SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone else have in a "Mixed Marriage"? Red/Blue
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone else have in a "Mixed Marriage"? Red/Blue Login/Join 
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
about the Washington State voters pamphlet coming out in a few weeks...

You should have told her to send you several cases of the pamphlets and you would be happy to distribute them to the appropriate places.

Posts: 8911 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
No, my wife and I are politically compatible. My folks weren’t. Mom was Democrat and dad Republican. It’s actually the only thing I remember them fighting about.

Our daughter and son are both pretty liberal. I don’t talk politics with either one of them. My wife will, from time-to-time.

Posts: 13600 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Orive 8
posted Hide Post
quote:
Anyone else have in a "Mixed Marriage"? Red/Blue

Hell no! And my wife constantly reminds me that she voted Republican before I did (she's 16 months older than me Wink)

Life is too short to surround yourself with Lee-Bore-Als!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Posts: 1919 | Location: Collier Twp, PA | Registered: June 08, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
My wife is pretty apolitical but leans right.
If she was a hard core lib - I could not live with that ... at all!

Posts: 23227 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Both of us are red in my house. The first ten years of our marriage, it seemed my wife wouldn't stop ten minutes to watch the news/ current events and then would want me to give her the cliff notes version of any world event. That changed when W got in office, the kids didn't require our every spare moment, and she started working in a very political state agency. After having survived two terms of Zippy and that circus, she is full bore conservative.
She watches Bongino's podcasts and every Trump event we have time for. I wouldn't want to deal with a liberal wife.

Posts: 3649 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
no. we are both conservatives. can't imagine it any other way.

i don't mind people who have different opinions.

problem is today's Ds are so rabidly anti-American / leftist I don't hold out much hope for them

--------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Kind of. My wife is apolitical and doesn't like Trump, gets her news from BBC and CNN. If you asked her she might say she a democrat, doesn't matter since she doesn't vote.

The odd thing about it is that, if you have a conversation with her, most all of her viewpoints are conservative with streaks of liberal in it. She averages on middle of the road but might take the right position on some things. Namely fiscal responsibility, guns, and limited government. She can be a walking contradiction at times where she will believe stuff from both sides. She's not dead set on much and will change her opinion with new information or a good argument.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 21150 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
SIG's 'n Surefires
Picture of M-11
posted Hide Post
^^^^ This for me, too, except SWMBO will vote. The kids and I are staunch Republicans. Daughter doesn't always like the way the President says things (Twitter, etc) but agrees with what it is and that it gets done.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas

Posts: 6880 | Location: IL, due south of the Arch | Registered: April 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
We both think Trump is an asshole but we both love his policies and follow through. The way he shows the world the idiocy of the left, enacting shitty policies because it makes people feel good. He will point at them and say that's stupid, here's why. They call him names and he gives them the middle finger. All of my life I have watched republicans cower and hide the moment a race card is brought out. Not Trump

This man is who we needed at this time, he was already prepared for this job from his life in business. All of this crap rolls off of his back. Have you all noticed how much Presidents age in their first term? Not Trump. It takes a special person to not crumble under the pressure this man has on him 24/7

I'm sure Trump and I could not be buds, these rich folk are weird and quirky. Their minds don't work like mine

My formerly conservative mother is another story, ugh. We don't talk politics, I refuse

Posts: 5560 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
So, long ago, I was in a seriously dating a "disenchanted" conservative democrat. We, mostly, got along - I kept trying to get her to face that she was really a libertarian - but

A) She could not resist the "cult of personality" around the leftists/against Trump - there's something really odd there. It was IMPORTANT to her to be part of that narrative.

B) There's something inherently broken, and immoral, about folks who believe in robbing Peter to pay Paul. The Democrats do more of that, than the GOP, but its as morally broken as slavery, and comes from a similar place. If your spouse thinks she's entitled to the labor/capital of strangers, I do not think she could form a healthy relationship.

Posts: 5930 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Low Country, SC. | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does Republican vs Tory count as mixed? the only dem in our house is our 15 yr old, who is being more rebellious instead of well thought out in her leanings. even our 4 yr old has a grasp about what is what. he sees Biden and thinks he's going to die soon. that does not come from us. the Chris Cuomo is an idiot statement does come from our mouths to his though Smile

There is something good and motherly about Washington, the grand old benevolent National Asylum for the helpless.
- Mark Twain The Gilded Age

#CNNblackmail #CNNmemewar

Posts: 706 | Location: Seacoast in USA | Registered: September 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
You’re a better man than me, no way I would put up with that. I can’t stand being around liberal relatives there is no way I could live with a women who is liberal. Joe Biden has already said he’s going to take AR’s and high capacity magazines.

Posts: 1784 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Christ, Bob, that would drive me batty.

My wife was "blue" when we were first married. She is no longer. In fact she's as red as I, if not more so.

Both of us are of the opinion that Trump can be bit of an assclown on occasion, but he's doing a good job, overall, and he's getting a very bad shake from the dominant "news" media.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by john crusher:
My wife is Liberal. I am leaving her next Spring, she's unaware of this. I can't deal with it anymore. 2nd marriage for us both , but it is what it is.

That's what I call planning ahead! Eek

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12708 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
My mother and father are political polar opposites. It made for some very interesting and heated dinner conversations growing up. Thankfully, my wife and I are fairly likeminded politically although that wasn’t always the case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21238 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Long term ammoholic
Picture of gunnutty
posted Hide Post
Can't imagine living with that kind of division. My wife was extremely conservative when we met. She bought me a Colt 1911 made in 1936 as a first gift. Both of our sons are extremely conservative as well. Sure makes for a peaceful family get together.

Posts: 671 | Location: North Central Arkansas | Registered: February 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
bob ramberg, I’m really sorry for your troubles.

It brings to mind a response that the late great Gordon Baxter published to a young pilot who wrote saying that his wife wouldn’t fly with him and didn’t support his habit. Bax was succinct: “My first wife was like that.”

Posts: 7100 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
My wife was generally liberal in her thinking, but she was also completely apolitical and never bothered voting. I think her beliefs were largely motivated by a pro-choice position with little thought to other significant issues of economics and liberty.

The pandemic and the riots have changed everything. I registered her as a Republican this year and she is excited to vote for the first time - for Trump!

Posts: 6084 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
The pandemic and the riots have changed everything. I registered her as a Republican this year and she is excited to vote for the first time - for Trump!

Good man!!!

Posts: 7100 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:

Good man!!!

I’ll second that!!

Posts: 3535 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post