Go ![]() | New ![]() | Find ![]() | Notify ![]() | Tools ![]() | Reply ![]() | |
| Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated ![]() |
Very nice looking meal. What is the side dish? And great protection too! "Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am." looking forward to 4 years of TRUMP! | |||
|
Truth Seeker![]() |
#1 there is nothing better than a home grown tomato. #2 there is nothing better than a homemade BLT! I am so envious! NRA Benefactor Life Member | |||
|
McNoob![]() |
Red potato salad, and macaroni salad. "We've done four already, but now we're steady..." | |||
|
| Member |
I love BLTs; so refeshing. I put honey mustard on it instead of mayo. Let all Men know thee, but no man know thee thoroughly: Men freely ford that see the shallows. Benjamin Franklin | |||
|
| Animis Opibusque Parati |
I wish you luck. The OP lives at elevation in Colorado and it's much easier to grow heirloom tomatoes there than the south. Our longer, hotter, and more humid summers mean more pests and more diseases. The South is the primary reason we have delicious hybrid (traditional crossbreeding not genetic engineering) tomatoes that have more disease resistance leading to more abundant harvests. I say go for it on the Red Beefsteak Heirloom tomatoes like the OP, but you may want to hedge your bet by planting 50% beefsteak heirloom and 50% F1 hybrid beefsteak. So many seed companies are from the north, but two southern seed companies I like: Wow that is some good information! I will definitely take heed to this advice when I am planning my spring garden. Thanks! "Prepared in mind and resources" | |||
|
Down the Rabbit Hole![]() |
I love a good BLT. We are fortunate to have good neighbors. They keep us supplied with fresh tomatoes and we keep them supplied with Megatron jalapeño peppers. Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas "People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- George Orwell | |||
|
| Member |
I cooked a pound of bacon yesterday. I baked it in an oven. I had never done that before. This is my go-to way from now on. It was perfectly cooked, less greasy, and had easy cleanup. Parchment paper was the trick. A layer of foil, a piece of parchment paper over that, and good to go. | |||
|
Member![]() |
Lots of good forgotten sammies. Started at BLT, yum, but the rest of the video makes me just as hungry | |||
|
Ammoholic![]() |
Keep eating tomatoes. I feel like I'm eating healthy because of all these tomatoes I'm eating. Jesse Sic Semper Tyrannis | |||
|
| Rumors of my death are greatly exaggerated ![]() |
Nice work! I made a monster killer one myself yesterday. Gotta enjoy the bounty while they are plentiful and in season. "Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am." looking forward to 4 years of TRUMP! | |||
|
| Staring back from the abyss |
Unfortunately, my plant only produced two maters this year for some reason, but both of them are beauties. One pound each and my oh my do they taste good. Just look at the meat on that bad boy. My version. ________________________________________________________ It is long past time for a Convention of States. The Founding Fathers gave us this tool to fix an out of control government and we need to use it. | |||
|
| Member |
^^^^^That right there looks delicious, bravo ! | |||
|
| Powered by Social Strata | Page 1 2 3 |
| Please Wait. Your request is being processed... |
|

