SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "STOP Smelling Everything Honey" - Food Related
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"STOP Smelling Everything Honey" - Food Related Login/Join 
posted
I seem to hear this phrase at least once a day......Maybe it is because I am getting old but Ms. Sig stays on me constantly for smelling everything I take out of the frig/covert BEFORE I heat it up or eat it....She says I am contaminating the food I am smelling by sticking my nose over the opening but I prefer to learn if an item is on the verge of going bad or has gone bad BEFORE I put it in my mouth.

Am I alone here?

Posts: 3348 | Location: MS | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
So take a spoonful out of the container of food and smell that

Posts: 27183 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Be thankful you can smell, I can't, and it sometimes scares me. Something could look good, but then my wife smells it-- and it gets thrown away. Eek

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
If you you've routinely got some funky food in the fridge so close to spoilage you need to smell everything I'd suggest you:

1 - start tossing some of that shit instead of saving it, and;

2 - stop relying on your nose of the arbiter of what's good or not. If it's so far gone you have to get an intimate whiff fine, but it could be much less than ideal and not trigger your drug-dog nose senses.

Razz

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Just wait until she's out of the room, smell away, fer christ sakes it's not like you are sticking your finger in the food after licking it...

Posts: 24341 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
By order of my smokin' hot wife, nothing gets thrown away until it verifiably bad, damn an expiration date. lot's of smelling goes on

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
OHHHHH, I thought this was about Jill Biden talking to Joe.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What would Fido do?? As long as it is confined to food it is ok.

Posts: 17531 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
Unless you are blowing out, that makes no sense. Serve her some expired ham without smelling it.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17624 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
Huh. I smell everything and I’ve taught my kid to as well..
As long as you’re breathing in and not expelling air, it should be fine.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5506 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too clever by half
Picture of jigray3
posted Hide Post
I have my own shelf in the fridge. If my wife or daughter won’t eat it, it goes on my shelf and I eat it. Usually. This system developed because they are funny about food, and we were throwing away a lot of good food.

"We have a system that increasingly taxes work, and increasingly subsidizes non-work" - Milton Friedman

Posts: 10362 | Location: Richmond, VA | Registered: December 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Comic Relief
Picture of Eponym
posted Hide Post
quote:
"STOP Smelling Everything, Honey"
Fixed it for you.

I presume you live in the same house, breathe the same air, occasionally exchange bodily fluids.. and she's worried about you contaminating the food when you sniff it? Big Grin

Posts: 4822 | Location: Indianapolis, IN | Registered: September 28, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post