SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Pizza on the Traeger
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Pizza on the Traeger Login/Join 
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted
OMG - why did I not think of this before!

Say what you will about Traeger grills (I personally love mine), cooking a pizza on it is the bomb diddly yo!

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
It is the bomb. We do pizza regularly on the smoker. I love what the smoke does to pineapple.

Posts: 3241 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Without pictures, it did not happen !

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Wait until you make cornbread

Posts: 23576 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
Without pictures, it did not happen !

The wife frowns on that, she's not that patient.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:
It is the bomb. We do pizza regularly on the smoker. I love what the smoke does to pineapple.

Pineapple? Eek

Posts: 958 | Registered: October 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live Slow,
Die Whenever
Picture of medic451
posted Hide Post
"If you like pineapple slices on pizza, I hope you like pineapple slices on your children's graves because you're weak, your bloodline is weak, and you will not survive the winter." Big Grin

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I require the same from them."
- John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Posts: 3453 | Location: California | Registered: May 31, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
I've thought about throwing a Papa Murphy's Cowboy™ on my Traeger but haven't gotten around to it.

One day ...

Posts: 5075 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caught in a loop
posted Hide Post
I honestly hadn't thought about it. I know I've been resisting the urge to go buy a pizza stone for the oven...

"In order to understand recursion, you must first learn the principle of recursion."

Posts: 3355 | Location: Memphis, TN | Registered: August 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steel, get the pizza steel, not the stone. 1/4" minimum, 3/8" or even 3/4" is better if you want to wrestle the weight. Pizza steels blow stones outta the water!

Posts: 1704 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Move Up or
Move Over
posted Hide Post
No stone or steel is needed on a pellet smoker. You can achieve pizza bliss with just the smoker

Posts: 4954 | Location: middle Tennessee | Registered: October 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spinnin' Chain
Picture of Expat
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
quote:
Originally posted by Expat:

Pineapple? Eek

Pineapple, real bacon bits, mushrooms, olives, Italian sausage, pepperoni, mozza, parmesan, peppercinis...

Posts: 3241 | Location: Oregun | Registered: August 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
OMG - why did I not think of this before!

Say what you will about Traeger grills (I personally love mine), cooking a pizza on it is the bomb diddly yo!

Yep, love it! I first discovered this when my son's Cub Scout pack cooked pizzas on the grill at a camp out.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4880 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post