SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Jeff Beck passed away
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Jeff Beck passed away Login/Join 
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
If there were were such a thing, it would be a major disturbance in the force.
I was late to Jeff Beck's stuff but I was glad I found it.

Posts: 7361 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rick Lee
posted Hide Post
Glad I got to see him live twice. RIP. Total badass and legendary player. He looked pretty good for his age too.

Posts: 3541 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Man, I hate to hear this.
One of the greatest of all time.
RIP,I miss him already.

Posts: 22918 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Cause of death was bacterial meningitis. Sad.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I never got into or enjoyed his music, but the man was an absolute giant in the guitar world. The world is lessened by his passing.

Posts: 17161 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
That is SO SAD! He was the last guitar player i looked forward to newer releases, haven given up on some and seen others depart.

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12121 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
So many great Jeff Beck songs, especially those fusion albums of the 70's, but this is an earlier one that really get's me going.

I once saw a live version of this played in a studio, but after searching a ton, I just can't find it again.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38690 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rebut10
posted Hide Post
I saw him live in 1980. The best performance by a guitarist I ever experienced despite his being 2 hours late for the show.

Live free or die...
Don't tread on me...
Molon Labe...
Take your pick.

Posts: 1238 | Location: Not on Cape Cod. | Registered: December 24, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
He’s so awesome and will be so missed. Plenty of his stuff to listen to, but I chose this one because it was just ‘fun’ and his interaction with Dave at the end made me laugh out loud.

The woman playing with him has played with ‘everyone’ back in the 80’s and was one of Micheal Jackson’s touring guitarists.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12337 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have the original Yardbirds albums.

Posts: 17243 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
A good example of roots music for Beck and how versatile he was.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38690 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19584 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post