SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Best Minivans Out There - Is It Still Honda/Toyota?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Best Minivans Out There - Is It Still Honda/Toyota? Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
KIA’s aren’t as reliable/durable as Toyota. Not to mention their resale sucks.

Funny my family has three of them and experience zero problems, zero recalls, well built, lots of options, and cost way less than comparable Honda or Toyota.

We shopped for a new car for my daughter, for the equivalent money the Honda was smaller, had a smaller engine and was the base model, the Kia has more options, all the lane change, braking and safety features that were excluded on the Honda.

I doubt anything Toyota sells is better than the Telluride my older daughter has, it's one very nice vehicle, and thats coming from a guy that buys USA vehicles.

Toyotas are nice vehicles and have good quality, but they are not light years ahead, they also only offer 3 year 36 K warranty vs a 10 year 100K warranty..

Point is with the price point of vehicles, unless you want to pay high interest (used rates) and drive an out of warranty 3 year old toyota you'd be better off to buy a Hyundai or Kia New with 10/100. You'll pay less and have zero worries about repairs.

Posts: 23603 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
quote:
Originally posted by Bulldog7972:
Last year I went to Florida and rented a Pacifica. Absolute worst car I've ever driven. Hated it. Hope this helps.

What did you hate about it? I seem to only hear good things but am strongly leaning toward the Honda or Toyota because I know they have good track records.

To me it handled like a Greyhound bus. Absolutely no road feel. It over steered big time. No get up and go, poor gas mileage. I understand that it's a good looking van, probably the best. But I would never, ever buy one. As a matter of fact if I ever rent another van and they give me a Pacifica, I'll go elsewhere.

Was it a 4 cylinder Pacifica? Because the 6 cylinder has plenty of get up and go.

Also not sure about the driveability claim as I drive a truck so when I drive the minivan it feels great.

For gas mileage my wife's averages around 28 mpg.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It was a 6 cylinder.

Posts: 5750 | Location: Chicago | Registered: August 18, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
KIA’s aren’t as reliable/durable as Toyota. Not to mention their resale sucks.

Funny my family has three of them and experience zero problems, zero recalls, well built, lots of options, and cost way less than comparable Honda or Toyota.

We shopped for a new car for my daughter, for the equivalent money the Honda was smaller, had a smaller engine and was the base model, the Kia has more options, all the lane change, braking and safety features that were excluded on the Honda.

I doubt anything Toyota sells is better than the Telluride my older daughter has, it's one very nice vehicle, and thats coming from a guy that buys USA vehicles.

Toyotas are nice vehicles and have good quality, but they are not light years ahead, they also only offer 3 year 36 K warranty vs a 10 year 100K warranty..

Point is with the price point of vehicles, unless you want to pay high interest (used rates) and drive an out of warranty 3 year old toyota you'd be better off to buy a Hyundai or Kia New with 10/100. You'll pay less and have zero worries about repairs.

How can you honestly say a Telluride is better than anything Toyota makes? They are a brand new model and reliability has NOT been established yet. Paying less on the front end for a KIA, yes. Long term, no way. I don’t need to say anything more. It’s your money, buy what you want.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3982 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Corgis Rock
Picture of Icabod
posted Hide Post
We have a 2017 Pacifica. It’s been driven cross country and back and forth to Arizona three times. We’ve had absolutely no problems.
We compared the Toyota and Honda. Our big need was cargo space to carry our booth to various art shows. The Toyota had life out seats. Just like our 2001. The Honda had mid row seats that folded but not much. The Pacifica has “stow-n-Go” seats that fold into the floor. We can easily load the booth with its shelving.
The Pacifica is a great road car. Easy to drive and comfortable. Around town we average 21 mph. My wife’s main complaint is she’ll look over and find me “speeding.” :-) The Pacifica is very smooth at speed.
Last year we were coming back from Arizona and hit heavy snow. As in one lane on I-5, then the road closed, then power out and 6” of snow that wasn’t plowed. While I had cable chains we were fine.
I’m not understanding the dislike. We’ve had vans since 1984. Plymouth, Dodge, Toyota and the Pacifica. The Dodge was the worse, the Toyota the one that lasted. That is, until the Pacifica.
The biggest problem was finding a decent service. One dealer flat out didn't know the van. Another dealer could care less if we brought one and then want it serviced. Yet another dealer ignored us. The one we used is run by a bunch of good old boys in a small town. They loved my SIG cap and offered a military discount. We almost talked them into a second discount. We have all the service done there and absolutely no problems.

“ The work of destruction is quick, easy and exhilarating; the work of creation is slow, laborious and dull.

Posts: 6060 | Location: Outside Seattle | Registered: November 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
In just about any category you can think of go with Toyota.

Posts: 1396 | Registered: August 25, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
the ladies in the sewing club swear by their Stow and go mini vans.

they have seats for all of them ,when they want to travel out of state together,
and when they need to haul all of their sewing crap

the seats fold down and there is more than enough room for hauling everything they need.

https://www.google.com/search?...8i30k1.0.QiOn_2y1cdo

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54717 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
On my third Odyssey now. 08 with 187K on it. Hate to admit how much I enjoy driving it. Next one will definitely be a Honda.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5692 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was going to type out something similar to Icabod, but he beat me to it.

The Pacifica in my opinion is the hands down winner in comfort and convenience. I couldn't find anything but anectdotal evidence to their reliability or longevity issues.

So being that they are a good bit less expensive than the Honda and Toyota and have much better features we invested some of the difference into an extended warranty for it and have been very happy so far.

Posts: 1514 | Location: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: August 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I only have experience with the Kia Sedona mini-van. We bought it new in 2008 and it runs like a top. We have been fortunate with it and have never had any major issues and I do the normal things-brakes,tires, etc.. I had to replace the alternator once and a couple sensors but that is pretty much normal with any car for it's age. It still drives great and my daughter has now claimed it as her own after we got a new vehicle. It has the folding in the floor rear seat/bench. Prices for new ones can still be had at reasonable prices, as long as you do your part and research/contact many dealers with their best price otd. Our recent vehicle is a Hyundai Sonata as it was comparable to others in it's class that we looked at and the cost was much less than others. Hyundai and Kia have really stepped up their game with their vehicles from when they first started out and I would have no problem buying another when the day comes.

Posts: 6913 | Location: Treasure Coast,Fl. | Registered: July 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hell, I still can't get past paying $48,000 and only getting one van. Confused

Posts: 9173 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Hell, I still can't get past paying $48,000 and only getting one van. Confused

Agreed. However, how many people need $15K in upgrades on a family transporter (leather, entertainment, etc). MSRP on a 2020 Odyssey LX (base model) is $30,700. Chances are you can get it for $28-30k.

P229

Posts: 3848 | Location: Sacramento, CA | Registered: November 21, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post