SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My sister is in the latter stages of the dying process
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My sister is in the latter stages of the dying process Login/Join 
Picture of Ero
posted Hide Post
My condolences. You will never regret your decision.

Dan

Posts: 1956 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: April 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Based on your thread I got my other two siblings to meet up and go see my sister, ( 80 miles away)
I have not seen her in 7 years, as she is also a giant p.i.t.a. .

She's 67 and in failing health as well,
so the four of us shared a pork roast ,sauerkraut and dumpling lunch, chatted a bit and took some pictures.

I was SO! apprehensive, since we have not spoken, she started bawling and wanted to introduce me to the other residents at her elder day care facility .

She might have three years left in her but I wouldn't bet on it.

Then she started bawling again when I headed out.
my other two siblings called today to say that it was a very good visit for her, she was actually glad to see me.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
That's gratifying to read, Bendable.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29701 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When I read the thread title, I thought, why would anyone post something so personal on a public forum. Then I read it and was very touched. Among my several emotions was gratitude for the close relationship I have enjoyed with my own siblings. Thank you for posting and may God ease her journey and yours.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NK402:
When I read the thread title, I thought, why would anyone post something so personal on a public forum. Then I read it and was very touched. Among my several emotions was gratitude for the close relationship I have enjoyed with my own siblings. Thank you for posting and may God ease her journey and yours.

I posted about it for the same reason others post personal matters here: This is a unique community of like-minded people, in many cases, people who I've come to consider as friends, even though I've never met them. People who will offer good advice, a shoulder to cry on, or a swift kick in the ass, depending on which is needed. And the solution they choose is usually spot on.

Someone once compared SIGforum to Callahan's Cross-time Saloon (a bar in a series of sci-fi stories by Spider Robinson).

It is an apt comparison.

Pay your 50 cents, step to the line, make your toast, and shatter the glass in the fireplace.

And don't worry about the glass, Para buys glasses by the electron load.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
You are not a goul nor vulture.

Your just a kind soul surrounded by good and evil.

May you find comfort in this time of troubling and emotional turmoil.

We Jews have a saying, and a song. I will post a link for you.

It is pretty simple, and we remind ourselves of it in the darkest of times.

All whole world is like a very narrow bridge. The only point is to not fear it. Not to fear it at all.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43885 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Pamela G. Heare passed at 2245 on 19 April 2018.

Thanks for the support, my friends.

Nice is overrated

Posts: 31443 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I’m sorry for your loss.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23261 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss and I’m glad you were able to make peace with your sister before the end.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cyanide357
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss.

Posts: 250 | Registered: November 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry for your loss, but I'm so glad for the healing you found.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Censored
posted Hide Post
I am glad that you were able to set your anger aside and visit her. My mom alienated my brother and sister years ago. She is in chronic rejection from a bilateral lung transplant and has who knows how long. I have been able to set hard feelings aside and have become frustrated with my brother and sister when they have not. I know I cannot push them, but I hope they are able to see her before she passes. I know it will be difficult for them later if they do not see her now.

Posts: 2223 | Location: United States | Registered: February 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
my condolences

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53186 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Sincerest condolences.

Posts: 3724 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Reconciliation is a powerful gift.

Thanks for sharing this.

Prayers for your sister and you.

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Okay, guys.

I owe an immense debt to Pastor Stu. He's the bloke who reached out to me about my sister.

He is refusing to accept any honorific, even though his ministry was critical to resolving the dispute between me and my sister.

How then, do I honor him and his ministry?

Nice is overrated

posted Hide Post
6 times a year something comes up at church , sometimes they need financial, sometimes they need body's for set up and tear down ,
sometimes they need a set of wheels to pick up or deliver stuff,

there is usually stuff that needs attention.

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54644 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss, Dave,

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12110 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Condolences on the loss of your sister.

Posts: 26906 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerBook
posted Hide Post
My condolences as well.

If I may be of assistance please give me a yell.
I am just down the road from you.

Posts: 1777 | Location: Ashburn, VA USA | Registered: June 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post