SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone going to the Oaks Gun Show?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone going to the Oaks Gun Show? Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted
March 23-25th

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8399 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fool for the City
Picture of MRMATT
posted Hide Post
Is that the Oaks that's off of rt. 422?

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5295 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Have gone to several there. Did you have a question about the show, or curious about something else?

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2019 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes we are going and yes off the 422. Great 2-1/2 day show. The March show is spread over three halls and includes antique and militaria in the third hall. Militaria includes WWII re-enactment guys and their equipment, vehicles and weapons. Lots of fun, good deals and we generally meet friends there. Definitely not your average show...

Posts: 916 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Constable
posted Hide Post
FWIW Dept.

I visit my Mom in NJ basically every 7-8 months.

My trips are scheduled to coincide with the Oaks Shows if possible. I think it's a great show.

Especially for the east coast!

Posts: 7074 | Location: Craig, MT | Registered: December 17, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Pizza Bob
posted Hide Post
Just FYI: There is also an IDPA match at Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club on the 24th. I am posting this because it is very close to the Oaks show. At the bottom of the 422 ramp turn right for LPRGC instead of left for the Oaks show - club is on the left about a mile from the ramp.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

NRA Benefactor Member

Posts: 1451 | Location: Central NJ | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
If I go to a gun show, Oaks is it. Went for the last Christmas one. Not planning on going to this one. They usually have one over the summer. I might go to that.

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRMATT:
Is that the Oaks that's off of rt. 422?

Yes, I'm sure that's what the OP was referring to.

I used to go from way back when this show was crammed into the Valley Forge Convention Center and it was really good back in those days. Back then it was a really nice selection and prices were good, I scored a new SIG Pro there for like $300

It's a much nicer and larger venue in Oaks but the past couple of times I've been there I was shocked at the absolute junk that was for sale for premium prices. Between the long lines to get in, the door "fee" of 15 bucks just to get inside and the prices, I've pretty much given up on the show.

I get the impression that this is a lot of smaller dealers and gun sellers who like to see what suckers they can snag at these shows for $400 Mosin Nagant rifles and $20-$25/50 round boxes of FMJ 9mm

Posts: 33882 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Yes off Rt422 outside of Philly/Valley Forge.
Anyhow I'll be taking a table selling some medical equipment some NcStar/VISM and CRKT Knives.
Stop by and say hello!
tommy p

sorry I have been traveling and missed a few days...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8399 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post