SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Our local fish hatchery here in Oregon
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Our local fish hatchery here in Oregon Login/Join 
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted
These are rearing ponds full of chinook, steelhead and trout. we have several huge fires going on in here in Oregon. here is a video of the biologist going into the hatchery to release the fish into the McKenzie river. this is only about 20 miles from where I live. The smoke and ash is so bad you cant walk outside for very long. We have complete towns up this river wiped out. Blue River is one of them. Frown

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...XnQ&feature=youtu.be

Posts: 5602 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thinking of you and everyone else down there my man. I'm in PDX and it's thick with smoke...not from ANTIFA for once, who thought that would be a blessing?> LOL

Posts: 1925 | Location: Pacific Northwet | Registered: August 01, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Kuisis
posted Hide Post
My friend live in Prospect, pretty close to Crater Lake. He is close to leaving.

Posts: 1129 | Location: Washington PA | Registered: November 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
XLT,
If you need to we can make space for you here. we don't have fires here in Boardman. The wildfires that were around us have burned themselves out or been put out by fire crews.

We are about five hours from you (maybe more) as we are 2.5 hours due east of Portland.

Dave

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Don't Panic
Picture of joel9507
posted Hide Post
That was intense.

Hats off to the hatchery folks who cared enough to go in and take care that their fish had a chance to survive.

Hope the fires there and elsewhere come under control soon.

Posts: 15035 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: October 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quit staring at my wife's Butt
Picture of XLT
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:
XLT,
If you need to we can make space for you here. we don't have fires here in Boardman. The wildfires that were around us have burned themselves out or been put out by fire crews.

We are about five hours from you (maybe more) as we are 2.5 hours due east of Portland.

Dave

Thank you so much for your offer, but I think we will be O.K. the fire is far enough away and it would have to go thru Springfield and Glenwood first to get to us.

Ray

Posts: 5602 | Registered: February 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The Elderado fire near Yucaipa, Ca.
Had my almost s.i.l. evacuated .

The fire fighters saved all seven homes on her street, but any and all landscape cover and trees are burnt.

She and her son spent five hours loading the 5th wheel camper ,before they gave the order to scram.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54681 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've been following (and smelling) the fires down in Oregon and on the east side of WA. This fire season has been brutal. Best wishes for you and your family (and your property as well).

-MG

Posts: 2006 | Location: The commie, rainy side of WA | Registered: April 19, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Husband, Father, Aggie,
all around good guy!
Picture of HK Ag
posted Hide Post
Man as if Oregon didnt have enough bad going for it already, BLM riots, Antifa losers, granola women, now its burning up?!

Feel bad for all the good folks still living in Oregon, God's grace to yall!

Posts: 3505 | Location: Tomball, Texas | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post