SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The word field is now racist
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The word field is now racist Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
What? Some are reduced to being continuously offended. I can’t seem to pay attention to these folks.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15485 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
There is no right to not be offended. I ignore them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
I wish they'd just cut to the chase: "Whenever a White person exists, it's racist."

I found what you said riveting.

Posts: 10707 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Field is racist?

House must be REALLY bad!

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5481 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
So I guess we're supposed to call them practicum mice now ? Roll Eyes

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16524 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WaterburyBob:
So I guess we're supposed to call them practicum mice now ? Roll Eyes
I still call the ones that enter my house "field mice". (The cats like to play with them.)

flashguy

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
The last practicum mouse I dispatched with a practicum grade Browning A-5.

Posts: 7266 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The world 'field' is not racist and never has been, but racists always have been and always shall be racists. Even though they haven't a clue, it's the people at The University of Southern California's School of Social Work who are the racists, and it's as plain as day.

Posts: 107630 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
out standing in their field

Posts: 2782 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sse:
out standing in their field
I think they should stay there.

flashguy

My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
No work in the field no more,

Going to be Amway distributor.

Posts: 9159 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Can someone please tell me if "Fuck them" is racist?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37983 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Are we renaming movies yet? If the “f word” is racist…

Field of Dreams is now Ager Somnia.

Lilies of the Field is now Flores Pro Monialibus.

The Onion Field is now Cepa Practicum.

The Killing Fields is now SE Asia Massa Caedes.

Personally, I think Newspeak is great, even if something is lost in translation when retroactively bringing the past into congruence with the present and future.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31453 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The insanity has no bounds.

Posts: 6891 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
In this context, the word "area" is a direct replacement for "field". Area of study. Area of expertise. Research area.

Instead of using field to refer to area of expertise, why not just call it "area of expertise" rather than "practicum"?

Posts: 13049 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
These guys good
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story...0-left-fielders-ever

These guys bad
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story...-right-fielders-ever

And will "feeled" be sexist?

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6317 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
Pretty soon the products that were grown in said fields will be proscribed, so say goodbye to "cotton", "rice", "tobacco" and many others.

Truth: The New Hate Speech

Posts: 3450 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post