SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    1990s and 2000s Rock
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

1990s and 2000s Rock Login/Join 
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
Talk show performances

Live Shows

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Each post crafted from
rich Corinthian leather
Picture of TheFrontRange
posted Hide Post
Child of the ‘80s (and love a lot of that era’s music) but the ‘90s are a favorite - SF never disappoints, this is a great thread!

"The sea was angry that day, my friends - like an old man trying to send back soup in a deli." - George Costanza

Posts: 6693 | Registered: September 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fonky Honky
Picture of wildheartedson0105
posted Hide Post
Great thread! These songs really take me back.

DonDraper, thanks for posting Mayonaise. Wonderful song that gets no airtime.

Don't back up, don't back down.

Posts: 3413 | Location: Badger, Badger, Badger! | Registered: October 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No Cranberries yet? And screw that re-make, THIS is "Zombie".

Posts: 482 | Registered: February 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Perry:
No Cranberries yet? And screw that re-make, THIS is "Zombie".

Agreed. But…

Dolores was supposed to be part of the remake and she died shortly before she had the opportunity to sing her lines. I liked Bad Wolves version, and folks may or not know that Bad Wolves donated $250k to her children.

Interesting piece of trivia. The lead singer, Tommy Vext (who sang the band’s version of Zombie), was drummed out of the band that he co-founded..for among other things, being a Trump supporter.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
I’m going to join in. I turned off the radio in 1990 so I don’t know most of this stuff already posted. Here are a few tunes that I enjoyed from the 1990s. I’ll keep it light to stick with the theme.

Becoming X is a really great album. They remade a song from The Wicker Man (the one where Willow tried to tempt sergeant Howie).

I probably listened to this album a million times. I saw Suzanne Vega on the tour for this album.

While Ministry started me on my industrial music journey, NIN’s first album was a huge influence. I never really liked any of Trent’s other stuff but I saw NIN twice on this tour. Once before they got huge and once after. The show was the same set list except they added “Get Down, Make Love” by Queen the second time.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I‘m to dumb to embed a YouTube vid, never mind this post Confused

Posts: 739 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KLGUY:
Right click on the video, then click "copy embed code". Then, click "Reply" here, and either click the icon on the post toolbar, second from right and you'll get this: <[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]> , or simply type out that text manually - without the carets (little arrows)- at each end. In between the two boxes, place your cursor, right click and choose "paste". This will paste the embed code. Hit "Post Now".

Or, just provide me a link to the video you want to post, and I'll demonstrate.

Posts: 107583 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by KLGUY:

Here you go, my friend.

Just paste the YouTube link into the space here; then copy/paste the updated link into your post here. Don’t use any of the ‘tools’ from the toolbar above.

https://imaginekitty.com/tubinator.php

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Wow,that was easy, thanks!

Posts: 739 | Location: Germany | Registered: August 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4986 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:

This was from their 93 Metro-Chicago Show I mentioned earlier. By far the most anticipated song of the concert.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:
Originally posted by wildheartedson0105:

This was from their 93 Metro-Chicago Show I mentioned earlier. By far the most anticipated song of the concert.

Oh wow you were at that show?! The whole show is on youtube, it's fantastic (and sounds fantastic) if you are a fan of their first two albums.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2268 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ducatista
Picture of rainman64
posted Hide Post
Great thread!
But also looking at this thread, a lot of performers have passed.

Reminders of good times past.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: April 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I do not make the laws,
I balance the scales
Picture of RiCoShea
posted Hide Post

The dead cannot cry out for justice; it is a duty of the living to do so for them. -
Lois McMaster Bujold

"Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance."
--Sam Brown

Posts: 395 | Location: On the corner of "No" and "Where" | Registered: October 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Does anyone remember Talk Show? It was Stone Temple Pilots with a better singer:

I never could get into STP but Talk Show is just awesome.

Posts: 45374 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rainman64:
Great thread!
But also looking at this thread, a lot of performers have passed.

Reminders of good times past.

Couple more.

Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
I spent a bit of time listening to a few of the videos posted. I gotta say that Johnnette Napolitano’s perf in that live version of “Joey,” absolutely blew me away; she should, or should’ve, been better known.

Posts: 13258 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post