SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Good deal on Zippo hand warmers
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Good deal on Zippo hand warmers Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted
Zippo Hand Warmers

I thought $12 was a pretty good deal.

I remember using these as kids back in the dark ages (I think they were the Jon-E brand rather than Zippos back then, but same principle). We'd stuff them in our pockets when out ice fishing or sledding or otherwise goofing off in the winter to keep our digits from freezing.

I've had a couple of the Zippo branded ones for the past ten years or so, and they work great. Just bought a couple more to stash in my get home bag.

Good stocking stuffers too for those of us who live up north where such things are needed.

Posts: 20100 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Like a party
in your pants
Picture of armored
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up!
Just ordered one for a stocking stuffer for my Son.

Posts: 4627 | Location: Chicago, IL, USA: | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, this is a neat little gadget, been available for many years, and they really work.

Posts: 107590 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What do you guys think about the electric ones. They double as a battery bank to charge phones and such or can serve as electric hand warmers. Saw a pair for sale at SAMS club yesterday for about $30. Like this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08G...Z0NsaWNrPXRydWU&th=1

Posts: 1995 | Location: DFW Texas | Registered: March 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'd rather the catalytic.

Posts: 107590 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’ve always wanted to try one. You just light it and stick it in your pocket? Is there enough air in there to keep them lit? Stupid question probably but I’ve never liked the chemical ones. Do most people get 1 for each pocket or just swap it back and forth?

Posts: 7477 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Decent article about these which answers pedropcola's questions:
https://www.itstactical.com/ge...orth-the-investment/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16218 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Grabbed four or five of those things at Walmart last year as stocking stuffers.

Put one in your jacket on a frosty morning in the deer stand…it’s a difference maker.

Easy to use and no drama.

Love these little lifesavers!

0:01

Posts: 4211 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a hard time getting a useable temp from these. No sock means too hot, and it never seems warm enough with the sock that comes with it.

Posts: 951 | Registered: July 14, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting. I ordered a couple of the 6-hour versions. https://www.amazon.com/Zippo-H...r%2Caps%2C104&sr=1-3

Posts: 587 | Location: NC | Registered: March 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Jack of All Trades,
Master of Nothing
Picture of 2000Z-71
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting, just ordered 2 to try out. I've struggled up here with painfully cold fingers especially while out photographing. My daughter bought me the Zippo rechargeable ones to try. I haven't been real impressed, they don't seem to stay warm for more than a couple of hours, then there's always having to remember to charge them.

My daughter can deflate your daughter's soccer ball.

Posts: 11765 | Location: Eagle River, AK | Registered: September 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Rawny
posted Hide Post
If only they made it with a lid I can flip open and hear that "clink". Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Rawny,

Posts: 2661 | Location: San Hozay, KA | Registered: August 09, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
I’ve got one of those and some other varieties floating around, honestly the chemical hand warmers are as good as anything else in my opinion.

I get nervous about the battery ones.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11448 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Seeker of Clarity
Picture of r0gue
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by straightshooter01:
What do you guys think about the electric ones. They double as a battery bank to charge phones and such or can serve as electric hand warmers.

I have one of those at work. Good enough for cold finger in the office. If I'm outside running for long periods of time in the winter (training runs can go for hours), I use those chemical hotpacks in my gloves, and sometimes special sized ones for on top of my toes. But only those if I'm running in single digits, or there's a lot of wind. If it's much about 10-20, hand packs are good enough.

Posts: 11387 | Registered: August 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Only the strong survive
Picture of 41
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by x0225095:

Put one in your jacket on a frosty morning in the deer stand…it’s a difference maker.

Deer love these things. They can smell them down wind for several hundred yards. Big Grin

One of mine is a JON-E G1 made by Aladdin Mfg, Minn.

Posts: 11828 | Location: Herndon, VA | Registered: June 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SigSentry
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I picked up a couple. Next I started looking at the lighters.

A little holiday shopping.

Posts: 3520 | Registered: May 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post