SIGforum
The Trump Presidency

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4520048714

January 17, 2018, 11:28 AM
The Trump Presidency
We had assholes like that in briefings and they were never asked back again.

They talked over the person briefing and interrupted his explanation resulting in the meeting over running its time frame and people having to leave to catch a flight and missing the end of the meeting.

I would stop and let him run off at the mouth and the next time he interrupted me, I would ask him to leave. After several times of this procedure, the press would have more respect.

January 17, 2018, 12:03 PM
DoctorSolo
Forcefully remove him and bar him from all press conferences for being a disruptive ass.
January 17, 2018, 12:04 PM
justjoe
quote:
I would stop and let him run off at the mouth and the next time he interrupted me, I would ask him to leave. After several times of this procedure, the press would have more respect.

I could not agree more. This practice should begin with the president, and then all the way down to any administration representative who has to deal with the press. Decades of pussy Republicans have taught the press that there are no boundaries to their rudeness and disrespect. Kick a few asses-- "There's the door, you are out of here!"-- and they would re-educate fast.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."
January 17, 2018, 12:35 PM
sdy
not sure of all the issues here,

Steve Bannon had been subpoenaed to testify to the Mueller grand jury.

Yesterday Bannon was interviewed by House Intel Comm. He caused quite a stir when he refused to answer any questions except for those about during the campaign.

Now news is breaking that Bannon will be interviewed by Mueller's team rather than the grand jury.

Bannon can bring an attorney to a voluntary interview to help him navigate the questioning, which he can’t do at a grand jury hearing

BTW, in an earlier post, the grand jury was described as being apparently antiTrump (DC jury)

https://hotair.com/archives/20...s-mueller-wants-ask/
January 17, 2018, 12:48 PM
parabellum
So what? Nothing happened. It's all a bunch of leftist whiny bullshit because they cannot accept a defeat.

I am so sick of this stupid fucking shit. This "investigation" needs to be completed and the truth needs to be told- this is a big, giant nothing. This idiotic crap has gone on FAR too long.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023
January 17, 2018, 12:54 PM
Sig2340
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
So what? Nothing happened. It's all a bunch of leftist whiny bullshit because they cannot accept a defeat.

I am so sick of this stupid fucking shit. This "investigation" needs to be completed and the truth needs to be told- this is a big, giant nothing. This idiotic crap has gone on FAR too long.

I heartily agree.

I want to redirect these investigative resources to looking into the findings of Judicial Watch's most recent success at finding the DOJ has "thousands" of previously undisclosed Clinton email and the discovery of people willing to subvert our government working in the highest levels of the DOJ and FBI.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018
January 17, 2018, 01:30 PM
Elk Hunter
quote:
"There's the door, you are out of here!"-- and they would re-educate fast.

Not only are the "out of here" they ain't coming back!!!!

Ask all the questions you want, but be civil enough to let the one questioned answer the damned question.

And, you have precisely 10 seconds to ask that question!

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter
January 17, 2018, 01:49 PM
45 Cal
take the damn chairs out,let these smug clowns stand .
Then drag the briefing with Ms sanders on for hours in an easy chair all the while staff serves her refreshments
January 17, 2018, 02:06 PM
sdy
a reminder of how truthful James Clapper was

http://www.washingtonexaminer....-out/article/2646146

Some lawmakers would like to see the Justice Department prosecute former spy chief James Clapper for inaccurate testimony to Congress about domestic surveillance before it's too late.

Privacy-conscious critics say looming five-year statutes of limitation for perjury and making false statements — establishing a March 12 deadline for charges — make an urgent case for action, and that nonprosecution would set a dangerous precedent that impedes oversight and executive-branch accountability.

Clapper, director of national intelligence from 2010 to 2017, testified during a March 2013 Senate Intelligence Committee hearing that the NSA was "not wittingly” collecting “any type of data at all” on millions of Americans.

Months later, former NSA contractor Edward Snowden revealed secret court orders forced phone companies to turn over all U.S. call records on an “ongoing, daily basis.”

In an apology letter, Clapper wrote that he gave a “clearly erroneous” answer because he “simply didn’t think of” the call-record collection. But in an MSNBC interview he offered a different explanation, saying he gave the “least untruthful” answer because he was “asked a, ‘When are you going to stop beating your wife?’ kind of question, meaning not answerable necessarily by a simple yes or no.”

All he had to do was say a simple "yes or no" would be misleading, but the reasons why are complex and classified

I don't trust Clapper at all, but right now we have more urgent things to attend to
January 17, 2018, 02:37 PM
cparktd
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The left’s narriative that Trump is racist doesn’t appear to be working so well. Big Grin

From the Daily Wire,
Trump’s Support Among Blacks Doubles Despite Racism Claims

Trump's support among black men "significantly exceeds his 2016 vote share."
Support from the black community for President Donald Trump has doubled since 2016 despite the media and the Democrats' insistence that Trump is a racist.

The report from The Atlantic, a left-leaning publication, states that Trump's support among black men "significantly exceeds his 2016 vote share" at 23%, while his support among black women increased to 11% — an average of 17%.

That score is approximately double the support that Trump received from the black community during the 2016 presidential election, as the BBC reports that approximately 8% of black voters voted for Trump.

Exit polls from the 2016 presidential election show that only 4% of black women voted for Trump while 13% of black men voted for him, according to CNN.

Broken down by gender, Trump's support from black women has nearly tripled from 4% to 11%, while his support from black men has nearly doubled from 13% to 23%.

One possible explanation for this increase in support from the black community is the historic low unemployment rate the community is experiencing under the Trump administration which currently sits at 6.8%, the lowest number ever recorded, according to CNBC.

If this is accurate it seems like a pretty big deal to me. IMO.

Maybe the hard working black americans are getting on board for Trump's immigration policies. I know in my hometown illegal immigrants poured in, competed for, and took a ton of low end jobs away from the black population...
However, in the long run, with low unemployment rates they are likely better off in general, having moved to better and better paying jobs.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.
January 17, 2018, 02:49 PM
TSE
quote:
Originally posted by cparktd:
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The left’s narriative that Trump is racist doesn’t appear to be working so well. Big Grin

From the Daily Wire,
Trump’s Support Among Blacks Doubles Despite Racism Claims

Trump's support among black men "significantly exceeds his 2016 vote share."
Support from the black community for President Donald Trump has doubled since 2016 despite the media and the Democrats' insistence that Trump is a racist.

The report from The Atlantic, a left-leaning publication, states that Trump's support among black men "significantly exceeds his 2016 vote share" at 23%, while his support among black women increased to 11% — an average of 17%.

That score is approximately double the support that Trump received from the black community during the 2016 presidential election, as the BBC reports that approximately 8% of black voters voted for Trump.

Exit polls from the 2016 presidential election show that only 4% of black women voted for Trump while 13% of black men voted for him, according to CNN.

Broken down by gender, Trump's support from black women has nearly tripled from 4% to 11%, while his support from black men has nearly doubled from 13% to 23%.

One possible explanation for this increase in support from the black community is the historic low unemployment rate the community is experiencing under the Trump administration which currently sits at 6.8%, the lowest number ever recorded, according to CNBC.

If this is accurate it seems like a pretty big deal to me. IMO.

Maybe the hard working black americans are getting on board for Trump's immigration policies. I know in my hometown illegal immigrants poured in, competed for, and took a ton of low end jobs away from the black population...
However, in the long run, with low unemployment rates they are likely better off in general, having moved to better and better paying jobs.

NYT fact check says false
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/0...fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur , so it must be true.

Calgary Shooting Centre
January 17, 2018, 03:35 PM
JALLEN
It’s been an interesting day on Fox News, from the speech on the Senate floor by soon to be former Senator Flake, to the recently concluded presentation of the Congressional Gold Medal to former Senator Bob Dole. Quite a contrast there.

Even Schumer and Pelosi managed to comport themselves with dignitude and grace. One wonders why they don’t do that more often.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
January 17, 2018, 03:52 PM
PASig
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Steve Bannon had been subpoenaed to testify to the Mueller grand jury.

Yesterday Bannon was interviewed by House Intel Comm. He caused quite a stir when he refused to answer any questions except for those about during the campaign.

Gasp! How DARE HE stick to the SCOPE OF THE INVESTIGATION! Not this highly expanded witch hunt.

January 17, 2018, 04:11 PM
sdy
Dow made it today.

closed above 26,000 for first time ever.

edit: let me sneak this one in

Apple is bringing back to the U.S. $246 B from foreign countries w low taxes.

Apple will pay $38B in taxes to do that (15.5%)

Apple also said it would spend $30B in the U.S. over the next 5 years, creating 20,000 new jobs.
January 17, 2018, 07:41 PM
parabellum
The Trumpees were announced.

http://www.foxnews.com/politic...ake-news-awards.html

1) The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claiming markets would ‘never’ recover from Trump presidency

2) ABC News' Brian Ross’ bungled report on former national security adviser Michael Flynn

3) CNN report that the Trump campaign had early access to hacked documents from WikiLeaks

4) TIME report that Trump removed a bust of Martin Luther King, Jr. from the Oval Office

5) The Washington Post’s Dave Weigel tweeting that Trump’s December rally in Pensacola, Florida, wasn’t packed with supporters

6) CNN’s video suggesting Trump overfed fish during visit with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe

7) CNN’s retracted report claiming Anthony Scaramucci-Russia ties

8) Newsweek report that Polish First Lady Agata Kornhauser-Duda did not shake Trump’s hand

9) CNN report that former FBI Director James Comey would dispute President Trump’s claim he was told he was not under investigation

10) The New York Times report that the Trump administration had hidden a climate-change report

11) In Trump’s words, "‘RUSSIA COLLUSION!’ Russian collusion is perhaps the greatest hoax perpetrated on the American people. THERE IS NO COLLUSION!”
January 17, 2018, 08:32 PM
JALLEN
He’s been playing these guys like a fiddle ever since he came down those stairs.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown
January 17, 2018, 08:42 PM
justjoe
The Trumpees.

Big Grin. Big Grin

God bless this man.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."
January 17, 2018, 09:25 PM
Sigmanic
quote:
1) The New York Times’ Paul Krugman claiming markets would ‘never’ recover from Trump presidency

That is an absolute classic! It highlights the fantasy world that some of these people are living in, and has to have done significant damage to his career. Maybe he should go into the climate change charlatan business? I think there's always a place for his ilk there.
January 17, 2018, 10:51 PM
lkdr1989
Hilarious!

...let him who has no sword sell his robe and buy one. Luke 22:35-36 NAV

"Behold, I send you out as sheep in the midst of wolves; so be shrewd as serpents and innocent as doves." Matthew 10:16 NASV
January 17, 2018, 10:54 PM
parabellum
Cool