SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DST and RC clocks
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DST and RC clocks Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Apologizing for the thread drift here, I have a question:

On the night we switch DST on, do hourly workers on third shift get shorted an hour? And by the same token, do they get an "extra" -- overtime, perhaps -- hour when we change back in the fall?

I guess I never really thought about it before this evening.

When I worked 3rd (many years ago) what was counted was the hours worked. 1st came in early or 3rd stayed later (on forward days depending on staff requests) and in the fall they came in early to get the time in. Don't know what is done now but few complained.

I should be tall and rich too; That ain't gonna happen either

Posts: 358 | Location: NW NJ | Registered: December 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
My clock didn't get the signal Saturday night, so I set it in a much higher location (better signal was my plan) and sometime Sunday it did reset itself...

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sunset_Va:
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
Man, you guys are pretty serious about your time! I cranked the hands on my mechanical Seiko forward an hour when I woke up this morning. Smile

Another Seiko ran up an hour here.

Four more Seiko here.
This is one of those days I think I have too many watches. Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13864 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post