilarating highs and infuriating lows, stranger-than-fiction twists, Russian interference, and an opponent who broke all the rules. This is her most personal memoir yet.

In these pages, she describes what it was like to run against Donald Trump, the mistakes she made, how she has coped with a shocking and devastating loss, and how she found the strength to pick herself back up afterward. With humor and candor, she tells readers what it took to get back on her feet—the rituals, relationships, and reading that got her through, and what the experience has taught her about life. She speaks about the challenges of being a strong woman in the public eye, the criticism over her voice, age, and appearance, and the double standard confronting women in politics.

She lays out how the 2016 election was marked by an unprecedented assault on our democracy by a foreign adversary. By analyzing the evidence and connecting the dots, Hillary shows just how dangerous the forces are that shaped the outcome, and why Americans need to understand them to protect our values and our democracy in the future.

The election of 2016 was unprecedented and historic. What Happened is the story of that campaign and its aftermath—both a deeply intimate account and a cautionary tale for the nation.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
I suggest the Book Shattered: Inside Hillary Clinton's Doomed Campaign Hardcover – Deckle Edge, April 18, 2017
by Jonathan Allen (Author), Amie Parnes (Author) an inside report of how disfuctional her whole campaign was...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8361 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
If she'd like to know how bad women have it in politics she should ask the ones that run as republicans

Posts: 13744 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I Did It

For those not familiar with the title:

"IF I Did It": The Quasi-Confession of O. J. Simpson

In November 2006, ReganBooks (an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers) announced that it was publishing a book by O. J. Simpson, If I Did It . Publisher Judith Regan told the Associated Press, "This is an historic case, and I consider this his confession." In an interview promoting his new book on Fox News (which, like Regan Books, is owned by News Corp), Simpson offered such incriminating observations as: "I don't think any two people could be murdered without everybody being covered in blood." The announcement of the book was met with a barrage of criticism. Ron Goldman's sister, Kim Goldman, on CNN's Larry King Live, expressed the outrage of victims: "He's telling us one more time, 'I'm gonna continue to get away with killing your family members and I'm not gonna honor the judgment and look at me, ha, ha, ha."' The criticism caused HarperCollins to recall the book and Fox to cancel the Simpson interview. In January 2007, Newsweek magazine obtained a copy for a chapter from the book. The chapter contained numerous statements that would seem nonsensical if not made by the murderer of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman, despite the insistence of Simpson's lawyer that the account is "purely hypothetical."

http://www.famous-trials.com/simpson/1858-ifididit

"IF I Did It" was viewed as: The Quasi-Confession of O. J. Simpson

Hillary Clinton will never confess to anything.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24131 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
If I Did It

For those not familiar with the title:

"IF I Did It": The Quasi-Confession of O. J. Simpson

In November 2006, ReganBooks (an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers) announced that it was publishing a book by O. J. Simpson, If I Did It . Publisher Judith Regan told the Associated Press, "This is an historic case, and I consider this his confession." In an interview promoting his new book on Fox News (which, like Regan Books, is owned by News Corp), Simpson offered such incriminating observations as: "I don't think any two people could be murdered without everybody being covered in blood." The announcement of the book was met with a barrage of criticism. Ron Goldman's sister, Kim Goldman, on CNN's Larry King Live, expressed the outrage of victims: "He's telling us one more time, 'I'm gonna continue to get away with killing your family members and I'm not gonna honor the judgment and look at me, ha, ha, ha."' The criticism caused HarperCollins to recall the book and Fox to cancel the Simpson interview. In January 2007, Newsweek magazine obtained a copy for a chapter from the book. The chapter contained numerous statements that would seem nonsensical if not made by the murderer of Nicole Brown and Ron Goldman, despite the insistence of Simpson's lawyer that the account is "purely hypothetical."

http://www.famous-trials.com/simpson/1858-ifididit

"IF I Did It" was viewed as: The Quasi-Confession of O. J. Simpson

Hillary Clinton will never confess to anything.

These works of fiction are all alike.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a propaganda comedy to me.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
<MSNBC's Morning Joe aired two segments from the Clinton-narrated audio book Wednesday, with Clinton explaining what was going on in her head when candidate Donald Trump lurked behind her during a presidential debate in St. Louis, Missouri.

'It was incredibly uncomfortable he was literally breathing down my neck,' Clinton said. 'My skin crawled,' she recalled.>

I suspect that President Trump was repulsed to get that close to the hag, but knew that he had to do it for the effect.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8974 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24131 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Clinton said. 'My skin crawled,' she recalled.
Someone should ask her how her asshole smelled when it 'crawled' over her nose.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Hillbot was so hopped up on drugs or whatever they used to make her get through a 90 minute debate, I doubt she felt anything crawl. I doubt if she even remembers doing these damn debates!

Posts: 33827 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
Hillary has been corrupt her entire political life. Somehow I don't think anything in the book will be any different.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
"deeply intimate account and a cautionary tale for the nation"...

For some reason I can't think of the term "intimate" and Hillary Clinton at the same time without throwing up a little in my mouth Eek...

It could be summed up in a single paragraph...

"I got the shit kicked outta me by the American people even though I was ordained to be the next President...it's everybody else's fault I lost and surely not mine".

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Of course her skin crawled...

...right off her.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43903 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
The monkey for the win! Big Grin

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10588 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post

-rduckwor

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Chellim: Big Grin

Posts: 13276 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
quote:

'It was incredibly uncomfortable he was literally breathing down my neck,' Clinton said. 'My skin crawled,' she recalled.

quote:
...'then I realized, it's just my husband.'

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:

These works of fiction are all alike.

no they aren't, some have protagonists that you like and for whom you have empathy.

Posts: 6396 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stangosaurus Rex
Picture of Tommydogg
posted Hide Post
My skin crawls every time I see Hillary on TV, I should write a book. She really gives me the heebee jeebees! Since I don't like her, I know she wants to kill me!

Beth Greene

Posts: 7841 | Location: South Florida | Registered: January 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
....but her skin doesn't crawl when Bill is near?

How is that possible HiLIARy?

I wonder if she'll have the grace to accept defeat and go away. *he ponders rhetorically*

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29710 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post