SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NY Fed Prosecutor Bharara refuses to hand in resignation
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NY Fed Prosecutor Bharara refuses to hand in resignation Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Is there an Attorney shortage?
If you shake a tree, a layer will fall out of one.
Oh for Peet Sake...

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
They're "courtesy resignations." The incoming administration asks for them. If you're a presidential appointee, you tender yours. The new boss may, or may not, accept your resignation, but it'd be highly unusual if he didn't.

EVERY appointee knows this. Every one. This has been SOP since 1789. At one time not long ago-- may still be the case, I don't know-- if a career .gov employee accepted a "at pleasure" presidential appointment, s/he had to sign a notice acknowledging the same.

I don't care if Bharara cures cancer with his tears. He's a holdover; he resigns, or he's initiated into the Order of the Boot. You CANNOT let the hired help dictate terms.

Posts: 2521 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The attorney is grandstanding for publicity to run for an office in the near future. And did we forget this is the guy that prosecuted Dinesh Dsousa? A purely political persecution.

Posts: 17253 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
When it happened in 1993, no one cared.

quote:
The broadcast network evening newscasts, which didn't care in 1993 about the Clinton administration's decision to ask for the resignation of all 93 U.S. attorneys, went apoplectic Tuesday night in leading with the "controversy," fed by the media, over the Bush administration for replacing eight U.S. attorneys in late 2006 -- nearly two years after rejecting the idea of following the Clinton policy of replacing all the attorneys. Anchor Charles Gibson promised that ABC would "look at all the angles tonight," but he skipped the Clinton comparison. Gibson teased: "New controversy at the White House after a string of U.S. attorneys is fired under questionable circumstances. There are calls for the Attorney General to resign." CBS's Katie Couric declared that "the uproar is growing tonight over the firing of eight federal prosecutors by the Justice Department" and fill-in NBC anchor Campbell Brown teased: "The Attorney General and the firestorm tonight over the controversial dismissal of several federal prosecutors. Was it political punishment?" Brown soon asserted that "it's a story that has been brewing for weeks and it exploded today" -- an explosion fueled by the news media.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rail-less
and
Tail-less
posted Hide Post
politics as usual I guess Roll Eyes

Posts: 13190 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raptorman
Picture of Mars_Attacks
posted Hide Post
Every last obama employee down to even the janitors needs to go.

Every last one is a potential saboteur.

This has been proven since Jan 20 with the traitors leaking info to the communist press.

Eeewwww, don't touch it!
Here, poke at it with this stick.

Posts: 34390 | Location: North, GA | Registered: October 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bad dog!
Picture of justjoe
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fredward:
The attorney is grandstanding for publicity to run for an office in the near future. And did we forget this is the guy that prosecuted Dinesh Dsousa? A purely political persecution.

I didn't realize that. It was for sure a purely political persecution. I saw it at the time as a sign-- one among many-- of the rising Obama/Democrat Party totalitarianism.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11207 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Can't see the forest for the trees" when focusing on bharara.

The only individual in the entire administration that Can't be replaced is Trump.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dusty78:
politics as usual I guess Roll Eyes

It is absolutely politics and he absolutely needed to go. As an Obama loyalist he is by definition part of the swamp. You think Obama didn't dismiss Bush holdovers? Give me a break.

Don't worry, I'm sure he'll surface in some liberal law firm sueing the Trump administration over something frivolous.

Posts: 10640 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I'm not certain any of this is a good idea on an individual basis, but cleaning house has seemed like a good idea for a long time. I hope the decent replacements outnumber the decent losses.

quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
Not sure this is a good move but not going to second guess President Trump either.

You're not going to ever second guess your elected leader? That's a scary mindset for democracy.

Being able to do that is one of the things that makes this country amazing; it should be considered a civic duty.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Right now, you can do your civic duty by sticking a sock in it. Stop making a huge deal out of a simple statement, and you know what you can do with this "scary mindset" horse shit. If anything at all is "scary" it's you trying to make something bad out of an American saying they support their President.

This is Trump country, pard.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109045 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Some Shot:
The incredible number of unnamed sources and their alleged quotes, as well as quoting what the victim said everyone else said (in the OP) makes my fake-news-detector go off like crazy.

VICTIM is the key word here. Another liberal has been declared a victim and will thus become a hero to the left.

No sympathy here. He could have accepted it and resigned but no, he had to be a public drama queen.

Posts: 16003 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump, in turn, attempted to initiate contact with Preet on the day preceding the resignations demand.

Preet than assumed a grandiose stance by citing "rules" barring him from talking to the President. While the media does not seem to be privy to the details which Trump wished to discuss, it may very well be that Preet would have been offered the chance to retain his previously extended tenure.

It was Preet's high stance which most probably brought him to the ground.

Posts: 389 | Location: NYC | Registered: October 25, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
If anything at all is "scary" it's you trying to make something bad out of an American saying they support their President.

A show of support and a blind following are two very different things. I have no problem with showing support. Hell, you think I voted for Clinton? Questioning these things is how we make things better. If things weren't second guessed or questioned, we'd have President Clinton now.

If someone hadn't been willing to question Obama, I'm sure your reaction would not have been to defend their show of support for their President.

I will withdrawal from further comment in this thread.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17597 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mars_Attacks:
Every last obama employee down to even the janitors needs to go.

Every last one is a potential saboteur.

This has been proven since Jan 20 with the traitors leaking info to the communist press.

100% agree and chances are they were never really necessary to begin with! Obama raised his employment figures by hiring federal jobs mostly all bullshit waste of $$$$

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8671 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post