SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    How best to clean and re-paint automobile wheel covers?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

How best to clean and re-paint automobile wheel covers? Login/Join 
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
From my days working at Saturn, the XE's had steel wheels with plastic hub caps. The uplevel XR's had Alloy Wheels.

Posts: 1352 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris17404:
They are most definitely plastic wheel covers, not alloy wheels.

Honestly, I wouldn't have questioned it except that you can clearly see the front Brake Caliper in that pic...And you can actually look through the front wheel between the bottom two spokes. You can see the light reflection on the floor/turntable behind the wheel, as well as the barrel of the wheel in that picture.

The Wally World link provided above, confirms that the Aura came with Wheel Covers that look just like that though...

IIRC that generation Malibu/Aura used a spoked steel wheel with caps, instead of the more solid design.

I stand corrected... Wink

Just to be consistent, using Wally World as the source for reconditioned OEM Parts, apparently GM did see fit to put 5-Spoke steel wheels on a car w/ hubcaps!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/17-...aturn-Aura/345719239

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8945 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post