SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
I find it more than curious that Trump continues to let him serve as director of the FBI.

If Trump were to fire Comey, what do you think the reaction would be?

We all know Comey needs to go, just not now as the timing would be disastrous.

Trump missed his chance to do it gracefully. Should have been one of the first things he did after inauguration. Now he's caught between a rock and a hard place. I agree firing Comey at this point will bring hell fire.

But not doing so could have disastrous results for Trump as well. Now it's pick your poison. Fire him and face the fire or live with the poison pill.

We will be seeing another Comey press conference in the near future. It will most likely be as surprising as the last one.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8532 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Report This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
A) Trump knows what he's doing
B) He is a LOT smarter than most of us here
C) He left Comey in place for a reason
D) If we continually second-guess everything he does, it's gonna be a LONG 4/8 years....

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21847 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
All this drama with Comey and the Russians and the like is providing a nice smokescreen the media and the democrats cannot see through while a lot of Obama's rules and regulations are being gutted.

The media loves to say that Trump is doing nothing, yet behind the scenes, Trump is kicking ass and taking names and they don't even know it.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
When the cards fall...they will fall hard.

I have confidence in him. His has done a pretty damn good job for an outsider so far.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I have a feeling Comey is on a path to self destruction and at some point in the future evidence will emerge that will be followed shortly by his resignation.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37958 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Report This Post
Ball Haulin'
Picture of entropy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
I have a feeling Comey is on a path to self destruction and at some point in the future evidence will emerge that will be followed shortly by his resignation.

...and then the real fun begins.

I cant recall (well maybe Regan but I was younger) who has been so continuously misjudged by the press. All the press. Stories "pop" up that paint him like a bumbling bafoon. That story fades to nothingness and the next pops up. They are trying to paint a narritive of him that they hope will stick in peoples minds and be his legacy...truth be damned. The establishment...deep state...whatever you want to call them must maintain their little world at all costs. I just dont think Trump is gonna play their game. And unlike what I remember from Reagan, Trump is playing at a whole different level with these clowns.

We better damn well hope he succeeds...because if he doesnt, our own countrymen will be this Great Narions downfall.

--------------------------------------
"There are things we know. There are things we dont know. Then there are the things we dont know that we dont know."

Posts: 10079 | Location: At the end of the gravel road. | Registered: November 02, 2006Report This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:

We elected Donald Trump, not Forrest Gump.

Donald is a smart man, and I think if he had fired Comey, it would have been "2 point score", the home team crowd would go wild for about 15 seconds and the away team would boo, his and stomp their feet and after losing the game, all they would be about was how unfair it was throwing their guy out, no matter how unsportsmanlike he was.

Let him screw himself to the point where he quits.

I believe the corruption of the Clinton/Obama crowd and their lap poodles runs very deep and it may take some time, but we are just into 1/16th of the game. We gots a long way to go, and a good team and getting better everyday.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:

This is the sense I'm getting. Trump is just letting him gather more rope.

Posts: 3661 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
We are living in a world of temporary executive orders that will change every 4 to 8 years.

I truly believe this is how the government will function for the next few decades. Neither side is willing to give an inch, so every 4-8 years the current president will govern with EO's, swinging the country side to side. Eventually true governing will happen again but I do not forsee it for many, many, many years.

Neil Gorsuch believes that Congress, not the Executive, should make the laws that govern us. I think so too, and hope that Gorsuch is quickly confirmed. I also think that there's at least an even chance that that'll happen with no need to invoke the "nuclear option".

Serious about crackers

Posts: 8955 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
Trump should immediately resign and beg Hillary's forgiveness for stealing what was rightfully hers, since she clearly earned it and was the most qualified.

Oh, wait. No, that's totally wrong.

He should immediately have all Democrat politicians, judges and journalists arrested and shipped to Gitmo.

Hmmm... That may be very slightly over the top.

I think I'm going to let Trump figure it out. But I do hope he utterly screws the Democrats.

>>> GO TRUMP GO <<<

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17460 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Picture of 2012BOSS302
posted Hide Post

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsK7seojOuA

Donald Trump is not a politician, he is a leader, politicians are a dime a dozen, leaders are priceless.

Posts: 3791 | Location: Idaho | Registered: January 26, 2014Report This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Interesting few weeks coming up, particularly if this is confirmed...

Susan Rice Requested Unmasking of Incoming Trump Administration Officials

Susan Rice, who served as the National Security Adviser under President Obama, has been identified as the official who requested unmasking of incoming Trump officials, Cernovich Media can exclusively report.

The White House Counsel’s office identified Rice as the person responsible for the unmasking after examining Rice’s document log requests. The reports Rice requested to see are kept under tightly-controlled conditions. Each person must log her name before being granted access to them.
Upon learning of Rice’s actions, H. R. McMaster dispatched his close aide Derek Harvey to Capitol Hill to brief Chairman Nunes.

“Unmasking” is the process of identifying individuals whose communications were caught in the dragnet of intelligence gathering. While conducting investigations into terrorism and other related crimes, intelligence analysts incidentally capture conversations about parties not subject to the search warrant. The identities of individuals who are not under investigation are kept confidential, for legal and moral reasons.

Under President Obama, the unmasking rules were changed. Circa originally reported:

As his presidency drew to a close, Barack Obama’s top aides routinely reviewed intelligence reports gleaned from the National Security Agency’s incidental intercepts of Americans abroad, taking advantage of rules their boss relaxed starting in 2011 to help the government better fight terrorism, espionage by foreign enemies and hacking threats, Circa has learned.

Three people close to President Obama, including his “fall guy” for Benghazi (Susan Rice), had authorization to unmask.

Among those cleared to request and consume unmasked NSA-based intelligence reports about U.S. citizens were Obama’s national security adviser Susan Rice, his CIA Director John Brennan and then-Attorney General Loretta Lynch.

Not even mainstream outlets denied that some Trump officials had been spied on, with the NY Times reporting:

WASHINGTON — A pair of White House officials helped provide Representative Devin Nunes of California, a Republican and the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee, with the intelligence reports that showed that President Trump and his associates were incidentally swept up in foreign surveillance by American spy agencies.

According to WaPo, there were three sources for the reports, with Michael Ellis ultimately being blamed by WaPo and AP.

What’s striking about the Times story is the spin it took. Trump had previously claimed he had been “wire tapped” (quotation marks in his original Tweet), leading to media screams that he prove it. The Times’ own reporting proves that President Trump and his associates were spied on.
The Times, rather than admit Trump had been vindicated, instead focused its attention on the question of who leaked the reports to Nunes:

Since disclosing the existence of the intelligence reports, Mr. Nunes has refused to identify his sources, saying he needed to protect them so others would feel safe going to the committee with sensitive information. In his public comments, he has described his sources as whistle-blowers trying to expose wrongdoing at great risk to themselves.

Since when did journalists attempt to unmask sources? The Times, WaPo, and other outlets rely on anonymous sources in nearly every article about national security. It’s clear they have an agenda — that agenda is not telling the truth.

This reporter has been informed that Maggie Haberman has had this story about Susan Rice for at least 48 hours, and has chosen to sit on it in an effort to protect the reputation of former President Barack Obama.

https://medium.com/@Cernovich/...ficials-30085b5cff16

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Report This Post
bobbin' and weavin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
All this drama with Comey and the Russians and the like is providing a nice smokescreen the media and the democrats cannot see through while a lot of Obama's rules and regulations are being gutted.

The media loves to say that Trump is doing nothing, yet behind the scenes, Trump is kicking ass and taking names and they don't even know it.

This I believe. The Trump version of never letting a feigned crisis go to waste. Wink

Posts: 934 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: October 12, 2009Report This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
It appears Susan Rice may have been in on the unmasking.
Of course she wasn't worried she might be caught, Hillary was a shoe in for president.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ed-trump-transition/

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31425 | Registered: February 20, 2000Report This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Few things would give me greater pleasure than to see her in an orange jumpsuit.

Posts: 20102 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lbj:
It appears Susan Rice may have been in on the unmasking.
Of course she wasn't worried she might be caught, Hillary was a shoe in for president.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...ed-trump-transition/

quote:
Susan Rice has not denied the allegations, saying only, “I know nothing about this” when asked about the reports last month on PBS.

Ah, employing the Sgt. Schultz defense I see.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.breitbart.com/video...ciates-very-high-up/

Monday on Fox News Channel’s “Fox & Friends,” Fox News senior correspondent Adam Housley laid out his reporting on allegations that the then-Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump and associates close to Trump were surveilled and that their names were unmasked at the behest of those in the Obama administration.

part of transcript:

What we’ve learned is this — from multiple sources is that it’s all about intelligence-gathering methods. The fact is, a lot of these men and women in the intelligence communities did not want to speak about what’s going on because they were concerned about those methods being known. But now they figure they might as well at least clarify things since Nunes has been leaked to by someone they don’t know or at least they tell me they don’t know.

We know that there was this — there was surveillance of Trump and people close to Donald Trump including some supporters for up to a year before inauguration.

That information was disseminated we’re told through NSA channels. It’s unprecedented the way this was done. The mention of U.S. citizens is supposed to be masked. That means basically taken out of the report.

So for example, if I call somebody in Bulgaria, and that’s picked up somehow by our agencies and there’s nothing there involving national security, there’s nothing there involving a crime, that report would come out and it would say “American number one” or my name would not be there. What I’m told now is that when these reports came out, names were there and that is unprecedented. Basically, they say the information that’s unmasking, these names of Americans who had done nothing wrong was disseminated to all of NSC, some at DoD, Clapper, Brennan — basically the people at the top.

think how smug and self-righteous ADM Rogers, Clapper, and Brennan were when they testified to congress and ripped President Trump apart for "Russian" innuendo and his concerns about being spied on by the Obama administration.

Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
White House Releases Melania Trump’s Official Portrait.

http://dailycaller.com/2017/04...s-official-portrait/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Report This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
The First Lady looks quite lovely. As always.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Report This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Donald is a smart man, and I think if he had fired Comey, it would have been "2 point score", the home team crowd would go wild for about 15 seconds and the away team would boo, his and stomp their feet and after losing the game, all they would be about was how unfair it was throwing their guy out, no matter how unsportsmanlike he was.

Let him screw himself to the point where he quits.

But how much damage can he and his cronies do in the meantime?

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25643 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Report This Post