SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
More good news, just saw on Fox News web site, it was announced that we are cutting $285 million out of payments to the UN’s yearly budget. My hope that this is a prelude to kicking the UN out of our country and into some third world hell hole.

Posts: 1833 | Location: central Alabama | Registered: July 31, 2009Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
this article says the U.S. gives the UN $ 3.3 B per year. (3300 million)

http://www.politifact.com/glob...ution-un-22-percent/

By far, most of that is for "peace keeping".

2.2 B of the 3.3 B is for peace keeping

285 Mil would be about a 9 % cut.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Here is a very important point that bears repeating:

The DEMs are attacking the new tax reform as mostly cuts for the rich because the individual tax reductions go away after 10 years.

Jake Tapper: “Next year, 91% of middle income Americans will receive a tax cut. Isn’t that a good thing?"

Bernie Sanders: “Yeah, it is a very good thing. And that’s why we should’ve made the tax cuts for the middle class permanent"

The only reason the individual reductions aren't permanent is because the DEMs wouldn't agree to the bill, so we had to pass it thru reconciliation rules.

This will be a big issue for 2018 elections. We need to "weaponize" this against the DEMs

Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

I want to point out that UN "peace keeping" really isn't. What it is, is raping, looting, oppressing, promoting drug trade, etc.

There's very little good that's getting done with all that "peace keeping" money.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:
More good news, just saw on Fox News web site, it was announced that we are cutting $285 million out of payments to the UN’s yearly budget. My hope that this is a prelude to kicking the UN out of our country and into some third world hell hole.

Man would that put a big smile on my face? Smile

Posts: 22909 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
The President and First Lady attend church for Christmas Eve services.

http://www.thegatewaypundit.co...-eve-church-service/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dwright1951:

A nice start, but not nearly enough!!!!!!

CUT IT ALL OFF.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
From our First Lady today Smile

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Conservative in Nor Cal constantly swimming
up stream
Picture of PR64
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Just wow....

-----------------------------------
Get your guns b4 the Dems take them away
Sig P-229
Sig P-220 Combat

Posts: 3484 | Location: Nor Cal | Registered: January 25, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:

Oh my, oh my, oh my.....be still my heart!!! What a beautiful, and gracious First Lady.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Sitting at home watching Christmas movies her the kids. Watching Home Alone 2 and forgot about this cameo...

Made me smile. That is all.

Posts: 7724 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
Can’t embed from my iPad. Take note of the scene at 3:10.

DT on TV and Movie

Edit: thanks Boss

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5752 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ugeesta:
Can’t embed from my iPad. Take note of the scene at 3:10.

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?...NnKqBJr4&app=desktop

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SapperSteel:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

I want to point out that UN "peace keeping" really isn't. What it is, is raping, looting, oppressing, promoting drug trade, etc.

There's very little good that's getting done with all that "peace keeping" money.

There was a talking head on Fox today that pointed out that we could not cut any money to the UN because the money buys more than peace keeping. It buys us influence in the UN. I wanted the anchor to ask if we have this influence, then why in the hell are they constantly undermining the wishes of this nation?

Face it, they want our money, but not our leadership, beliefs or ideals.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
The only benefit (?) to us being in the UN is that, as a permanent member of the Security Council, we have the ability to veto any truly horrible idea the others come up with.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Man, that picture of Melania is amazing.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5040 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
an example of what the administration is up against

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/1...eneral-new-york.html

Eric Schneiderman, New York’s attorney general:

The day after Mr. Trump’s victory, Mr. Schneiderman convened his staff in Manhattan and began the process of reorienting the mission of the office .

“The election was so traumatizing that my first step was to try and, essentially, pick everyone up off the canvas,” he said. “I had people who were too depressed to go into work.”

His staff soon began compiling something of a virtual war room, a Trump database to track federal actions and plan their responses. In some areas, Mr. Schneiderman said, they were “filling in” as the federal government rolled back enforcement of civil rights protections, wage rules and consumer protections.

“Then there’s the second category where they’re actually doing something to try and hurt New Yorkers,” he said. “And that’s not filling in, it’s more like fighting back. A galvanizing experience for that was the first travel ban.”

The pace of the confrontations with the administration has hardly abated. Recent actions have included joining 14 other states suing the Environmental Protection Agency “for failing to meet the Clean Air Act’s statutory deadline” related to unhealthy levels of smog, and challenging the administration’s move to bar a 17-year-old immigrant from getting an abortion.

“I did anticipate that the administration was going to be aggressively regressive,” Mr. Schneiderman said, adding: “I did not anticipate the volume that he was going to start pumping out so quickly. These guys were generating lots of trouble very quickly.”

hope Schneiderman sees a lot more "trouble"

posted Hide Post
Yeah, we know what Trump has been up against...and honestly, those who post articles from the very same "media" we all claim to hate...I just want to ask why?

Do you think we are too stupid to see this pushed into our faces from other sources???

Do you think we are somehow influenced by the "brain trust" in NY or LA?

Instead of posting what those idiots say, thereby promoting them with clicks, how about posting the work of Milo, Ben, Coulter, Southern, Lahren???

Let me suggest, we start posting the positive. Trump has given us our country back....let's take it back and give him our positive energy.

Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
A Tale of Two Years
BY ROGER KIMBALL DECEMBER 25, 2017

It was the best of years, it was the worst of years.

To hear some folks tell it, 2017 marked a hideous cataclysm in the affairs of man. “So long 2017, you won’t be missed,” wrote Robert Schlesinger in US News & World Report. “Little went well in 2017,” this sage confided in his threnody, “but maybe 2018 will be better.”

Mel Robbins, writing for CNN, sounded a similar note. “This year,” Robbins wrote, “I heard so many people ask, ‘Is this really happening?’” 2017 was “bizarre,” an “alternate reality.”

What happened in 2017 to mark it out as a year that will live in infamy? Dear Reader, I hope that you are sitting down. You will hardly believe the hideous truth. Quaff a bit of brandy. Have the smelling salts at hand. What was the unspeakable reality that sent almost the entire U.S. media, the academic establishment in toto, nearly all of Hollywood, and Democratic politicians from Washington state to Florida into hysterical mourning? Are you ready? Steady on.

Take a deep breath. OK, here it is.

Someone those repositories of virtue did not favor was elected president of the United States in a free, open, democratic election. Can you believe it? Their candidate lost. Even worse, the opposing candidate was elected without their permission, over their strenuous objections, unremitting ridicule, and against their hermetically sealed certitude that such a thing was impossible, impossible Kemo Sabe!

Now you know the worst. The 2016 presidential election worked as the Constitution said it was supposed to work, not the way Hollywood millionaires, Ivy-educated pundits, angry feminists, or partisan opponents wanted it to work.

There was other bad news in 2017. On November 8, 2016, the Dow Jones industrial average closed at 18,332. “Little went well” this year, so it is no surprise that the market closed on Friday, December 23 at 24,754. In other words, the market rose 6,422 points, or 35 percent, in little over a year. I’m told that represents more than $6 trillion in shareholder value. Horrible!

There were other terrible things in 2017. The United States, thanks in part to the exploitation of fracking technology, is now the world’s largest energy producer. Oil prices, to the chagrin of the Middle Eastern petrostates, and to Russia, are less than half what they were just a few years ago. (That’s one way the cunning Donald Trump kowtows to Vladimir Putin, by supporting policies that enhance America’s energy production.)

“Little went well in 2017,” quoth the scion of Arthur “see-no-evil-among-the-Kennedys” Schlesinger, except that unemployment is at 4.1 percent, consumer confidence is at a 17-year high, and 1.7 million jobs have been added over the course of this annus horribilis.

“Little went well in 2017”—unless, that is, you think that GDP over 3 percent is a good thing or that cutting 16 business-strangling regulations for every one new federal regulation is something to write home about.

“Little went well in 2017,” especially when you consider that the American military, with a $100 billion increase in its budget, is modernizing and strengthening. Meanwhile, illegal immigration is down more than 50 percent, even though Trump’s promised border wall has yet to be built.

Really to understand why Schlesinger fils could write that “little went well in 2017,” you have to understand that the tax-reform bill that Trump signed last week was “ the worst bill since the Fugitive Slave Act” of 1850. Nancy Pelosi was not so cautious or understated in her assessment. The bill, according to her, is “the worst bill in the history of the United States Congress,”

“Armageddon,” “ the end of the world.” Former Obama functionary Larry Summers, noting that the bill repeals Obamacare’s provision that forces people to buy insurance or pay a fine, predicted that 10,000 people a year would die because of the bill. In fact, the bill, by cutting corporate taxes from 35 to 21 percent, will spur economic growth which will create jobs, which will increase America’s prosperity. America’s middle class are the chief beneficiaries. The new plan doubles the standard deduction to $12,000—$24,000 for families—and also doubles the child tax credit from $1000 to $2000 per sprog. While the new act keeps seven individual tax categories—Trump wanted to reduce it to 4—it lowers the rate of all seven, maxing out now at 37 percent instead of 39.6 as before. Look at your pay check in February: you’ll see the difference.

“Little went well in 2017,” except that the United States now has an ardently pro-American president who puts the country’s interests, not the interests of the permanent bureaucracy and its media and academic echo chambers, first.

How does that work on the ground? Donald Trump, in fulfillment of a campaign promise, announces that the United States will move its embassy in Israel to Jerusalem. The United Nations goes into full snit mode. The Security Council votes against the plan, and the United States vetoes that resolution. Then the General Assembly votes to declare the plan “null and void” by a margin of 128 to 9 (with 35 abstentions). The votes, like most things the UN does, is utterly meaningless, but Nikki Haley, our ambassador to the UN, warned that the United States would be taking note of who voted against us. The first fallout was just announced: the United States will be cutting its contribution to the UN by $285 million. “We will no longer let the generosity of the American people be taken advantage of or remain unchecked,” she said.

Good for her. Surely that’s one little thing that went well in 2017. I expect a lot more of the same in 2018, though I don’t expect senile politicians like Nancy Pelosi or wimpy commentators like Robert Schlesinger to notice

https://pjmedia.com/rogerkimball/tale-two-years/

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post