SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Two Candidates for the Upcoming Gubernatorial Election in Florida
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two Candidates for the Upcoming Gubernatorial Election in Florida Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Chris King, Democrat: "Enough is enough. For too long, Florida’s political leaders have not had the political courage to oppose the NRA. Chris won’t take a dime of their money, and he called for a ban on assault weapons on the first day of his campaign. He’ll challenge the legislature to pass universal background checks on all gun sales—both public and private"

Adam Putnam, Republican: "Adam believes the Second Amendment is an inalienable right. He is committed to defending that right from progressive liberals. As Commissioner of Agriculture, Adam expanded the state’s concealed weapon license program so it is now the largest in the country. He expedited over 75,000 Florida concealed weapon license applications for active military members and veterans. He believes if you carried a gun in Iraq, you should be able to own one at home."

In Florida, CWP (concealed weapon permits) are issued / managed by the Department of Agriculture. Mr. Putnam is currently the state's Secretary of Agriculture -- I have his "autograph" in my wallet, on my carry permit.

Edited to correct my error. Mr. Putnam is Republican, not Democrat.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: V-Tail,

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30698 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
I was out in California over the weekend and you couldn’t turn on the TV without an ad from some commie bashing the NRA. But, who can blame them, they can’t run on anything else because their platform is an abstract failure on all other levels.

King would fit in well in California politics.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37117 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I was out in California over the weekend and you couldn’t turn on the TV without an ad from some commie bashing the NRA.
With my hearing loss, it is just plain aggravating to try to understand anything on TV so I have not watched anything at all for years.

My wife has the morning news on every day while she is getting ready for work. I happened to pass by just as one of King's campaign ads was on. I had never heard of the guy (didn't need to, Adam Putnam will have my vote), I glanced at the screen and saw bullet points (pun?) of some of his campaign platform: ban "Assault Rifles" (aren't true Assault Rifles already banned other than for NFA tax stamp holders?), purchase age to 21, universal background checks . . . all the usual bullshit.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30698 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Chris King, Democrat: "Enough is enough.

Adam Putnam, Democrat: "Adam believes the Second Amendment is an inalienable right.

Adam Putnam is running as a Democrat??????

quote:

Mr. Putnam is currently the state's Secretary of Agriculture -- I have his "autograph" in my wallet, on my carry permit.

I still think having "Charles Bronson" on my CWP was cooler.

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4878 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DrDan:

Yep

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9695 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Striker in waiting
Picture of BurtonRW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MikeGLI:
quote:

Yep

Those were the days...

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A

Posts: 16270 | Location: Maryland, AA Co. | Registered: March 16, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
Chris King, Democrat: "Enough is enough.

Adam Putnam, Democrat: "Adam believes the Second Amendment is an inalienable right.

Adam Putnam is running as a Democrat??????
quote:

Mr. Putnam is currently the state's Secretary of Agriculture -- I have his "autograph" in my wallet, on my carry permit.
OOPS! Senior moment / brain fart. Of course, Mr. Putnam is a Republican! I'll go back and edit, to correct this.

I had Charles Bronson on my original permit, too. When I got the renewal I asked if I could keep the original (expired) as a souvenir. The guy kind of gave me a funny look; I explained that I wanted to keep Charles Bronson's autograph.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Yes sir, I've known Adam on a personal level for several years, and will be enthusiastically voting for him this fall and encouraging everyone I know to do so as well. He's an individual who knows how to work, and doesn't view dirty hands and sweaty clothes as something to avoid. He's a good man who should make a great governor.

On a side note, I told Adam at a meeting a year or so ago how much I enjoyed having "Charles Bronson" on my CCL in the past. He laughed and told me he'd heard that same comment from many people he'd encountered, after which we discussed what firearms each other carry every day. Smile

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I met Adam a few weeks ago at a convention. He took a moment to speak with everyone in the room as he could. Then they did a round table of sorts with people asking questions and he answered along with a constitutional law attorney. It was quite interesting and I think he did a great job.

I will note that I think this was a shine up for later speaking engagements. They seemed to usher a reporter type out of the event under some protest. He got canned, threw attitude, snuck back in and got canned again.

Adam did a great job and will get my vote 100%

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5133 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I believe Florida has the highest number of CCW permit holders, something like 1.5 million voters. So, Putnam should be a clear win.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chilihead and Barbeque Aficionado
Picture of 2Adefender
posted Hide Post
There is no doubt in my mind who will get my vote...Adam Putnam!

The commercials for the Dem candidates are nauseating.

The Second Amendment is not about hunting or sport shooting.

Posts: 10491 | Location: FL | Registered: December 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jljones:
I was out in California over the weekend .

You lost a bet?

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15901 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post