SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Advice on buying a laptop
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Advice on buying a laptop Login/Join 
posted
Hey Guys

Looking for another laptop. I'm currently using a Lenovo T550 and am quite happy. I want to get another one that is compatible with my 2 ThinkPad Pro Docks. Looking at this one:

https://www.newegg.com/Product...5HA8NM6837-_-Product

Any reason not to buy from Arrow via the Newegg website? It's priced lower here vs Arrow's website.

Thanks for the help.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
They are GTG go ahead an buy it if you like the product.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
128GB SSD is pretty small.

14” screen but no resolution noted. Don’t be surprised if it is a 1600x900 instead of full HD. The lower res screen is also less bright.

Posts: 506 | Location: Alaska | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Lenovoa ah..P72 Thinkpad. Sheeza nice one.

Posts: 17891 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by onegeek:
128GB SSD is pretty small.
Incredibly easy swap on that particular laptop. I know because I use the same model daily and swapped in a 500gb SSD after I received it.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eating elephants
one bite at a time
Picture of ffips
posted Hide Post
I picked up a Lenovo 330 from Bestbuy 2 weeks ago and am happy. $349 Lenovo 330

Posts: 3572 | Location: in the southwest Atlanta metro area | Registered: September 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to all for the advice. I got a T450 refub. from Best Buy. Very pleased.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Loaded Round,

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post