Find
Notify
Tools

New Gas Range Login/Join 
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted
Looking for a new gas range.

Our 8 year old GE thinks it is permanently oven locked so the oven does not work. GE came multiple times to fix the problem and can't. So I have soured on GE.

Samsung was the brand that has what I am looking for. Does anyone have any experience with Samsung ranges?

Any other brand suggestions? I am looking at about 1K max cost for a standalone gas convection range. Standard 30" size.

Posts: 2716 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rexles
posted Hide Post
My GE range was new when I built my house 21yrs ago. All of my appliances were GE and my range is the only thing I have NOT replaced.
I have replaced the ignitor 3 times, but other than that all is well.
From what I understand all modern appliances are made to only last 8-10 yrs.
This include furnaces and hot water heaters.

NRA Life member
NRA Certified Instructor
"Our duty is to serve the mission, and if we're not doing that, then we have no right to call what we do service" Marcus Luttrell

Posts: 1113 | Location: Holland, OH | Registered: May 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by daikyu:
Looking for a new gas range.

Our 8 year old GE thinks it is permanently oven locked so the oven does not work. GE came multiple times to fix the problem and can't. So I have soured on GE.

Samsung was the brand that has what I am looking for. Does anyone have any experience with Samsung ranges?

Any other brand suggestions? I am looking at about 1K max cost for a standalone gas convection range. Standard 30" size.

If you think GE service is bad, get a Samsung and try to find service for it. Whirlpool/Kitchenaid/Maytag is what I'd be looking at.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a 10 yr old GE Profile dual fuel range. Gas burners and electric convection oven. Wife hates the oven. It never browns anything. Pizza comes out like dough. Bread doesnt get a nice crust on it. She has tried both with and without the convection fan. We have had several service calls. Nothing worked. She wants a new one, but we paid $1800 for this one and its worthless, so a new one is out of the question. I would stick with maytag or whirlpool, I guess.

Posts: 582 | Registered: September 30, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We have a Kenmore branded Frigidaire double oven gas range. While we have only had it a little over a year, it has been working well. The ovens are gas with one a convection oven and the other just gas. I need to get an oven thermometer in order to make sure the ovens are calibrated as it tends to brown very quickly.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
The Amana range I had when I first bought the house died about 2 years ago.
I wanted a convection oven and 5 or 6 burners, and found a couple Frigidaire models which fit the bill.
Best Buy had a sale on one of the models soon after, and I picked one up. Very happy with it.
Not so thrilled with Best Buy however. Took them 3 attempts to get me one that they hadn't dented in their warehouse. Like they couldn't understand the little pictograms on the side of the box showing "no clamp trucks".

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Joie de vivre
Picture of sig229-SAS
posted Hide Post
We have a Samsung gas range that has been flawless in 12 month's of daily usage. My wife especially likes it for proofing her bread dough in the oven.

Like any product, it's possible to get a dud but so far we are very happy with our choice.

Posts: 3852 | Location: 1,960' up in Murphy, NC | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Blue Star makes a very nice range.

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
The Samsung I saw at Costco locally was incredible.

If only ....

0:01

Posts: 4213 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post