SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
You will hear about Russia all the way to the midterms, as others have said the Dems are desperate to keep their base pissed off and fired up to get out and vote but I still think they will get their asses kicked yet again.

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
Here some "fake news" for ya:

Overheard conversation earns Conway leaker label

quote:
The witness created an anonymous Twitter feed, @KellyanneLeaks, to document Conway's overheard conversations. Politico first reported the Twitter feed and confirmed the conversations with two other sources.

Link

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
Here some "fake news" for ya:

Overheard conversation earns Conway leaker label

quote:
The witness created an anonymous Twitter feed, @KellyanneLeaks, to document Conway's overheard conversations. Politico first reported the Twitter feed and confirmed the conversations with two other sources.

Link

Reality is stranger than fiction. You can't make this stuff up.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13492 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
You will hear about Russia all the way to the midterms, as others have said the Dems are desperate to keep their base pissed off and fired up to get out and vote but I still think they will get their asses kicked yet again.
I fervently pray you are right.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Republicans have publicly downplayed Comey’s testimony, but privately they’re nervous that they’re burning through the legislative calendar while remaining deadlocked over healthcare reform. Meanwhile, unfinished work on tax reform, infrastructure investment and the budget piles up behind it.

The biggest frustration for many Republican lawmakers is that Trump has helped keep the controversy in the headlines by picking fights with the media on Twitter instead of keeping the focus on his own agenda or simply staying quiet at key moments.

http://thehill.com/homenews/se...ut-weighs-on-the-gop

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24609 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The "Republicans" need to nut up or shut up. They CONTROL both houses. Ryan needs to put on his man jammies and press on.

Does anyone think that the democrats would hesitate if they controlled congress? With a democratic president? Hell no. They would be passing bills left and right.

We have given you the tools, we have shown you the way, oh Republican congress, what will you do with it?

Most likely they will fumble. Because that is what they do. They are afraid of leading. Pussies.

"Lead, follow, or get out of the way". The asshat republicans need to get out of the way.

I am so disgusted with this broken ass thing we call government I have no words.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17175 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
funny thing about the Paris Accord

when the US pulled out, did anyone jump at the chance to even attempt to renegotiate?

nope

sort of proves the point that it has nothing to do with the climate and everything to do with money

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53805 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
So, which country or countries will step up and pay the billion dollars the US was supposed to pay while they paid nothing.

Any volunteers?
No?

I didn't think so.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31440 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
posted Hide Post
The only "news" that is not fake is, the month long August vacation frigging Congress will be taking. Lazy, no good political bums. Hang them all.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
funny thing about the Paris Accord

when the US pulled out, did anyone jump at the chance to even attempt to renegotiate?

nope

sort of proves the point that it has nothing to do with the climate and everything to do with money

Frogs said it was 'non-negotiable,' or some such tripe. Apparently, it was all or nothing, and our pulling out 'dooms the planet' (they actually said that in one of the media clips I saw).

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21923 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
So, which country or countries will step up and pay the billion dollars the US was supposed to pay while they paid nothing.

Any volunteers?
No?

I didn't think so.

The US is the only country that "volunteers", everyone else just feeds at the trough.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
What is the obsession with the entertainment industry with portraying the murder of our President?

http://www.breitbart.com/big-h...mance-julius-caesar/

Shakespeare in the Park began its summer season in New York City’s Central Park last month with a “contemporary” take on the playwright’s Julius Caesar, in which the title character bears a not-so-subtle resemblance to President Donald Trump.

In an interview with Mediaite, Laura Shaeffer — who saw a recent performance of the play, which opened May 23 — said that the character of Julius Caesar in the Public Theater adaptation wears a business suit and has his hair styled in a manner similar to Trump’s.

Sheaffer added that the character of Calpurnia, Caesar’s wife, speaks with a “Slavic accent” similar to that of First Lady Melania Trump.

As happens at the end of the original play, the (Trump-inspired) Caesar is brutally stabbed to death by his associates in the Senate. Sheaffer said Caesar’s death scene was particularly graphic, with blood “spewing everywhere,” and an American flag hanging overhead.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post
http://www.nydailynews.com/ent...th-article-1.3239341

" Delta Airlines and Bank of America pulled out of their sponsorship of New York’s Public Theater on Sunday over a production of “Julius Caesar” that reimagines the main character as President Trump.

Shortly after Delta, who was a four-year sponsor, made its announcement, Bank of America yanked its support as well.

The Shakespeare in the Park play tells the story of the leader assassinated by Roman senators over the fear that he’s becoming too tyrannical, but rather than the original setting, the production stages Caesar (Gregg Henry) and his wife, Calpurnia, (Tina Benko) with Donald and Melania Trump lookalikes.

Henry, who already played a Trump stand-in on “Scandal” last year, models his Caesar almost perfectly after the man in the Oval Office. He meets his end after being stabbed to death by women and minorities on stage."

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
What is the obsession with the entertainment industry with portraying the murder of our President?

These people are sick fucks, same with the fucks who produced a film about the assassination of George W. Bush 10 years ago. Mental disease, indeed.

We're not talking about fringe homemade crap, but real productions. To my knowledge, nothing like these have been made about Obama, Clinton, etc.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17175 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9023 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
For the 1000th time, fuck McCain:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/...eadership/index.html

He was later heard as saying "From that day on, we was always together, Lyndsey and me was like peas and carrots"

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37190 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Of course he believes Obama was better than Trump when it comes to American Leadership. The President leads, not Trump. That's Comey's job.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15855 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Report This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
For the 1000th time, fuck McCain:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/12/...eadership/index.html
Absolutely frightening (and disgusting) that a mental midget like McCain is allowed to jet around the world giving speeches on behalf of this country. This man does not represent me in any way, and if the GOP had 'any' interest in the welfare of this country, they'd clip his wings and stuff him in a closet somewhere, maybe with his pal Lindsey.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
Pathetic ending to prosecutorial careers of Comey and Lynch: LINK

quote:
Pathetic endings to prosecutorial careers of James Comey and Loretta Lynch
Posted by William A. Jacobson
Thursday, June 8, 2017 at 7:00pm

[Go to URL to view photos] Their reputations were taken down not by Donald Trump, but by their attempts to take down Trump.

I was not able to watch James Comey’s testimony today live, as I was in the car much of the day.

I was able to listen to the first hour and a half on terrestrial radio, as so many AM stations were carrying it that I was able to keep tuned even as one station faded out. After that, I followed on Twitter, and since then have seen many accounts and videos of what I missed.

I’m not going to try to catalog the questions and answers, I’m late to that.

Substantively, what jumped out at me was how much of Comey’s testimony was impressionistic — how he felt about what Trump said and what he surmised Trump intended. From a supposedly hardened prosecutor and FBI Director, it was a strange approach, one that must have been deliberate with the knowledge that Comey had very little hard evidence of Trump wrongdoing, much less criminality.

Another startling aspect was how damaging the Comey testimony was to the Russian conspiracy theorists who have driven the media and Democratic war on Trump.

Comey confirmed, again, that even as of his last day in office Donald Trump was not personally the subject of FBI investigation, neither criminal nor counter-intelligence. The lack of investigation, despite media claims otherwise, was not deemed worthy of public disclosure by Comey. Comey was fine to let Trump twist in the wind of misleading and false media claims.

Moreover, Comey stated that a key New York Times report asserting Trump campaign collusion, which sparked much of the frenzy the past several months, was substantively false. On top of that, Comey testified not only that Trump didn’t try to impede the Russia investigation, he actually encouraged Comey to find out and expose whether any of Trump’s campaign “satellites” (I assume that means people working for or with the campaign) engaged in wrongdoing.

This testimony should spell the death of the Russia collusion claims, as even Chris Matthews acknowledged today. But it’s more than a death of conspiracy theories, it’s an indictment of the attempts to undo the 2016 election results and to undermine the Trump administration’s ability to govern. The “resistance” has been and is based on lies, and represents the true threat to our electoral and representative system.

These are the big picture items. The he said / he said dispute over whether Trump asked for “loyalty” is a sideshow.

The real bombshell, however, had nothing to do with what Donald Trump did or didn’t do. It was that moment in the hearings when Comey, under questioning by Susan Collins, acknowledged that he had arranged for a Columbia Law School professor friend of his to leak a memo of his conversation with Trump about Michael Flynn to the NY Times. That memo apparently has not even been given to the Senate Intelligence Committee, and the leaking of which may put Comey himself in legal jeopardy.

Even worse, Comey admitted that he arranged the leak of the memo for the express purpose of creating a pretext for appointment of a Special Counsel. Comey succeeded in this subterfuge, as Special Counsel Robert Mueller now is leading the investigation. Comey never had volunteered that leak sequence, and allowed the public debate over appointment of a Special Counsel to proceed under false pretenses.

How pathetic Comey sounded during his testimony. A weak man who couldn’t even muster the courage to tell Donald Trump to his face when he thought Trump had crossed a line. Instead, Comey schemed behind the scenes to document conduct which even Comey will not publicly claim was criminal.

Trump’s distrust of Comey ultimate was vindicated by what we now know about Comey.

Pathetic also was the word that came to mind when Comey described how he succumbed to pressure from then Attorney General Loretta Lynch to call the investigation of Hillary Clinton’s email server a “matter.” That was how the Clinton campaign wanted it portrayed. From an electoral perspective, they dreaded the accurate description that Hillary was under “investigation.” The Attorney General served as the functional equivalent of a campaign enforcer in the campaign against Trump.

It all puts the secret meeting between Lynch and Bill Clinton in a new perspective, and should result in a re-opened investigation not only of Hillary’s server but a new investigation of Lynch.

So not only does James Comey’s prosecutorial career end pathetically, so too does Loretta Lynch’s. Their reputations were taken down not by Donald Trump, but by their attempts to take down Trump.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post