SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I've never owned ear buds. Should I get a set for biking and jogging?
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
I've never owned ear buds. Should I get a set for biking and jogging? Login/Join 
Member
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Quick comment to say I would now avoid buying the anker soundcore earbuds. I’ve come to realize that the device requires an app to check battery level. The app requires information about me that has no utility except to data mine. Fuck that. How fucking stupid to require an app to check battery level. I’m never buying anker products again, including cables. Lots of other vendors to use.




"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
 
Posts: 15144 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
I have always been able to check the battery level by checking the paired bluetooth devices connected to the phone. Mine shows the power level there but I haven't downloaded an app for it. Maybe uninstall the app and then check the paired devices to see if it shows the battery level remaining.
 
Posts: 3799 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Nothing in the Setup app. But I just noticed that there seems to be a tiny battery icon next to the headphone icon when the earbuds are paired. I’ll see if this goes down with usage and indicates battery charge level. This appears on an ipad, not sure about iphone or apple tv.




"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book
 
Posts: 15144 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 

SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I've never owned ear buds. Should I get a set for biking and jogging?

© SIGforum 2026