SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The World Keeps Not Ending
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The World Keeps Not Ending Login/Join 
I believe in the
principle of
Due Process
Picture of JALLEN
posted
Here is a refreshing, thought provoking but too lengthy to cut and paste here article.

National Review
Kevin Williamson

One paragraph tease....

quote:
When you look into the Abyss, the Abyss does not, contra Nietzsche, look into you. It certainly does not look into your voting record or your frantic, rage-inflected social-media posts. It doesn’t have any feelings about you one way or the other. You will not spend your last seconds on this earth, gasping in your death bed and terrified by what might come next, thinking: “Well, at least I put on a funny hat and screamed, ‘Go f*** yourself!’ at Ted Cruz.”

https://www.nationalreview.com...ld-keeps-not-ending/

Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me.

When you had the votes, we did things your way. Now, we have the votes and you will be doing things our way. This lesson in political reality from Lyndon B. Johnson

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible." - Justice Janice Rogers Brown

Posts: 48369 | Location: Texas hill country | Registered: July 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
If the world keeps on not ending how’re you gonna stop it?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9002 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
How many times now has the UN said we only have 10 years to get a handle on climate change? This has to be the third time, or more.

Posts: 28005 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good read.

Thanks for posting, JALLEN.

Blackhorse4

Posts: 88 | Location: North central Kentucky | Registered: October 30, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Well worth reading. Reminded me of the crazy 70's. We were going to freeze to death because a new ice age was about to start. Then it was starvation because agriculture wasn't keeping up with population growth worldwide. Then of course a nuclear holocaust was making every other threat irrelevant.

Today? There's Para's comet barreling down on us to look forward to. Big Grin

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post