SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Tonight, I observed somethings of motor vehicles..
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Tonight, I observed somethings of motor vehicles.. Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted
Concerning the whole line of various vehicles I see people driving, there are trucks, cars, vans and every shape, size and style of SUVs. I can determine what pretty much every catagory a particular vehicle fits into. Only place I have issues with are the SUVs. They can be a tiny little hatch back like Fiesta, a mid size more like 4 Runner or CRV, Chevy or Ford or more pricey, or the full size Suburban or huge Ford or Toyota, plus others. Every darn one of these is a spin off of the good old Station Wagon. You might be Billy Bad Ass in your Hemi powered Durango but you're still driving a Station Wagon.. Big Grin. Its a wagon, not a Van or a Car. Go see the '29 Ford Station Wagon. Hackney or Carry All they were called. Buick has a brand new Luxury Wagon which is a Station Wagon, by golly. I remember my parents having a 1973 Malibu Classic Station Wagon special ordered. It was a beauty. 350 Powered lead sled. So to me, all those SUVs I see, some shaped like a rocket ship are just Station Wagons. Savvy ?

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
H.O.F.I.S
posted Hide Post
Speaking of vehicles, how is your van doing?

"I'm sorry, did I break your concentration"?

Posts: 1513 | Location: Above water | Registered: September 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
The Sienna Van is doing good. I dont drive any long trips yet. I have 4,000 miles sinse I changed its oil and filter. Hoping Winter remains mild as it could use new rear tires. I remain very proud of this vehicle. Someone not happy with me scratched the clear coat all over one side. Guess you know I watch it much closer now. I have told quite a number of people about how I came to own the Van and I often tear up telling the story. Some folks have good to say and some could care less. It means a lot to me so I will always tell someone if they ask.

Posts: 17922 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
Shaggin wagon!

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11309 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
You can even get a Mercedes or Porche Station Wagon.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I love draggin' wagons!

Yeah, but if you wanna go get some groceries right now...

And a friend of mine running his lead sled wagon at 8.45 using my uncle's transmission.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Evil. 900 HP Wagon. Cool

Picture of maladat
posted Hide Post
If we're having station wagons, I'll take an Audi RS6 Avant.

https://www.caranddriver.com/n...6-avant-photos-info/

It's a 591 HP sports car with a reasonable back seat and some cargo space.

Posts: 6319 | Location: CA | Registered: January 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I’d stick the the Mercedes wagon...

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4031 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like my station wagon!

Like guns, Love Sigs

Posts: 1211 | Location: Battle Born | Registered: December 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Oh the Audi and MB wagons are beautiful. High end little rides. I think the Panamera can be had in a wagon format also.

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BadDogPSD:
I like my station wagon!
What kind of a wagon is yours ?

Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
The only issue I have with your statement is that you lumped a bunch of different vehicles into the SUV category.

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18027 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Yes indeed. Every SUV I see except maybe Jeep Wrangler or Hummer is quite like a Station Wagon in many ways. To see the scale of size vary so much yet all sporting the same basic features of a wagon. A very modern version yes but a wagon.

Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:

And a friend of mine running his lead sled wagon at 8.45 using my uncle's transmission.
[

Would that be a Lenco?

Posts: 1578 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:...
Would that be a Lenco?

Yes. Smile

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43926 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 28021 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
The development of the SUV was an unintended consequence of government regulations. I believe it was an extra tax on station wagons as they were gas guzzlers compared to other cars.

The first SUVs were built on Pick up truck frames which exempted them from the station wagon tax.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19721 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
We had a vehicle like a Trailblazer and the state registered it as a Wagon

Posts: 17903 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I grew up in the ugly wood panel type Griswald station wagons. I hated them as a kid. Now I see them at car shows and I love them. They bring back memories.

Posts: 255 | Registered: February 07, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post