SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Paragon:
quote:
Originally posted by bcereuss:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's just incredible to watch the democrats behave like petulant children at a high school assembly, protesting the mean principal who replaced the cool principal and boy won't we show him, with our matching outfits and hand gestures.

Simply astonishing

To see Ellison and Wassermann-Shults sit there motionless. Incredible. They're acting just like children, and to pull that stuff while Corrine Owens was being recognized is scandalous. So very rude, and utterly disrespectful.

What were the hand gestures?

Maybe I missed some, but I saw at least two of them giving thumbs down gestures.

Link to Washington Post article

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3659 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
The whole Sessions thing is a manufactured crisis by the democrats. Ignore it and everything about it and press on. It is worth absolutely no further comment.

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
So Valerie Jarrett has moved into the Obama's house to coordinate the resistance to Trump? That's just weird. Grown-ups have their own homes. Sure they can coordinate all they want, but it's just strange that she is moving in with them.

Link

Posts: 6083 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:

I do have a question for the military folks. There is an article out stating that Trump's reference to Owen's was disrespectful. I personally felt since it was all over the news as well as the dads statement, that he was justified in publicly stating his support and appreciation. Just curious for your opinions.

What kind if article is that? Any link?

I'd like to know more about this dad's claim, what he thinks he knows about it, what makes him think it deserving of criticism, etc. Mattis said the op was successful, productive.

The idea that a mission has to be successful for the participants to be heroes seems quite novel. I guess we have been admiring the defenders of the Alamo all these decades for nothing.

Happy Texas Independence Day, and happy birthday to General Senator President Governor Sam Houston.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
The whole Sessions thing is a manufactured crisis by the democrats. Ignore it and everything about it and press on. It is worth absolutely no further comment.

They're throwing up anything hoping it will stick. They are hoping to pull a "General Flynn" again. Fuck them. Ignore the cockroaches and move on.

Q

Posts: 27557 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:

They're throwing up anything hoping it will stick. They are hoping to pull a "General Flynn" again. Fuck them. Ignore the cockroaches and move on.

Oops:

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted Hide Post
An Osprey was lost, had to be destroyed, quite a few wounded, and one dead.

This seems to be the comprehensive report, WaPo FWIW.

What makes this a stupid mission? Planned for months, somebody thought it was worthwhile. Trump gave the OK, BFD.

These things happen.

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Report This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JALLEN:
quote:

I do have a question for the military folks. There is an article out stating that Trump's reference to Owen's was disrespectful. I personally felt since it was all over the news as well as the dads statement, that he was justified in publicly stating his support and appreciation. Just curious for your opinions.

What kind if article is that? Any link?

I'd like to know more about this dad's claim, what he thinks he knows about it, what makes him think it deserving of criticism, etc. Mattis said the op was successful, productive.

The idea that a mission has to be successful for the participants to be heroes seems quite novel. I guess we have been admiring the defenders of the Alamo all these decades for nothing.

Happy Texas Independence Day, and happy birthday to General Senator President Governor Sam Houston.

The fathers comments are all over but really only go back to the Miami Herald article and I do not believe he has spoken since. Here is the article I was referencing.

I have a Navy friend who gets really upset when people Thank him for his service on Memorial Day. And every year I make a small donation to a charity of his choice on memorial day. I guess I am just wondering if this was really seen as wrong or if is just more left leaning folk twisting words. President Trump did not advertise or attempt to gain from his visit to Dover, and until they made an issue of things he did not put it forward. I felt what he did was pure and an honor, I was proud to stand and clap at my house. I was proud of those in the room who clapped. I was proud that I could here President Trump clapping in his microphone. Thus my surprise at the article. I figured this was at least something we could agree on, but maybe not.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3659 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Report This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
quote:

Oops:

Ouch. That'll leave a mark.

Posts: 6083 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
quote:
I told my daughters, "When he said '... my job is to represent the United States of America." He became a truly great president.

I missed it when it came on and was listening to it on my iphone with headphones at work. In the middle of a quiet shop, I damn near yelled out "HELL YEAH!" It wouldn't have offended anybody we're mostly all like minded here, but I would've been a little embarrassed. Anyway that was a red blooded, patriotic American speech if I've ever heard one. I was a little pumped up after that.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1215 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Report This Post
Serenity now!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
So Valerie Jarrett has moved into the Obama's house to coordinate the resistance to Trump? That's just weird. Grown-ups have their own homes. Sure they can coordinate all they want, but it's just strange that she is moving in with them.

Link

Odd, she must have bad credit or something...

------------------------------------------------

9/11/01 Never Forget

"In valor there is hope" - Tacitus

Posts: 2712 | Location: VA | Registered: April 15, 2003Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Is there a more vile creature in public life than Michael Moore?

OBAMA! At some point, the shit he is 'orchestrating' now, must eventually cross the line of treason. Deliberately working toward undermining a legitimately elected government, crosses the line of the 1st amendment, at some point.

Obama is still a clear and persistent danger to the Constitution of the United States of America.

-.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.- -.-. --.-
It only stands to reason that where there's sacrifice, there's someone collecting the sacrificial offerings. Where there's service, there is someone being served. The man who speaks to you of sacrifice is speaking of slaves and masters, and intends to be the master.

Ayn Rand

"He gains votes ever and anew by taking money from everybody and giving it to a few, while explaining that every penny was extracted from the few to be giving to the many."

Ogden Nash from his poem - The Politician

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by icom706:
quote:
Is there a more vile creature in public life than Michael Moore?

OBAMA! At some point, the shit he is 'orchestrating' now, must eventually cross the line of treason. Deliberately working toward undermining a legitimately elected government, crosses the line of the 1st amendment, at some point.

Obama is still a clear and persistent danger to the Constitution of the United States of America.

Call me crazy but I don't think if it were him and him alone he'd have sense enough to poor piss out of a boot. I firmly believe Soros controls this puppet 100% and the magic negro don't take a leak without asking him first. They tried Harold Ford Jr. first and it didn't stick. Then out of nowhere here comes Obama.
If you want to kill the snake cut off it's head. I'll never be convinced Obama is the head.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sig 226:
quote:

Link

Odd, she must have bad credit or something...

She lived in the White House too, and ate with the O's. Makes you wonder who's in charge, who's calling the shots, Soros or the Iranians - or both...

Posts: 930 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
quote:
quote:

Oops:

Ouch. That'll leave a mark.

Here in Missouri, it is just another nail in McCackle's coffin. She couldn't get elected as a dog catcher in Missouri now and the Dims know it, they already have a challenger for her in their 2018 primary. She had to rig the last republican primary to run against Akins who promptly opened his mouth and said something stupid. Her only political hope was Hilary getting elected and getting a cabinet job.

Posts: 4057 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
Get on the fifty!
Picture of Andyb
posted Hide Post
These butthurt liberals are getting really annoying.

"Pickin' stones and pullin' teats is a hard way to make a living. But, sure as God's got sandals, it beats fightin' dudes with treasure trails."

"We've been tricked, we've been backstabbed, and we've been quite possibly, bamboozled."

Posts: 3625 | Location: OK | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
Picture of sig sailor
posted Hide Post
Question: Is Valerie moving in with them or with him? Hummm. Ok, ok I'm just stirring the pot. Smile
Rod

"Do not approach a bull from the front, a horse from the rear, or a fool from any direction." John Deacon, Author

I asked myself if I was crazy, and we all said no.

Posts: 1729 | Location: Between Rock & Hard Place (Pontiac & Detroit) | Registered: December 22, 2010Report This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It is sticking. Jason Chaffetz has stated that Sessions should recuse himself from any Russian investigations. Some republicans are calling for a special prosecutor. The democrats will get a special prosecutor and it won't matter where the investigation takes them. If the investigations comes up with nothing then the Dems will say the republican fix was in. Despite all of the investigations into the Obama administration I don't recall Obama ever appointing a special prosecutor into any investigation. The closest we got to a special prosecutor under Obama wasn't for Benghazi, The IRS scandal, The phoenix airport meeting, or V.A. scandal. It was to investigate the Bush administration at the beginning of the Obama administration.

Republicans can't circle their wagons like the democrats do. The republicans are pathetic and barely a month into the administration the Democrats are taking advantage of the wimp republicans. It is of course delusional the Russians wanted Trump to win. They don't want a strong willed leader like trump. They don't want us to rebuild our military. It is time for republicans to grow a damned spine and instead of playing defense go on offense. Empower a special prosecutor to investigate Hillary Clinton and Beghazi. Empower a special prosecutor to investigate the IRS and see how quickly the fake news changes the narrative.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Report This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
And now a word from the new spokesman for the Democrats:

Posts: 3678 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:

not treason

but definitely sedition

I wonder why the SEALs aren't making an effort to find Soros and put him out of our misery as an enemy of the state - he is no different that Sadam Hussein or bin Laden or any other enemy we have had

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53805 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post