Find
Notify
Tools

Tower fans Login/Join 
I Am The Walrus
posted
Was thinking about picking a couple up.

What do you guys like for tower fans?

Looked at the Dyson, they're highly rated but also $300+ so that's not in the budget.

Was hoping to stay <$100 each if possible.

If it had a heater feature that would be even best. We don't get much of a winter here and have ceramic tile so it can get a little chilly in the winter mornings here.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
We've had a couple Lasko tower fans for going on 10 years, and they've held up well to frequent use. They appear to be an older version of this model: http://www.laskoproducts.com/4...-control-model-4821/

We also have a Lasko tower heater for the master bathroom, which may be a couple years newer. I think it's an older version of this model: http://www.laskoproducts.com/e...-control-model-5588/

They run ~$50 each. I believe we bought ours at Sam's Club.

Posts: 33111 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
I get them at Costco, $40 gets you a mega tower and a matching mini me tower, they last several years running 24/7 here and work well, we have 4 in the house.

They sell the mega buck Dyson fan however I don't see the value in it for $300 it's a small fan in the base that runs air up a tube to the oval....

If you need a super quiet fan then maybe the dyson is worth considering

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I have two Lasko's and they're great

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53852 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
I get them at Costco, $40 gets you a mega tower and a matching mini me tower, they last several years running 24/7 here and work well, we have 4 in the house.

They sell the mega buck Dyson fan however I don't see the value in it for $300 it's a small fan in the base that runs air up a tube to the oval....

If you need a super quiet fan then maybe the dyson is worth considering

I just took the $40.00 combination of fans back to Costco after trying it for three days, as it was all kinds of noisy , I had to turn up the tv it was so loud,

and it was also too loud to sleep with.

the good news was that it blew all kinds of air , it did that very very well.

So I guess if you want it to blow great amounts of air in a room that you don't have to listen to it in ,
thats your Monkey.

I am a 20 year fan of lasko products as well

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
The Lasko units got decent reviews on Amazon. Not 5/5 stars but at their price points, I think that was kind of expected.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
f.w.i.w.:
I think that in the 25 years that we have been Costco members , I've taken back only 6 items.
including this tower fan combo

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 55211 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
Mrs. M-11 uses 3 Lasko rotating towers in her classroom. At least 6 yrs of 1st grade rug rat smell circulating.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post

In all seriousness, I've had a couple Laskos that run much of the summer in a cabin and they've held up well. Helped by cleaning thoroughly every month or so.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post