SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Chicago Memorial Day Weekend Sweepstakes: 34 shot, 8 killed (so far and we're only halfway through)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Memorial Day Weekend Sweepstakes: 34 shot, 8 killed (so far and we're only halfway through) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
So, I'm thinkin' this isn't all bad. Certainly when innocent people catch a bullet, there's nothing at which is good about it.

But, as long as thugs and gangbangers and all the rest of the human sludge which does nothing but pull down society are perforating each other, well, by God, I say more power to 'em! Let's see some records smashed to bits. Put 'em down before they procreate err procreate a lot err a whole lot. Roll Eyes

Yes, I know, this is far from an original though. Still...

bang, bang, bang

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107651 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Heyjackass is reporting 12 kilt and 29 wounded so far, as of 355am Sunday.

Link.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Chicago at its finest. Year to date
Shot & Killed: 227
Shot & Wounded: 860
Total Shot: 1084
Total Homicides: 245

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6487 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
But watch out blackfolk da kills you in Florida. :|

ARman

Posts: 3153 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure, I'm not a statistician but I'm thinking we had multiple mass shootings. Odd, I haven't heard nor seen much on the news about that?

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I tend to agree that thinning the herd of thugs in Chicago (or elsewhere) is not something I mourn. As long as the baddies are being killified and not innocents, I'm not too concerned.

Not a major news source, but this came to me in e-mail today: https://theredalertnews.com/alert-12-shot-3-dead/

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
A small step in the right direction.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18389 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Well it should be different around here this year, we have a new Mayor!
He has already sprung into action, he has mobilized 30 community activists to head to any problem areas ahead of the Police because the "folks" don't like the Police.
Things should be GREAT Now!

Posts: 4631 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
At least three big events coming up, the Dem Convention, the NASCAR street race and Lollapalooza. He better not screw up these events. The street race will be something else.
A comment on the article indicated first prize will be an Uzi.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
I have a super leftist beetlejuice supporting coworker who's son was shot in shitcago back a year or so ago while going to culinary school. He called her office every day to find out just what they planned to do about it as the perps robbed several more before caught. The shooter was involved in over 30 violent robberies.

The police then BLAMED his son for being shot over my coworker's harassment of the mayor.

My coworker is even more leftist than ever supporting the new idiot in charge of the third world shithole.

You can't ever understand the idiocy of a leftist.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34128 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
So, our brilliant Mayor decided that he wants to "re-imagine" Policing.
He's got "Peacekeepers" out on the street; praying, connecting with the youth, keeping the peace, keeping the shootings & homicides down, and if you ask me, it's going quite well ( Roll Eyes ).

Here's one of the Peacekeepers-

https://cwbchicago.com/2023/05...-little-village.html

Chicago is going to be a model city really, really soon! Ya'll gonna be jealous of this place, and want to live here! [/Sarcasm]

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Johnny 3eagles:
Heyjackass is reporting 12 kilt and 29 wounded so far, as of 355am Sunday.

Link.

Probably the BEST link for updates on our shitshow.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8354 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
I have a super leftist beetlejuice supporting coworker who's son was shot in shitcago back a year or so ago while going to culinary school. He called her office every day to find out just what they planned to do about it as the perps robbed several more before caught. The shooter was involved in over 30 violent robberies.

The police then BLAMED his son for being shot over my coworker's harassment of the mayor.

My coworker is even more leftist than ever supporting the new idiot in charge of the third world shithole.

You can't ever understand the idiocy of a leftist.

We, the Police as a whole and your regular beet cop NEVER blamed him. I know the case you're talking about. He is actually (and rather wisely) suing the Police and City of Chicago.

It only took a year to catch the Offenders.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2...dent-dakotah-earley/

https://abc7chicago.com/lincol...tah-earley/12790248/

posted Hide Post
Shot placement, don’t hold your pistols sideways, use the friggin’ sights, you’ll get a better kill ratio. So many, oh so little time.

“…If you’re lookin’ to get silly, you better go back to where you came. Because the cops don’t need you and man, they expect the same!” Bob Dylan. Handle your own BS neighborhood homies.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 71 TRUCK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Not sure, I'm not a statistician but I'm thinking we had multiple mass shootings. Odd, I haven't heard nor seen much on the news about that?

You will never hear about these types of shooting on an individual basis, you will only hear about the total false numbers when ever an anti firearm politician or activist is in front of a TV camera.

It's always "we need more gun control" coming from a politician in a city with some of the strictest gun control laws in the country.

The Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State

NRA Life Member

Posts: 2573 | Location: Central Florida, south of the mouse | Registered: March 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
My wife and daughter are taking the train up tomorrow as my daughter has an early Dr appt on Tuesday. The hospital is right across the street from the hotel.

Posts: 5626 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Shot placement, don’t hold your pistols sideways, use the friggin’ sights, you’ll get a better kill ratio. So many, oh so little time.

Hard to do when you have a 3D printed G-26 Lower, 33rd Magazine and a full auto switch. It's pretty much "spray and pray" shooting.

posted Hide Post
Boys need their fathers and a stable two parent home.

Silent

Posts: 1027 | Registered: February 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My wife and daughter are taking the train up tomorrow as my daughter has an early Dr appt on Tuesday. The hospital is right across the street from the hotel

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Should be fine just pay attention.

Posts: 17251 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-...or-johnsons-chicago/

43 Shot Friday into Monday Morning in Mayor Johnson’s Chicago

Forty-three people were shot in Chicago, nine of them fatally, Friday into Monday morning during Brandon Johnson’s (D) first Memorial Day weekend as mayor.

Breitbart News reported at least 12 people were shot, three fatally, Friday night into Saturday morning alone in Chicago.

By Saturday night at 8:19 p.m., the number of shooting victims had reached at least 21, with one additional fatality, according to ABC 7/Chicago Sun-Times.

On Monday morning, ABC 7/Chicago Sun-Times noted that the number of shooting victims had reached 43, with the total number of shooting fatalities climbing to nine.

One of the additional shooting fatalities was a 37-year-old man who was shot while standing on a sidewalk “in the 2300-block of West 18th Street” around 3:00 a.m. Saturday.

He was transported to a hospital and pronounced dead.

cont...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38693 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post