SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    DHS won't rule out arresting illegal immigrant crime victims, witnesses
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

DHS won't rule out arresting illegal immigrant crime victims, witnesses Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted
DHS won't rule out arresting illegal immigrant crime victims, witnesses

Good. I have no problems with this, no problems whatsoever. Since you yourself are a criminal, you damn well should be reluctant to interact with the police.

Tough shit

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
Excellent.

The left has always used this as their big excuse for 'sanctuary cities'. The poor, poor 'undocumented immigrants' might get taken advantage of if they don't 'feel safe' going to the police to report crimes against them!

Hate to break it to them, but that's the way it's supposed to work. Criminals SHOULD be reluctant going to the police.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's outrageous that these criminals previously felt that they as illegal aliens could interact with the police with impunity. Ever hear of enforcing the fucking law?

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107250 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
If crimes go unreported the crime rate statistics drop, since we base those statistics on reported crimes.

Thus President Trump is lowering the official crime rate without adding any costs simply by going after criminals violators of our immigration laws.

MEGA MAGA.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31373 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Homeland Security cannot promise that illegal immigrants will not be arrested if they come forward to report they have been a victim of a crime or a witness to one, a spokesman said Tuesday.

Some victims and witnesses themselves are potentially criminal immigrants who may pose a threat to the country, David Lapan, a spokesman from DHS said at a news briefing.

Lapan added that immigration arrest in courthouses are necessary because some jurisdictions will not cooperate with requests to alert federal agencies.

Good.
It's such a strange dynamic created by these 'sanctuary cities', where local law enforcement simply turn a blind eye and will not cooperate with requests to alert federal agencies.

Cut off the EBT cards and every other form of welfare to illegals.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23939 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
The Fonz approves of this action.....

quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Cut off the EBT cards and every other form of welfare to illegals.

To be rather blunt (and I'm sure we're ALL on the same page), these criminals shouldn't have been getting a gd thing in the FIRST place!!!! Mad Think I'd get any of that crap if I just showed up in Mexico???

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11051 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
Massachusetts will not be out done, our highest court is questioning the authority of the Federal Government to detain illegals, the state AG and Prosecutors all democrats are against honoring Federal Detention requests.

http://www.bostonherald.com/ne..._on_immigration_case

Posts: 2765 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
DHS won't rule out arresting illegal immigrant crime victims, witnesses

I want them all arrested and deported, with any luck a bunch of the remainder will self-deport.

Posts: 11744 | Location: Western Oklahoma | Registered: June 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Real call, I shit you not...

"911, what are you reporting?"

A) The prostitute stole my money
B) My john won't pay me for the sex act I just performed
C) My dealer sold me bad weed
D) My customer took my stash without paying

Correct answer? ALL OF THEM

Can't have it both ways folks...

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10913 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
To be utterly cold hearted in analyzing this, one might wonder about how this would affect victimization rate distribution between illegals aliens vs citizens/L-residents. If illegal alien crime victims in general are disinclined to report when they have been victimized, might a rational acting criminal preferentially target the illegal alien, thus reducing the risk to the criminal of getting caught. This might therefore reduce the number of citizens and legal immigrants who are victimized.

The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People again must learn to work, instead of living on public assistance. ~ Cicero 55 BC

The Dhimocrats love America like ticks love a hound.

Posts: 17459 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
Fenris,

I think you might be on to something, it might also lead to the determination by the Illegal Victim that they are better off going home where they may be able report the crime without fear of being arrested.

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6474 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
The government response to all this sanctuary city nonsense should be an IMMEDIATE and total withdrawal of ALL federal funding provided to those jurisdictions!!!

And I mean all federal funding, to include welfare, ebt, yada yada.

The residents in those places elect their mayors, state senators and congress critters, etc etc.

If the price gets high enough the voters might decide to vote them out.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of msfzoe
posted Hide Post
Why doesn't our government fund veterans activities instead of pandering to illegal aliens?

Posts: 2422 | Location: newyorkistan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
right answer

illegal is illegal, victim or not

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53080 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post