SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The College Fix web site - maybe there’s hope?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The College Fix web site - maybe there’s hope? Login/Join 
posted
I ran into this website by accident. It seems that all college students may not be woke lunatics after all.

This particular article, having to do the NYU position on the word “nationalism” was particularly entertaining. Not so much for the content of the article itself but for the first comment. Said comment by the father of the NYU editor. It sounds very much like something Trump said not too long ago.

“Campus paper pulls ad with word ‘nationalism,’ editor says it would hurt students of color”

Father’s response:

“ Sad to say, I immigrated here from India believing that the US is a place which was all about meritocracy and skin color does not matter - now I have a daughter who is born here who describes herself as "colored" and whines about how unfair things are for "colored" people here.

My message for my daughter (and whoever else believes that "colored" people are somehow worse off in this country than whites) - go back to India or whichever country you came from, at least for a couple of years - you will then learn to appreciate the United States of America a whole lot more and return in a hurry!”

https://www.thecollegefix.com/...t-students-of-color/

Posts: 805 | Location: Southeast Tennessee | Registered: September 30, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
The College Fix guys and gals have been fighting them snowflakes for some time, now.

Q

Posts: 27603 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Jimbo Jones
posted Hide Post
On this topic, hopefully Adam Corolla's and Dennis Prager's documentary "No Safe Spaces" gets viewed widely and broadly. Looking forward to seeing it.

https://nosafespaces.com

quote:
Originally posted by Tn226:
I ran into this website by accident. It seems that all college students may not be woke lunatics after all.

This particular article, having to do the NYU position on the word “nationalism” was particularly entertaining. Not so much for the content of the article itself but for the first comment. Said comment by the father of the NYU editor. It sounds very much like something Trump said not too long ago.

“Campus paper pulls ad with word ‘nationalism,’ editor says it would hurt students of color”

Father’s response:

“ Sad to say, I immigrated here from India believing that the US is a place which was all about meritocracy and skin color does not matter - now I have a daughter who is born here who describes herself as "colored" and whines about how unfair things are for "colored" people here.

My message for my daughter (and whoever else believes that "colored" people are somehow worse off in this country than whites) - go back to India or whichever country you came from, at least for a couple of years - you will then learn to appreciate the United States of America a whole lot more and return in a hurry!”

https://www.thecollegefix.com/...t-students-of-color/

---------------------------------------
It's like my brain's a tree and you're those little cookie elves.

Posts: 3625 | Location: Cary, NC | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Her own father calls her brainwashed. Also from his reply.

"At some point, I believe due to brainwashing at her high school, she turned into the ultra-liberal caricature. Also, because she is ambitious, she takes these types of postures (like "nationalism is the same as xenophobia" and using that as the rationale for pulling Rich Lowry's ad) as she thinks it would somehow increase her popularity by creating and getting embroiled in unnecessary controversies."

NOTE: Rich Lowry of National Review.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 6002 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post