SIGforum
A huge thank you to Dave Truong and staff at Mimi's jewelry

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4490001054

November 26, 2018, 07:21 PM
Cliff
A huge thank you to Dave Truong and staff at Mimi's jewelry
I contacted Dave regarding a wedding ring for Mrs Cliff. Yeah, sounds ass backwords, but to make a long story short,we had to marry again because of a mistake I made back in the eighties. I talked to Dave, made a selection, and he made the ring,and had it out to me in a little bit over a month. I presented the ring to Sheila past weekend on her birthday in front of family and friends at a birthday dinner for her. Suffice to say it went over well, and many tears were shed.
Thank you Dave. Doing this for me is much appreciated. Working with Cat was great. I've said this before, the ring is beautiful, and she absolutely loved it. Family members were going, 'Daaaaaaaaaam!"

SF members,trust me when I say, you need/want jewelry,watches,etc for loved ones or even yourself, don't fuck around. Contact Dave. Here's the ring.

"All great things are simple, and many can be expressed in single words: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope."

--Sir Winston Churchill

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

--James Earl Jones

November 26, 2018, 07:23 PM
.38supersig
Daaaaaaaaaam!

Indeed!

November 26, 2018, 07:27 PM
dewhorse
Lovely ring, just to 2nd Cliff's thoughts I had Dave build a ring to my specs with a diamond I sent and it was perfect.

When I do the same in the future I will use Dave/ Mimi's.

Curious about the "mistake" but as I am on my 3rd marriage and 4th wedding I will not ask Wink
November 26, 2018, 07:29 PM
PD
WOW. Wicked nice
November 26, 2018, 07:30 PM
ersatzknarf
Beautiful ring, sir Big Grin

Congratulations!!!

November 26, 2018, 07:32 PM
charlie12
Congratulations to Sheila and Cliff it's a beautiful ring. And Dave is the man.

November 26, 2018, 07:36 PM
remsig
That ring is beautiful!
November 26, 2018, 07:42 PM
Skins2881
My bride sports a Mimi's ring, and gets nothing but compliments on it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
November 26, 2018, 07:44 PM
ChuckFinley
He's always delivered for me, on multiple transactions.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It may be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end, for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -- C.S. Lewis
November 26, 2018, 08:54 PM
OKCGene
Y'all don't realize how much great stuff David does. We're friends on Facebook and I get to see how many things he does for his community, he's extremely involved. His love for his family, friends, acquaintances, customers, knows no bounds.

A mighty fine man, husband, father and American.
November 26, 2018, 09:19 PM
armedmd
David has done some amazing work for me and my wife. I can't say enough good things about him. I hope he will someday take me up on my offer for a getaway here in Wild, Wonderful West Virginia!

Build a man a fire and keep him warm for a night, set a man on fire and keep him warm the rest of his life.
November 26, 2018, 10:41 PM
Spokane228
I never pass up a Dave thread.
November 27, 2018, 01:54 AM
blueye
Very nice. I had him do a ring for my wife from a diamond she inherited. We sat down with him and he came up with a very good design.
November 27, 2018, 08:02 AM
rsbolo
Beautiful ring Cliff!

Dave is The Man!

November 30, 2018, 10:51 AM
davetruong
Thank you again for allowing me to do this!

God, Family, Country.

November 30, 2018, 10:55 AM
Rey HRH
Very nice ring.

But you mean the guy in the Elvis suit didn't have a valid license to marry you and your wife???

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.
November 30, 2018, 11:32 AM
cheesegrits
Beautiful ring! I hope Mrs. Cliff wears it for many happy years.

quote:
Originally posted by Spokane228:
I never pass up a Dave thread.

Me either. Smile
November 30, 2018, 03:19 PM
Aeteocles
Don't fuck around. Contact Dave.
November 30, 2018, 03:56 PM
ffips
quote:
Originally posted by Aeteocles:
Don't fuck around. Contact Dave.

That would look great on billboards or in neon!! Big Grin
November 30, 2018, 08:15 PM
bald1
Congrats to Cliff and Sheila! And of course kudos to Dave. It's really gratifying to read of such situations involving fellow forumites. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192