SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Ear buds and headsets -- who's got the knowledge?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Ear buds and headsets -- who's got the knowledge? Login/Join 
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Okay... I'm tempted now to bite the Bluetooth bullet.

I'm doing some treadmill time, trying to shape up and lose some fat. Too many times now I've pulled the headphone cord out of the port on the treadmill, or pulled the buds out of my ear, by getting too far from the panel. I'm constantly getting the cord caught in the weed trimmer handle when out mowing. Ive accepted that it's time to get free of the cord.

So now I'll reverse my previous statement, and say, "I'm ready to look at wireless buds. Whatcha like?"

- - -

Edit: Crap. I just realized that with cordless buds I can't plug into the treadmill at the gym and listen to the TVs on the wall. (That was "yuge" tonight, watching the last of the Kavanaugh testimony.)

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of craigcpa
posted Hide Post
Been recommended prior: Apple AirPods.

Spendy, but damn well worth it. Nothing comes close. My Taotronics were nice, but didn't last with sweat. Don't waste your money. Buy once...

==========================================
Just my 2¢

Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right ♫♫♫

Posts: 7731 | Location: Raleighwood | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
I have Bose Soundsport Pulse connected buds, but the Bluetooth connection has been unreliable. Can't recommend them at this point.

Posts: 18069 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have had excellent results with Bose, both the Soundsport where the buds are connected together with a cord and the Soundsport Free which are individual buds, and I use the hell out of them.

Jaybird also makes some really good stuff...

Posts: 2551 | Location: Troy, MI | Registered: October 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good enough is neither
good, nor enough
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sprg03-A3:
I have had excellent results with Bose, both the Soundsport where the buds are connected together with a cord and the Soundsport Free which are individual buds, and I use the hell out of them.

Jaybird also makes some really good stuff...

I love my Bose sound sport as well. Use the all the time, but I am hearing nothing but great things about the Apple AirPods.

There are 3 kinds of people, those that understand numbers and those that don't.

Posts: 2034 | Location: Liberty, MO | Registered: November 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of henryaz
posted Hide Post

For bluetooth headphones, I got the BeoPlay H4 set, from Bang & Olufsen. They have an amazing sound and work very well with Bluetooth. I originally bought them to use with the Apple TV, but now use them with several other devices (MBP, iPod Touch, desktop Mac). There is a clunky mic built in, and I wouldn't want to try and use that for phone calls, but for pure sound enjoyment, they are great. They claim 19 hours of use on the battery, but I've never stretched it out that far.

Posts: 10786 | Location: South Congress AZ | Registered: May 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chip away the stone
Picture of rusbro
posted Hide Post
I very recently received iPods from another forum member via a generous instant karma. They're fantastic.

Posts: 11597 | Registered: August 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I have Beats urBeats3 for both my iPhone (personal) and Samsung Galaxy (work). I use the ones for the iPhone at the gym and the ones for Samsung on conference calls and training sessions. The sound quality is good for both music and calls. They include different size ear tips as well as wingtips which really hold them in the ear. Worth the $60 I spent on each pair.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
Sixty bucks seems reasonable. I'll take a look at those.
I'll admit I'm a Bose fan, but Bose is expensive!

God bless America.

Posts: 13503 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
silence is acceptance
Picture of birddog1
posted Hide Post
I think you’ll like them the Beats. I also bought my wife a set and she loves them. I’m always leery about using something like this for business especially with VP’s on the call but I tested them out by calling my wife a few times and they have been flawless.

Posts: 2338 | Location: Massillon, OH | Registered: January 22, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post