SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Conspiracy theories. PragerU interview with Michael Shermer
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Conspiracy theories. PragerU interview with Michael Shermer Login/Join 
Partial dichotomy
posted
https://www.prageru.com/videos...e_25782925&ls=&es=eu

Author and Skeptic magazine founder Michael Shermer joins PragerU CEO Marissa Streit to discuss why conspiracy theories spread, how some turn out to be true, and how to tell the difference between healthy suspicion and paranoia. Shermer explains why UFOs, 9/11, the moon landing, COVID, and antisemitic conspiracies capture the public imagination, and how social media and AI have made false narratives easier to create and spread. They also discuss the difference between real conspiracies and conspiracy theories, and why the best question to ask is: What would it take to change your mind?




SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>
 
Posts: 42140 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
Back up.
I imagine it would be worth listening to. I read his articles all the time when I subscribed to Skeptic magazine. Unfortunately I have no patience for lengthy online interviews, probably much to the dismay of a good friend whose channel is mostly interviews of book authors.

And what is it with all the videos whose sound volume is at max when opened? I’m up early, my wife is trying to sleep in the other room, and this one hides the controls immediately after a two-second exposure.




“Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.”
— Plato
 
Posts: 49956 | Location: 10,160 Feet Above Sea Level in Commirado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Big follower of Shermer. I teach a class on pseudoarchaeology and conspiracy theories and I frequently assign readings from Shermer's works.


----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.
 
Posts: 19882 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Conspiracy theories. PragerU interview with Michael Shermer

© SIGforum 2026