SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tell us about the weirdest dream you ever had.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tell us about the weirdest dream you ever had. Login/Join 
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted
Here's mine.

Last Friday evening, one of my A/C units broke. So, I contacted my jack-of-trade handyman to come by Monday AM (yesterday) to fix it. Monday AM, while I was still asleep, I got a call from his son (who is his assistant) saying that he was at the LGS and needed to be picked up. Still half asleep, I said OK, and thought to myself, "This is perfect, because I need to pick up something at the LGS. Kill 2 birds with one stone." So, I got up and was ready to go, but then thought, "That's weird. Let me double check my phone." And lo and behold, there was no call. The last person who called me was my wife from the day before. It was all a dream. Eek

But here is the kicker. The broken a/c part was real, and the guy was really supposed to come Monday AM to fix it. And, he did come and fix the damn thing. Freaking weird. Reality and dream flowing together.

We all had weird dreams, but I've got to say, this one was the weirdest of mine.

Q

Posts: 27491 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe not the weirdest, but I keep having dreams with one part being constant.

No matter what caliber or how many times I shoot'em, it has no effect on stopping the threat! Always confused as to WHY it's not working.

Or the other one, is pulling the trigger and having a failure to fire!

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Evil Asian Member
Picture of LastCubScout
posted Hide Post
Ever had that dream where your teeth are falling out? I had that dream, and my filling had really popped out while I was asleep and was rolling around in my mouth. Perhaps that was why I had that dream. So I started coming out of my deep sleep thinking, "Oh, it was just that weird dre... oh my GOD! IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!!"

Posts: 5605 | Location: San Francisco Bay Area, CA | Registered: April 11, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of arabiancowboy
posted Hide Post
I have had utterly bizarre and shocking dreams on ambien. I'd prefer to never take those damn pills again.

Posts: 2449 | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I've had a lot of weird dreams but the most memorable one was because I surprised myself.

And this was a real dream that I had years ago.

I dreamt I was in an elevator with someone I know (although I don't remember who it was now). I said to this person, "Can you teach me how to speak Vietnamese?"

He said, "Sure. Say 'hodedo.'"

I said, "Hodedo." <pronounced hoe-de-doh>

I asked, "What does it mean?"

The guy just said, "Keep saying it."

So I did.

Then it dawned on me: "Ho d do. Hold the door."

I laughed in my dream because it really caught me by surprise. My unconscious surprised me. My wife said I was laughing in my sleep.

And this was years before Game of Thrones and Hodor.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20011 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
All my dreams are weird, but many are weirdly pleasant. For example, I like the ones where I flap my arms and fly like a bird. Sometimes it's akin to a swimming motion in air. Sometimes a combination of flap and swim. I've flown from dreamed threats and flown for recreational observation. Sometimes need a running start and sometimes not. Flying is never disappointing regardless.

Posts: 4828 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I dreamed about bacon last night. The whole dream was just me walking around finding bacon and eating it.

OK, actually, that's probably not weird at all...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30878 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
had a dream that I spent the night talking with all of my dead friends and family members

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53772 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
While deeply asleep I dreamed I ate a large marshmallow.
Upon waking, my pillow was gone. Smile

Posts: 2427 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
I'm waiting for bendable and SigMonkey to post before deciding if any of my dreams are worthy.

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16310 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
I just posted this dream last night when I woke up in the middle of a dream, weird, then you post this. Am I dreaming now or am I awake. I seem to be awake.

I rarely go into my basement, storage and laundry is about it, usually once a week to do laundry. I have a reoccurring dream that I keep finding cats down there that I either forgot I had or somehow snuck in. I'm always worried to death how they've survived and how they got there. They are always happy to see me though.

I'm sure I have weirder ones, but that one is reoccurring and recent. I also have epic battles with alien/zombie/mutated humans where I am protecting a group of people. These always have this one office building in the middle of the woods, nothing else around, just an office building by itself in the woods. I am either trying to invade this building or defend it. I have no clue the significance of this building or why I dream about it.

ETA I just checked, I did wake up at 1:03AM and post about this dream in another thread. Weird.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21104 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Browndrake
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

No matter what caliber or how many times I shoot'em, it has no effect on stopping the threat! Always confused as to WHY it's not working.

I have had this same reoccurring dream going back to when I was a kid. Something is after me, I keep landing shots, and whatever is after me just keeps shrugging them off and coming. The one twist for me is that usually my firearm is a single shot of some sort, so I have to frantically reload throughout.

Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong. Do everything in love.
- 1 Corinthians 16:13-14

Posts: 900 | Location: Southwest Michigan | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I had a dream once that my wife and I were having another child only this time, I was having it. I'm in labor on the way to the hospital and all I can think of is, how are they going to examine me . Now that I'm older and getting up often at night to pee, I have this recurring dream, that I'm in a hotel or office building and cannot find the men's room . My fear is that things progress to the point, where I believe I have found it .

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LastCubScout:
Ever had that dream where your teeth are falling out? I had that dream, and my filling had really popped out while I was asleep and was rolling around in my mouth. Perhaps that was why I had that dream. So I started coming out of my deep sleep thinking, "Oh, it was just that weird dre... oh my GOD! IT'S REALLY HAPPENING!!!"

I've had that dream. Except I wake up and I am face down with teeth taking the weight of my body.

Ive also had a dream I went to a bunch of public restrooms and the doors were all locked. after like 20 of them I wake up and gotta go... glad i woke up!

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8239 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Life's too short to
live by the rules
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wow, both of these are frequent occurrences in my dreams too.

Posts: 1701 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: August 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cmparrish:
quote:

Wow, both of these are frequent occurrences in my dreams too.

I don't know what's going on with this, but a weird number of gun enthusiasts share this bizarre dream of their firearms losing their deadliness or malfunctioning in a shootout. I was waiting for at least the second person to respond; I'm sure there are others here. I have no idea what this phenomenon could be. Eerie, yeah?

I actually have not had this specific dream, but I have had one way too similar. I study martial arts. In my powerlessness dream, my karate techniques lose their effectiveness. No matter what I throw, they're all wimpy smacks at my opponent. I can barely even make a fist; the only thing that works at all is a weak shuto (open-hand knife-strike), and it's barely a slap.

Anyone care to explain this one?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: kkina,

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16872 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
King Kong is coming, everyone is hiding in shadows laying low. When he shows up, turns out he's like one of those Three Stooges guy-in-a-gorilla suit, maybe 5'8". He's wearing a khaki safari suit, bopping to a radio he has.

I jump in front of him and poke him in the belly with a pole. He goes "oof", his eyes bug and he turns to leave. The khaki pants clearly show he pee'd himself. It's the only time I've woken up laughing.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8536 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years go I tried Melatonin to help me sleep. I started having really vivid dreams. I stopped taking it after the night I dreamed about King Kong holding a giant tube of Pepsodent toothpaste.

____

I'm filled with gratitude for the blessings I've received.

Posts: 710 | Location: So Cal | Registered: September 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BurtonRW:
I'm waiting for bendable and SigMonkey to post before deciding if any of my dreams are worthy.

-Rob

I have had my share...

Once, I dreamed about teaching someone to change nose langing gear tires on an F-4, and I was talking in my sleep, and my wife decided to write down what I was saying. Next day she showed it to me and it was step by step, Tech Order perfect, including all the forms documentation.

Many years later I realized that I have photgraphic memory and recall, almost like a VCR. For many years, I thought everyone was like that, being able to "see" and remember details. It is not as "sharp" as it used to be, and short term memory is beginning to become "less reliable".

Wonder if I can get a head cleaning tape from bendable...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44442 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Years ago, I tried Chantix to stop smoking and had some of the weirdest dreams I've ever had.
The one that freaked me out the most was when I was dreaming I was covered in green and orange frogs. I'd wipe them off and they'd be right back on me. Wiped them off a few times in my dream. I woke up, jumped out of bed yelling and was wiping myself off. Scared the shit out of my then wife.
Not afraid of frogs at all still to this day. Quit the Chantix though and went back to smoking. Hahaha.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post