SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Alternative to a Fitbit Alta
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Alternative to a Fitbit Alta Login/Join 
Picture of Pyker
posted
My wife's Fitbit finally 'bit' it. I'd like to get her a replacement. She's by no means a gym rat, she's an RN and the only things she really uses is the alerts, steps, and watch.

Recs?

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Why don’t you fix your little
problem and light this candle
Picture of redstone
posted Hide Post
I am enjoying my hybrid HR from Fossil . It gives me quick access to the weather, my steps, Heart Rate etc. The basics. It uses an e-ink screen and the watch hands are real (the hybrid part). I really like it. However, I love it for what it is, and some want it to be a full featured smartwatch like the Apple or the Samsung. I bought it because it had a real watch feel with the e-ink screen. By far my most successful 'smart watch' to date.

This business will get out of control. It will get out of control and we'll be lucky to live through it. -Rear Admiral (Lower Half) Joshua Painter Played by Senator Fred Thompson

Posts: 3659 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
I like my Garmin Vivoactive 3. With the Vivoactive 4 now on the market one can get the Vivoactive 3 for under $200.00 (Amazon price was $189.00.

Dave

Posts: 3567 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
If she has an iPhone, consider an Apple watch, best purchased from the "refurbished" section of the Apple website.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31385 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
FitBit Ionic. Have one on my wrist. Does everything including holding my music, Starbucks cards, etc.

Yes, the iWatch is a better watch as far as heart monitoring, but tracking your exercise I find the Apple isn’t as good as FitBit.

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pyker
posted Hide Post
Thanks!

Posts: 2763 | Location: Lake Country, Minnesota | Registered: September 06, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post