SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Gun snatched from Open Carrier - Fayetteville NC Wal-Mart
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gun snatched from Open Carrier - Fayetteville NC Wal-Mart Login/Join 
posted
Open Carriers - watch your sixes!

Not a fan of open carry personally but hate to see this happen.

--------------------------------------

Stolen gun at Walmart causes panic

http://www.fayobserver.com/new...walmart-causes-panic

An incident involving a stolen gun caused a commotion at Walmart on Skibo Road on Thursday afternoon.

About 3 p.m., Fayetteville police spokeswoman Asia Cannon said, inaccurate information based on radio scanner traffic began circulating about a shooting at the Walmart. Officers arrived and discovered that a man had grabbed a gun off another man who was open-carrying the weapon. The man who grabbed the gun then ran off.

During the incident, someone yelled out in the business about a gun, and a commotion broke out. Cannon said one Walmart employee was treated by emergency personnel for an asthma attack. No one else was injured.

Cannon said the man who stole the gun was last seen running toward Yadkin Road. The incident remains under investigation, and police are searching for the man. Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 483-TIPS (8477).

Monica Vendituoli

------------------------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Probably not a surprise that the open carry yahoo wasn't using a retention holster.

Posts: 2490 | Location: WI | Registered: December 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of olfuzzy
posted Hide Post
I was standing behind a man the other day in Walmart and was thinking how easy it would be. Nothing retaining it and he had both hands full.

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone who open carries is a complete certified asshole. These ninja dolt toothless wanna bees make themselves the very first target in any altercation. IDIOTS, but we must be thankful for them as they will draw fire from the rest of us.

Awake not woke

Posts: 569 | Location: Citrus Springs, Fl. | Registered: January 02, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 32538 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nosticks:
Anyone who open carries is a complete certified asshole. These ninja dolt toothless wanna bees make themselves the very first target in any altercation. IDIOTS, but we must be thankful for them as they will draw fire from the rest of us.

Well, America is a mighty big country, with a great many different environments.

While open carry in Atlanta might not be the best use of one's right to do so, in the "wild open country" of Montana, Wyoming, or Alaska, (and many other places), it is not so.

Broad brushes often slop paint where it should not be applied.

Same as "truck guns" and other things people choose to do.

Me, I have no trouble with someone carrying a firearm open, or any manner they choose (safely), it is not them, it is the scumbags that steal, and otherwise create trouble.

Them? I got a lotta problems with them.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43912 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SIG 229R
posted Hide Post
My grandson open carries all the time but his holster has retention built in. Like Sigmonkey I don't have any problem with others doing it and doing it right it's the scumbags I worry most about. Me I prefer concealed.

SigP229R
Harry Callahan "A man has got to know his limitations".
Teddy Roosevelt "Talk soft carry a big stick"
I Cor10: 13 "1611KJV"

Posts: 6066 | Registered: March 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just having a good time
Picture of ragman
posted Hide Post
I am not a fan of open carry either. The wal-mart where this took place is a super center hell hole. Wal-mart closes that store several times a year due to shootings,fights,shoplifting and cars broken into. At night the parking lot is safe for no one. Anyone would be crazy to open carry there. The smart move would be to stay the hell away from that store.

" I didn't fail the test,I just found 100 ways to do it wrong." - Benjamin Franklin

Posts: 1490 | Location: N. C. | Registered: November 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone who open carries is a complete certified asshole.

Anyone who makes a statement like this is a complete certified...

And ignorant.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17293 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
First open carrier I saw was a young woman in a crowded store with an XDs in that free holster that comes with it. I saw it and thought "Oh look, free gun."

Posts: 21115 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of Death
and Destruction
Picture of walker77
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flesheatingvirus:
quote:

And ignorant.

I would have to agree.

While I think open carry is not wise, its not my place to tell someone they cant.

Posts: 7401 | Location: Raymore, Missouri | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And ignorant.

Yep. Emotion talking = no good.

Q

Posts: 26443 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
Open carry in a crowded environment-- a city, a Walmart, a restaurant-- is stupid.

It's your gun so long as you retain and control it. If somebody snatches it, now it's his gun.

"First open carrier I saw was a young woman in a crowded store with an XDs in that free holster that comes with it. I saw it and thought "Oh look, free gun."

^^^ Yup, that's the truth of it.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11109 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And ignorant.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
Well, it’s Fayetteville. That’s problem numero uno. They don’t call it FayettNam for nothing...

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11449 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
Cannon said the man who stole the gun was last seen running toward Yadkin Road. The incident remains under investigation, and police are searching for the man. Anyone with information is asked to call Crimestoppers at 483-TIPS (8477).

No description of the perp that they are actively looking for and soliciting help with. Anyone want to take a guess on what that means?

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Page late and a dollar short
posted Hide Post
Irishman?

-------------------------------------——————
————————--Ignorance is a powerful tool if applied at the right time, even, usually, surpassing knowledge(E.J.Potter, A.K.A. The Michigan Madman)

Posts: 8119 | Location: Livingston County Michigan USA | Registered: August 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
Open carry an empty gun and CCW a loaded one. Smile

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10930 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of heisrizn
posted Hide Post
Had a friend there when this went down.

Oh, and I worked on Yadkin a stone's throw from, AHEM...GHETTOMART. As we natives affectionately refer to this store.

Used to drive 8 miles to go to a different store instead of walking to this one.

Posts: 1549 | Location: Fayetteville, NC | Registered: April 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
For real?
Picture of Chowser
posted Hide Post
Last time I was in Fayetteville we stopped at a mall. I saw lots of open carriers with no retention holsters and no situational awareness. To each their own. I kept mine concealed.

Not minority enough!

Posts: 8025 | Location: Cleveland, OH | Registered: August 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post