SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Quarterly bonus check and responsibility
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quarterly bonus check and responsibility Login/Join 
posted
Been a slower year so this is the first one this year.
It was a good amount and I had visions of a SCAR, a high end 308 target rifle, Mark 23 and so on.
What did I do with it? I paid off my car. Damn being responsible. Roll Eyes
I do have some left over so I'll probably get a case of 9mm and a case of 223.
Maybe next time.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
you're a smart man

good call on the ammo too

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Welcome to my life.

I get a yearly bonus and always have all kinds of plans that almost always fizzle out when I really think about being responsible with the money.

In the last 18 years of bonuses, the only things I've bought purely for want were an AR, a Benelli M2, and a large rolling toolbox.

It usually happens like this:

Boss: Thanks for another good year and all your contributions.

Me: (reads bonus letter). Whoo-Hoo,. I'm going to stock up on Ammo, get the 1911 i've been wanting, go car shopping tomorrow for a little nicer truck, set some aside for nice overseas vacation, and just put the rest in the bank.

Me two days later: Damn taxes, there goes 1/3 of that bonus, and you know what? I really need to max out my IRA contributions, and that roof is really due for replacement. Speaking of that.. how old is that fridge again, whoa.. bought that in 03, really should get a new one, etc, etc.

Posts: 751 | Location: Raleigh, NC | Registered: May 15, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of BlackTalonJHP
posted Hide Post
I don't see ammo prices going much lower so I think it's a good use of the leftover funds

Posts: 1103 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 18, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I sleep MUCH better when a car loan is paid off.

You did good.

Posts: 11995 | Location: Near Hooker Oklahoma, closer to Slapout Oklahoma | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
I paid off my car.
The savings from no car payment will pay for those guns in just a few months. Of course, it could just as well go into a savings or retirement account.

Posts: 28692 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Were I to ever get a bonus, I'd like to think I'd be responsible with it too. Big Grin

Posts: 33110 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by joatmonv:
Been a slower year so this is the first one this year.
It was a good amount and I had visions of a SCAR, a high end 308 target rifle, Mark 23 and so on.
What did I do with it? I paid off my car. Damn being responsible. Roll Eyes
I do have some left over so I'll probably get a case of 9mm and a case of 223.
Maybe next time.

Yup, pay off your debt first. No better feelings than getting that monkey off your back.

Q

Posts: 27627 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Having a paid off car is a good feeling!

My wife and I each drive paid off cars and it's nice.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
I feel ya, Brother.

At the moment, the only thing I have a payment on is the tractor and that'll be paid off in April. Truck, car, motorcycle and house are all paid off.

VISA is usually paid off every month, I'll be carrying a small balance until the end of the year. Trip to Michigan and wife's teeth put a bit of a load on it.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15528 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
quote:
I paid off my car.
The savings from no car payment will pay for those guns in just a few months. Of course, it could just as well go into a savings or retirement account.

I'm almost 52 years old and I think the $300 a month car payment is going in savings.
I have a while but I'm not getting any younger.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.weber.com/US/en/gr...tml?cgid=220#start=1

After the bank, I did treat myself to something I've been looking at for a bit. Smile
Was going to go Traeger but Wal-Mart had one marked down.
Ammunition will be tomorrow.

Picture of DEC505
posted Hide Post
What are these bonuses you speak of??

Hell has no fury like a liberal
confronted with reality

Posts: 814 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post