SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Passing of a forum member.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Passing of a forum member. Login/Join 
posted
I wanted to let you know of the passing of a longtime member on the forum. chp37 or Don if you knew him, passed last Thursday. He was a great guy and was very helpful to me as I was getting into SIGs and was new on the forum. He lived a couple hours away from me, but we met up a few times for some local transactions and gun talk. We texted on a regular basis, keeping each other up to date on our latest additions to our little collections. I had talked to him just last Monday and we were planning to meet again soon. His daughter texted me today that he had passed last Thursday. He was a true gentleman. Fair and honest in our dealings. And a real fan of the SIG marque. I didn't know him long, but considered him a friend. If you knew him or dealt with him, you understand. God Bless you Don.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: EUROFAN,

NRA Life Member/GOA Life Member

Posts: 137 | Location: Gainesville, FL.  | Registered: July 06, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest In Peace Don

Posts: 1608 | Registered: March 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
What is the
soup du jour?

posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences. RIP.

Posts: 2018 | Location: TX | Registered: October 28, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Tinyman
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your (our) loss -- prayers to all.

Stupid people are like glo-sticks.
I want to shake the shit out of them
till the light comes on

Posts: 315 | Location: Leeds, Alabama | Registered: August 28, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dsiets
posted Hide Post
Frown Prayers of Peace for Don and family.

Posts: 7372 | Location: MI | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
RIP Don!

Posts: 18047 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Rest in peace, Don.

Posts: 1704 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
RIP Don, I wish peace for your family! Lost a long time friend and customer today also, was shocked as the last time I was at his house, he looked as healthy as ever.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
God speed, Don.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
RIP. Very kind of you to let us know.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5336 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
eh-TEE-oh-clez
Picture of Aeteocles
posted Hide Post
RIP

Posts: 13051 | Location: Orange County, California | Registered: May 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
RIP my SF brother.

A nice story of your friend Eurofan. Thanks for sharing it.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19225 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
RIP and take heart that he is shooting on the great range of the beyond where ammo is plentiful and the weather always fair.

Prayers for all those he leaves behind.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7691 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Well drat.

These threads always make me a little sad.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12345 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
R.I.P.

It is always sad to lose a forum member.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36843 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
RIP

Posts: 3735 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. RIP.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
RIP Don

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7081 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's all part of
the adventure...
posted Hide Post
Very sad news...prayers for his family and friends.

Regards From Sunny Tucson,
SigFan

NRA Life - IDPA - USCCA - GOA - JPFO - ACLDN - SAF - AZCDL - ASA

"Faith isn't believing that God can; it's knowing that He will." (From a sign on a church in Nicholasville, Kentucky)

Posts: 1683 | Location: Tucson, Arizona | Registered: January 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear of his passing. RIP, Don.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38702 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post