SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    ProClip Cell Phone Mounts
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

ProClip Cell Phone Mounts Login/Join 
Picture of P250UA5
posted
Anyone use a ProClip in their car?
I had a vent mounted cell holder in the F150 & it worked well, and kept the phone cool while charging as well, and had it right in line with the NAV screen in the dash.

I the new car, the A/C vents swivel L/R & the vent-mounted holder doesn't work as well.

ProClip makes what looks like a good mount, though it's a bit further to the right, than mounted to the center A/C vent.

Their whole kit, base & mount, for my Galaxy S9+ runs about $70, so not bad. But, was curious on the consensus on them here, prior to pulling the trigger on it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16014 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
I have one and really like it. I use the magnetic mount that swivels on a half ball.

Mine is mounting like the one in your picture maybe an inch or so lower.

The only drawback is sometimes having to look down when running maps on the phone.

Before I had a suction cup on my dash. In the summers it would come loose. This thing is solid, out of the way unless you have a large passenger, and looks good in the car.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16452 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
I bought two of their mounts. The way they attach to your car is ok but the phone holder could be better. It is not spring loaded so you have the adjust the size and lock it into position with set screws. Eventually, the phone gets loose and shakes in the mount. One of the mounts cracked and the company won’t warranty it. I think they are too expensive for what you get.

Posts: 3248 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:
I bought two of their mounts. The way they attach to your car is ok but the phone holder could be better. It is not spring loaded so you have the adjust the size and lock it into position with set screws. Eventually, the phone gets loose and shakes in the mount. One of the mounts cracked and the company won’t warranty it. I think they are too expensive for what you get.

Was it a universal clip, or do even their 'fits ___' clips require adjustment?
They make a clip that they mark as made for the Galaxy S9+ with no case.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 16014 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rangeme101
posted Hide Post
I’ve had one of the ProClips in the past for an F150 and enjoyed it. My nephew has one in his Infinity and loves it. He will be putting one into his new Tacoma shortly. Good stuff.

" like i said,....i didn't build it, i didn't buy it, and i didn't break it."

Posts: 1311 | Location: N. Georgia | Registered: March 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
After going though 3 $15 mounts that broke in the sun (one broke in 5 days & never had a phone in it), I bought a ProClip. Don't waste your money on anything else.

If you can't dazzle them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit!

Sigs Owned - A Bunch

Posts: 4344 | Location: Nashville, Tennessee | Registered: December 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:
quote:
Originally posted by Suppressed:

Was it a universal clip, or do even their 'fits ___' clips require adjustment?
They make a clip that they mark as made for the Galaxy S9+ with no case.

It was the one that would hold an iPhone 7 with case. Even if it says it is for a specific phone, you still need to adjust it.

I just use this one in my other vehicles: https://www.amazon.com/iOttie-...=8-1&keywords=iottie

It is spring loaded and does a good job.

Posts: 3248 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post