Main Page
The Lounge
Trying to remember a band - female vocalist, mixture of bard and metslGo ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| The Ice Cream Man |
I probably learned about them on here. Their lyrics were usually a story. BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active. | ||
|
Fighting the good fight![]() |
"Bard + Metal, telling a story" sounds to me like the "power metal" or "symphonic metal" genre. There are a number of those metal bands in those genres with female singers. Maybe it was Nightwish or Epica? Those are two of the biggest name ones. Unleash the Archers is another female-led power metal band, and one that I know I've mentioned on the forum before, thanks to their excellent cover of Stan Rogers' "Northwest Passage". | |||
|
| Web Clavin Extraordinaire |
Yeah, that's a wide open field. For symphonic metal or gothic metal adjacent with female vocals, aside from Nightwish or Epica, maybe Tristania or Sirenia? After Forever? Within Temptation? Theatre of Tragedy? If not power metal or symphonic metal, then maybe within the folk metal genre? Eluveitie? Midnattsol? Leaves Eyes? Antichrisis? Euzen (way less on the metal side, though)? ---------------------------- Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter" Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time. | |||
|
| The Ice Cream Man |
It was mostly bard, with metal interludes. BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active. | |||
|
| The Ice Cream Man |
The stories all sounded medieval themed, if I recall them correctly,,, BS-3595-C401. In Theory, this will be the "seal" verifying that I am an attorney, and when I was licensed/the authority was last contacted, and confirmed it to be active. | |||
|
| Member |
Renaissance ?? Annie Haslam is a Goddess ____________ Pace | |||
|
Member![]() |
Sounds like Blackmore's Night. Ritchie Blackmore and his wife have been doing this sort of thing for some time now. “I used to be totally into Steve Vai and Joe Satriani and other shredders, and I tried to emulate what they did and really grow as a guitarist,” Mr. Hanneman said in “Louder Than Hell.” “Then I said, ‘I don’t think I’m that talented, but more important, I don’t care.’ ” | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|
Main Page
The Lounge
Trying to remember a band - female vocalist, mixture of bard and metsl
