SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Virginia Gov. Northam in the News Again
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virginia Gov. Northam in the News Again Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
I'd love for about eight thousand people to print that picture and mail it to Ralphie.

What a doo-mahs.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Boy is sharp as a bowling ball.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He forgot to bring the wife along, the one who stopped him from demonstrating the moonwalk for the cameras.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
While everyone is distracted:

VA Governor Signs Universal Background Checks, Gun Rationing Bill

Governor Ralph Northam (D) signed legislation Saturday creating universal background checks in Virginia and limiting law-abiding Virginians to one handgun purchase per month.

Northam’s office announced his signature on Senate Bill 70 / House Bill 2, creating the universal checks and thereby outlawing private gun sales.

He signed Senate Bill 69 / House Bill 812 resurrecting Virginia’s “one-handgun-a-month rule to help curtail stockpiling of firearms and trafficking.”

Northam used a tweet to refer to these gun controls as “commonsense gun safety measures,” but he did not mention that they would not have prevented the May 31, 2019 Virginia Beach shooting that he used as an impetus for gun control.

He also signed other controls into law, including requirements that gun owners report stolen firearms within 48 hours of the theft or face “civil penalty.” This puts the onus for a gun theft on the gun owner, rather than the individual who stole the firearm.

Democrats won control of Virginia’s legislature in November 2019 and, just days after their victory, Northam made clear there would be a war on guns. That war originally included all-out bans on certain categories of firearms, on ammunition magazines holding more than ten rounds, and on firearm suppressors. However, Democrats reformulated their push after facing widespread public backlash over their gun control agenda.

Well over 100 local governments in Virginia declared Second Amendment Sanctuary status in response to the gun control push, and some law enforcement officials were vocal in their opposition to new controls as well.

AWR Hawkins is an award-winning Second Amendment columnist for Breitbart News and the writer/curator of Down Range with AWR Hawkins, a weekly newsletter focused on all things Second Amendment, also for Breitbart News. He is the political analyst for Armed American Radio. Follow him on Twitter: @AWRHawkins. Reach him at awrhawkins@breitbart.com. You can sign up to get Down Range at breitbart.com/downrange.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...-gun-rationing-bill/

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4579 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
What a terrible human he is. It will be a glorious day when the Old Dominion is rid of him and elects a decent person for a change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
What a terrible human he is. It will be a glorious day when the Old Dominion is rid of him and elects a decent person for a change.

Indeed.

SB70/HB2 won't be effective. I'll guarantee you that private sales will still happen.

SB69/HB812 won't do a darned thing to "curtail stockpiling" or end trafficking.

Ralph and his minions are darned fools, and the Commonwealth will do well to be rid of him.

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
He is a perfect example of a guy lauded for his MD (pediatric neurology) who is stupid, possesses no common sense, a controlling asshole.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16701 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
stupid, possesses no common sense, a controlling asshole.

Nailed it!!

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
I was reading on Breitbart that he also signed into law the bill that rolled back some of the safeguards on abortions, yesterday on Good Friday. I see that occurring during Passover and on Good Friday as another slap in the face.

Posts: 3221 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
quote:
SB70/HB2 won't be effective. I'll guarantee you that private sales will still happen.

A friend asked me about this and why I opposed it. I told him that It is not logical.

How can it be enforced? It literally can only apply to guns purchased after the 'start date' of enforcement. So all guns prior to that cannot be tracked effectively. So, logically it leads to registration, so we can effectively track them. and once registered, confiscation.

anyway, they have their wet dream, not one single piece of this crap would have stopped the shooting they claim spawned all this, and they wont address that question either.
The only upside is, he doesnt seem to be losing his shit like some of the other governors right now.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3591 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by redstone:
he doesnt seem to be losing his shit like some of the other governors right now.

That's because he's filled with such an ample supply.

God bless America.

posted Hide Post
How do you know if a private sale occurred before or after the enactment of this new law? Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Precisely.

God bless America.

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
It’s never really been about passing laws that will make a difference. It’s always been about restricting and attacking the 2A and getting gradual wins towards their end game of a total ban. Their criminally insane supporters eat it up and think it’s going to make a difference but anyone with a functioning brain will realize it won’t do a damn thing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21108 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
When the pushback happens, it can't be a polite "excuse me, please don't infringe my rights - Thank You" response.

It needs to be a brutal, painful and where required - lethal "Don't ever fuck with me again" movement that removes any thought for them to try those actions again.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4579 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
^^^

Better start happening soon. Only one way to deal with a cancerous tumor

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Enforcement on new guns, made or first sold after the law takes effect would be pretty easy. If you're not the original buyer and are in possession of a gun for which someone else is on the original 4473 after the law takes effect, that could be a problem.

Problem with private sales ignoring this new law would be advertising what you have for sale and then selling to a stranger, FTF, hoping he's not an undercover cop.

Posts: 3538 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by sgalczyn:
When the pushback happens, it can't be a polite "excuse me, please don't infringe my rights - Thank You" response.

It needs to be a brutal, painful and where required - lethal "Don't ever fuck with me again" movement that removes any thought for them to try those actions again.[/QUOTE

It's called the ballot box.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

And we need to attack it with a vengeance.

God bless America.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:

And we need to attack it with a vengeance.

He pulled a sneak attack there today as well.

https://www.13newsnow.com/arti...46-b7b9-93350c29315a

RICHMOND, Va. — Gov. Ralph Northam signed landmark new laws that repeal Virginia’s voter ID law, make Election Day a state holiday in Virginia, and expand access to early voting, a news release said.

“Voting is a fundamental right, and these new laws strengthen our democracy by making it easier to cast a ballot, not harder,” Gov. Northam said in the news release.

“No matter who you are or where you live in Virginia, your voice deserves to be heard. I’m proud to sign these bills into law.”

Northam signed these bills:

House Bill 1 and Senate Bill 111, sponsored by House Majority Leader Charniele Herring and Senator Janet Howell, respectively, allow early voting 45 days prior to an election without a stated excuse. Virginia currently requires voters who wish to vote absentee to provide the state with a reason, from an approved list, why they are unable to vote on Election Day.

House Bill 19 and Senate Bill 65, sponsored by Delegate Joe Lindsey and Senator Mamie Locke, respectively, remove the requirement that voters show a photo ID prior to casting a ballot. Voter ID laws disenfranchise individuals who may not have access to photo identification and disproportionately impact low-income individuals, racial and ethnic minorities, the elderly, and individuals with disabilities.

House Bill 108 and Senate Bill 601, sponsored by Delegate Joe Lindsey and Senator Louise Lucas, respectively, make Election Day a state holiday, which will help ensure every Virginian has the time and opportunity to cast their ballot. In order to maintain the same number of state holidays, this measure repeals the current Lee-Jackson Day holiday, established over 100 years ago to honor Confederate generals Robert E. Lee and Stonewall Jackson.

House Bill 235 and Senate Bill 219, sponsored by Delegate Joshua Cole and Senator David Marsden, respectively, implement automatic voter registration for individuals accessing service at a Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) office or the DMV website.

House Bill 238 and House Bill 239, sponsored by Delegate Mark Sickles, and Senate Bill 455, sponsored by Senator Bryce Reeves, expand absentee voting timelines to ensure access to the polls.

House Bill 1678, sponsored by Delegate Joe Lindsey, extends in-person polling hours from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post