SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    A discussion on religious texts, beliefs, and paths. Please read before posting.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A discussion on religious texts, beliefs, and paths. Please read before posting. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
...we'll all get the answers some day whether they are the ones we want or not.
Not by staring at the ground, you won't, and despite your reference to astrophysics, that is essentially what you're doing, with this stuff about being concerned with the here and now. As far as philosophy goes, I just don't see you having a genuine interest in the subject. If you think philosophers don't delve into religious texts, you're sadly mistaken. Those "made-up stories" are blueprints of the human psyche.

Drugs? Getting stoned more often, as you say- well, have you read Campbell's The Hero With a Thousand Faces? Look up 'elixir theft'. The elixir thief attempts to achieve enlightenment the easy way- via a magical elixir. That's where psychotropics will get you in your quest- nowhere.

I'm not trying to beat up on you, but when I see this stuff about "made-up stories", it tells me a lot. It's very short-sighted.

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
And this, too,
shall pass away
Picture of Drifting Fate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ffips:
My questions:
Would you please share in your first post what your religion is?
Christian, non-denominational, orthodox trending towards Orthodoxy.

Do you attend church/temple/synagogue/etc. regularly?
No, said with sadness and longing, I have found no churches within a reasonable distance to speak from the Bible, instead choosing to be group therapy sessions with an upbeat soundtrack and fancy lights. I love charisma and a screaming guitar as much as the next person, but I long for Biblical teaching. My quest continues. Also note I've never been a joiner in anything, so going it alone is natural to me, but we are called to e in fellowship, so I try.

How do you acknowledge other belief systems?
How? Easily, for they exist, doesn't mean I believe them to hold Truth, however. We don't live in a theocracy, and I believe in freedom of religion up to the point it harms others, be it through core doctrine or interpretation, and am always up for a thoughtful discussion on religion as long as all parties can remain civil. I think your real question is if I believe in the "one light, many lanterns" idea as espoused elsewhere here. No. the Bible, proven true through prophecy, historical record - biology, mathematics, geology, physics, et al - and personal experience with the supernatural, says only those who accept Christ as the Savior and Son of God, 100% God, 100% Man, part of the Holy Trinity, shall know salvation. Religion is man's attempt to understand the supernatural and the knowledge lodged in the heart. Many have said Christ was anti-religion and pro-Truth. That's correct from many different angles, but we need religion to help us understand.

What religious text(s) do you use?
Bible, as written in 66 books, by 40 different authors, and compiled by learned men influenced by the Holy Spirit in the writing and compilation of texts to hold that which will answer man's yearning to understand. It is a book of salvation, not explanation. White sharks exist but are not mentioned in the Bible - God doesn't remove all mystery from us, but rather reveals Himself to us so that we may know Him. As the slave needed someone to explain the scripture to him, so do we need educated, insightful, and Spirit-led people to help us, hence the place for commentaries and all other works which lead us to greater understanding of the Triune God and scripture, holding first to every yot and tiddle.

Please share your beliefs and how they influence your day to day.
The search to expand my knowledge of Christ and to witness for him, not through the clergy as I have not been called, but through how I live my life and so witness, poorly, by example, are the most important things. It brings me understanding, humility, and sanity in a crazy world. More than that, it is fulfilling the very reason for my existence. For God would have none perish, but to acknowledge the love and sacrifice He gave us. This does not make me superior, indeed the exact opposite is true. By my sins and His perfection, I acknowledge I am nothing and carry that into my dealings with the world. It also gives answers to so many of the "why's" people constantly ask... The Fall, Free Will, and that we struggle not against flesh and blood but against powers and principalities covers a lot of ground.

I struggle with the idea that typically religious views hold that any/all other religions are wrong and therfore not a path to eternity. I believe there will be members of all religions in whatever there is beyond the physical presence here.
Please do not take this in the wrong vein, but the Cristian God is the only one whose actions save us, all others demand action of us. I love my Catholic brothers and sisters, but it's not through works we are saved, but by Christ's sacrifice. Works show the world that Chris lives within us, they do not win us to Him. Is universal salvation true? That part of us that weeps with others wants it to be so, but the Bible only promises assurance to this who accept Christ through the power of the Holy Spirit (not to sound convoluted, but there is a level of interaction between Free Will and Election that we don't have the minds to wholly grasp). Not my rules, and if you delve deeper one will see this is because sin cannot exist in the presence of the Most Holy, so God had to cleanse us of our sins before we could withstand being in His presence.

I also struggle with the idea of spreading the gospel if the belief is that the innocent or uninformed are saved. To me Joe who didn't know Christianity was headed to a great afterlife then Billy the Christian came and shared the gospel with Joe so now Joe has to convert/believe or be damned. In my book that makes Billy a bit of a jerk. Let the innocent and blissfully ignorant be and gain the afterlife.
You brought it up, so I will answer. I do not say this to offend, but to put in greater context, this is a mark of an immature Christian. I'm not attacking, just suffice it to say Answers to such question s are readily found if you care to look. May I recommend Josh McDowell's "More Than a Carpenter" if you wish to answer many questions easily, cheaply, and thoroughly. Rather than wallow in unknowns, seek answers. He who seeks shall find.

Thanks, hopefully this will help me and potentially others understand things...
Thank you for so politely, and with care, asking good questions and being open to honest answers. Please note, I'm not an expert... don't play one on TV, didn't even stay in a Holiday Inn since forever. I hope you, and everyone else on this board, take what I have said with grace. This is a limited space to discuss the Reason for Living and the Power who created the universe. Even if our beliefs differ, it's a lot of territory to cover. God bless and goodnight.

edited:
  • Attempted to clarify paragraph two
  • Fixed a typo

Posts: 3679 | Location: AZ | Registered: June 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Not by staring at the ground, you won't, and despite your reference to astrophysics, that is essentially what you're doing, with this stuff about being concerned with the here and now. As far as philosophy goes, I just don't see you having a genuine interest in the subject. If you think philosophers don't delve into religious texts, you're sadly mistaken. Those "made-up stories" are blueprints of the human psyche.

Drugs? Getting stoned more often, as you say- well, have you read Campbell's The Hero With a Thousand Faces? Look up 'elixir theft'. The elixir thief attempts to achieve enlightenment the easy way- via a magical elixir. That's where psychotropics will get you in your quest- nowhere.

I'm not trying to beat up on you, but when I see this stuff about "made-up stories", it tells me a lot. It's very short-sighted.

I was referring to death. I also think you may be taking what I said too literally about the here and now. I didn’t mean that we shouldn’t discuss such things, ask questions, or delve deep into the topic. I’m just not a fan of spending so much effort in areas that have such unreliable benefit with an often heavy cost.

I never meant to insinuate that philosophy and religion had no connection; they are often deeply intertwined with blurred boundaries. Reading almost any selection philosophical works will show anyone that. I agree on the blueprints metaphor. There are few other of humanity’s creations that give such an intimate look into the personality of a civilization.

The pot reference was also a joke. Even so, I wouldn’t discount chemical assistance in this area. Human perception is dependent upon chemical reactions. There is much philosophy to be found lyrically that was created by less than sober artists. At least, not so much in modern crap music. Smile

Sorry if this is derailing the OP. This could go along many tangents.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17280 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Not by staring at the ground, you won't, and despite your reference to astrophysics, that is essentially what you're doing, with this stuff about being concerned with the here and now.
I was referring to death.
I know what you meant, and it's yet another one of these cop-out statements from you, just like when you said:
quote:
We don't know how the universe came to be, or even if it's a valid question. We don't know how life began. We don't know A LOT.
Such statements are calculated to let atheists off the hook. The inference to be made is that since we cannot know, we shouldn't even try, and that we'll only know the truth at our passing. Yeah, these are cop-outs: Don't bother trying, don't ask the questions. Just slog through life with no connection to the Universe except for your feet touching this rock.
That ball of goo between our ears- it's designed for one purpose- to keep our bodies alive on this rock. It's an AM radio. You can't pick up FM signals with an AM radio, but what you can do is to receive information about the nature of FM radio signals over your AM radio, and thereby begin to divine things beyond the capacity of your receiver. It matters not that we cannot fully understand the nature of our existence, because we can glimpse enough of the truth of it to give us large clues as to that nature. But, you have to ask the questions, and when you say "I'm an atheist", you aren't asking the questions.

Here, let me call upon the assistance of William Blake, who was infinitely more eloquent:

“If the doors of perception were cleansed everything would appear to man as it is, Infinite. For man has closed himself up, till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.”

"...till he sees all things thro' narrow chinks of his cavern.” Get it? Use your AM radio to receive information about the nature of the FM signal, and then and only then may you glimpse the truth, which is that we are eternal. Atheists don't believe we are eternal. Atheists believe that we are merely sacks of meat living a meaningless existence.

Which brings me back around to your statement that "we'll all get the answers some day whether they are the ones we want or not." Let's see: atheism = no God = no afterlife. By what you believe, you'll never have an answer. By what you believe, all that is going to happen to you is that when you die, it's lights out and that's the end. So, if what you believe is correct, you won't be around to receive an answer. You'll just be gone. Those who believe in an afterlife- they are the ones who may get to find out. So, when I say to you that you won't get your answers by staring at the ground, I am referring not only to you but to all those who are certain that there is no God, because no God means no afterlife and no afterlife means that you must get your answers in this life.
quote:
I also think you may be taking what I said too literally about the here and now. I didn’t mean that we shouldn’t discuss such things, ask questions, or delve deep into the topic. I’m just not a fan of spending so much effort in areas that have such unreliable benefit with an often heavy cost.
Listen, when you say stuff like "We don't know how the universe came to be, or even if it's a valid question. We don't know how life began. We don't know A LOT. And I'm ok with that." - this is not the statement of a man asking the questions. And if anyone is taking things too literally, it is you. You look at- for example- the story of Adam and Eve in the garden and you scoff. But what you fail to realize is the meaning behind this allegory. Adam and Eve eating the apple and suddenly realizing that they are naked refers to Man's coming into consciousness- from paradise with God, to falling into the world of strife and pain.
quote:
The pot reference was also a joke. Even so, I wouldn’t discount chemical assistance in this area. Human perception is dependent upon chemical reactions.
Chemical assistance with what? You're an atheist. Your lack of a belief system means that you believe life has no meaning. It's all just random. Everything was simply created out of nothing, and spontaneously so. Forgive me, but it's ridiculous. You don't need "chemical assistance" to ponder a nihilistic existence.

Posts: 107640 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I can't tell if I'm
tired, or just lazy
Picture of ggile
posted Hide Post
quote:

My questions:

I was brought up as a Catholic but left when I turned 18. I now consider myself a non-denominational Christian.

I do not attend any church as I feel that the majority of demoninations that profess to be "Christian" are actually false-Christian.

I acknowledge that other religions exist and that their religion is their means of filling the void in their search for God.

I utilize several Bibles along with the Strong Concordance. Like Para, I have several books by Joseph Campbell. I have several books on science and while I don't profess to understand alot of it like quantum physics or string theory, it does give me a glimpse into the complexity of a creation which only God could have created.

I believe that in the end, everyone, will know Jesus Christ and because God gave us free-will we will all have the opportunity to accept or reject Jesus Christ and be held responsible for our decision.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: ggile,

"The problems we face today exist because the people who work for a living are outnumbered by those who vote for a living."

"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety"
Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 2091 | Location: South Dakota-pheasant country | Registered: June 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
Christian. I was raised Dutch Reformed, and I would still go to those services, but I am not comfortable at most churches.

I will not attend/otherwise associate with a church which supports abortion. I cannot see any theological argument for that position, and have never been given such a defense, when requested.
I do not accept a church which takes positions, without having a defense of it.

However, I regularly go to some different Christian Men's Groups.

IMO, most "denominationalism" is rooted in positions which are not grounded in Scripture - Its really only Catholic/Orthodox vs. Protestant that seem to have a real, meaningful split.

I know "good people" who are of a variety of religions, but I reject their beliefs. It would be logically inconsistent to do otherwise.
One cannot be Hindu without, by definition, rejecting Christ. One cannot be Christian, without, by definition, rejecting Muhammed, etc.
As for Apologetics, and why to chose Christ, Ravi Zacharias and C.S. Lewis provide far better arguments than I ever could.

I read a great deal of Chesterton, and Lewis, and various concordances, along with the KJV and NKJV.

The Screwtape Letters was instrumental in me coming back to Christ.

Posts: 5741 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
This Jordan Peterson video is about the "Jungian concept of Circumambulation of the Self." I put this in quotes because I don't want to act as if I was familiar with this concept before Professor Peterson introduced it to me. This concept is germane to this conversation because it deals in great part with the pathway to enlightenment. If you're interested in this, you really should watch the entire video, but at the 10 minute mark, Peterson says "...part of the reason people don't become enlightened is because it's puncutated by intermittent deserts- essentially, by intermittent catastrophes, and if you don't know that, well then, you're basically screwed, because you go ahead on your movement forward and you collapse and you think 'well, that didn't work. I collapsed.', and it's like, no, that's par for the course. It's not indication that you've failed, it's just indication that it's really hard."

"punctuated by intermittent deserts"- I love that. Just before this part of the video, he's talking about the Book of Exodus and why the story of the Jews escaping bondage is structured as it is, hence the allusion to 'deserts'.

So, per Jung via Peterson, the pathway to enlightment is not linear. The path is not straight and easy, and if you fall back away from your goal, don't make the mistake of ceasing your quest because of discouragement. Not only should you not let such setbacks or stagnations discourage you, you should anticipate them, and take them as an indication that you are on the path, as paradoxical as that may seem.

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="408" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/H5KvIgvwbwQ" width="725"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

I live my life in growing orbits
that reach out over the things of the world.
Perhaps I can never achieve the last
but that will be my attempt.

I am circling around God, the ancient Tower,
and I have been circling for a thousand years.
And I still don't know if I am a falcon,
or a storm, or a great song.

--Ranier Maria Rilke

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I sincerely appreciate the responses. Right now I can't put the focus on responses that is needed. As soon as I can better focus and respond, I will. I look forward to learning more from each participant in the thread as well as each step on the journey.

Thanks! Smile

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fed161:
I am a Christian I believe in the bible. I do have one major problem with most Christian denominations. (This is not a complaint or anti-Christian bash. Just an explanation of my intellectual struggle.) If you are a Hindu or Buddhist or any other non-Christian faith and you lead an absolutely exemplary life, most Christian faiths believe you are doomed - because you never accepted Jesus Christ as your savior. I don't believe that. If you pin down many Christian leaders, they will say that is true. So you mean to tell me that if you are kind, decent, charitable, 100% faithful to your wife, and an all around first class person, you are doomed to burn in hell because you never accepted Jesus Christ as your savior? I don't buy that.

This is an interesting survey that you can take. You answer a series of questions about your beliefs. It tells you what religion is closest to your beliefs: https://www.beliefnet.com/ente...es/beliefomatic.aspx You may be surprised at the results if you take it.

I was surprised at my results, to say the least—-I grew up Catholic, became a United Methodist about 30 years ago, and the Belief-O-Matic says I should be an Orthodox Jew. Oy vey!

Posts: 4503 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I'm a Pantheist. A Pantheist is one who believes that the Universe in its totality is God.
quote:
No, although I was raised as a Catholic and attended Mass each Sunday, Catechism, the whole bit. But in my adult life, no.
quote:
All paths lead to God. It's not the vehicle. It's the transcendence which is the goal. The most important thing is to keep asking the questions. You'll never be able to divine the unfathomable mystery of our existence, but by meditating (don't let that word throw you into preconceived notions of the accepted definition) on these questions, one can manage to glimpse our true nature, which is that we are, in a sense, eternal. Therefore, I'm about as open-minded as one can be about the various, established religions. Whatever helps you achieve the yonder shore. Imagine religion as a small boat which you are paddling for years and years to get to the yonder shore, that shore being your transcendence. Now, once you get to that shore, would you carry the boat around on your back? When you go to a restaurant, do you eat the menu? There's your first thing to ponder. Wink You're on the right track. You're asking questions. Don't stop. Don't get discouraged.
quote:
Hoo boy. Let's see- The KJV Bible, the Bhagavad Gita, the Upanishads, the writings of Meister Eckhart, St. Thomas Aquinas and Joseph Campbell. You can include Quantum physics and String Theory as well (if I believe that the Universe in its totality is God, then these scientific theories are- in my opinion- required study). This is a serious answer to your question, but it may serve to confuse matters more than it helps you in your quest.
quote:
I think it's in the Upanishads where it speaks of all beings as being "different facets of the same radiant jewel." I try to employ that belief, but damn if it isn't nearly impossible in this world. The reality for me is that I suffer from the same failing as most people: In The Screwtape Letters, C.S. Lewis laments how people practicing a religious faith employ their beliefs on a macro level, then they ignore those religious tenets when dealing with their next door neighbor. It's not so much an hypocrisy as it is an innate human failing. When you can put your grand beliefs into action with all those whom you come in contact, you are on the path. Much easier said than done.

These are brief answers, when complex answers are called for, but I hope this helps you. Just keep asking the questions and keep searching for the answers. Don't stop, not until the day you die.

Oh, and if you get into a spot where you doubt the existence of God, look up two things: Leibniz's P.E.Q. - Primordial Existential Question; St. Thomas Aquinas' "Prime Mover".

In a teeny tiny little nutshell, the Primordial Existential Question is "Why does anything exist at all?" If there is no God, why is there any matter? Why is there time and space? Why does "the field" itself exist at all, even if it contained nothing?

And Aquinas' Prime Mover is who/whatever got the ball rolling. If one goes back far enough in time, something/someone got the ball rolling. God started the party. Again, these are extreme oversimplifications of these concepts, but this should get you going in the right direction.

This may be one of the greatest posts I have ever read on this forum or any other.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5911 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Who else?
Picture of Jager
posted Hide Post
My plan was to dodge this thread entirely. I didn't care to potentially get in an argument with anyone over my personal beliefs that serve me well.

I am Christian. Grew up Protestant. Baptist. Be good or be tortured and tormented for eternity. They showed us films about flying scorpions and dragons and erupting lava. Messed me up pretty bad. When asked, I tell people I am a recovering Baptist.

I've studied all major religions. Picked up their texts and read them. Each has some good takeaways, but nothing that makes me an adherent. Reject them all except for the King James version of the Bible, imperfect as it is. It's good enough for me. As others have stated, I respect every person's right to worship (or not) as they choose. I will not force my beliefs on others, nor will I allow them to do so to me.

Others who have never heard of Christianity or Jesus? Not just around the world, but prior to Jesus making the rounds? I asked that question in Sunday school as a child. I only remember an unsatisfactory or conflicting answer each time I asked. Pretty much they are damned if they do not accept Christ. I trust God has that covered otherwise.

I am spiritual, not religious. I do not attend church. Too many agendas.

I have prayed to Jesus to save me from demons - and he showed up. I have prayed to God in times of life and death and he has spoken to me. Twice. I have heard his voice. I have had the Holy Spirit take me during prayer and have known nothing better in my lifetime.

I have learned a few things here that have solidified my belief set. I have studied everything from ancient aliens, to Darwinism, to multitudes of theories until my head was ready to explode. I learned I must keep it simple to fulfill my purpose.

Day to day?

First, there is no Hell. That is a concoction conjured by men. From that vantage point, I do not fear physical death. Only spiritual death. This embodiment is meant to die. Our spirits aren't.

There was a war in the heavens. Lucifer and one third of the angels rebelled. God could have willed it and they would have ceased to exist. But what lesson was that to the remaining angels? Love God or be vanished? That's not the way He works.

Instead, God cast them down upon the earth.

The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.

This is Hell. You're standing in it.

God looked at the remaining angels and asked for volunteers. They would have their memories of Heaven purged - and would be born as men, in sin.

In Hell.

God asked each one that volunteered to do only two things.

Get home. And bring as many other angels with you as you can.

Some will get lost. Disoriented. Will be brought to their knees.

Be a light unto them. Lift them up with your experience, strength, faith and hope.

If you're here, you volunteered.

Dumbass.

To wander in Hell, surrounded by Lucifer and his demons. But it took conviction to raise your hand.

Hell is separation from God.

Nothing more, nothing less.

If you are wandering here as a former angel without Him, this is your Hell. If you walk with Him, you are simply fulfilling your promise and are on your journey home.

Don't believe you are an angelic spirit?

Do you think God created puny, fragile, simple humanoid forms to withstand the torment and temptation of Lucifer and his minions? After that whole Eden thing? Not a lot of optimism in how that would be a winning strategy.

Do not fail in your purpose.

You raised your hand.

If you accept Jesus and acknowledge your sin as a mortal and His sacrifice, you have agreed to the new covenant.

He volunteered, too.

It's love. It always has been.

Lastly, humans are consumed by fear. Fearful creatures we are. We struggle on every level to mitigate 100 forms of fear. Moreover, we struggle even harder to deny we are afraid.

Once I accepted my fears and turned them over to God, most of them fell away. I am never alone.

But do not forget you are, and every one of us here, is an angel on a mission.

We will likely all die with some trepidation or fear.

Just don't die without God.

Know his Son.

Get home.

Drag a few along with you if you are able.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Jager,

Posts: 2568 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: October 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I have read through this thread several times and it seems like each time I find a new thing to learn, ponder, or wonder about. For example, most if not all of the texts other than the various versions of the Bible are new to me, so there's something for me to dig into. The Bible that I have used in the past is the New Open Bible Study Edition NKJV. One of the things I like about it is the sections that explain the history at the time of the book. I would like to find something that details the history more deeply though.

For those who have studied various/many different religious texts and or religions, what drew you to or pushed you away from any particular one(s)? Was there something that gave you some sort of "ah ha!" moment?

I find it curious that religion has been something on my mind while not necessarily being on my mind recently. By that I mean that there has been a yearning for something, but I haven't yet figured out exactly what that something is. Given my upbringing and knowledge on the topic, I am at best a young child with what I have been exposed to. It's somewhat odd as a 48 year old man to understand that and the desire to reach out to others wanting a wide range of information.

I would like to hear more from people who have posted here as well as those who haven't. I am thankful for those who have had the courage to share their beliefs and appreciate that this has remained a civil discussion even if pointed or challenging questions and comments have been raised.

The subject of Transcendental Meditation is one I have wondered about in the past. I would like to learn more about it.

The videos posted have been well received. I will likely be digging into more of what Dr. Peterson has to offer.

One of the things I remember when I was attending church regularly in my 20s was that each Sunday it seemed like at some point during the sermon the pastor was speaking directly to me. I am having similar reactions to many posts in this thread. Sure, I asked questions and people have shared answers, but it's deeper than that. It is more as if each person is sharing something of themselves that specifically resonates within me in some way.

Something that I will need to figure out most rikki tik is how to find time to dig into the subject matter and give it the attention deserved and desired.

Posts: 3573 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post