SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    For those who mill their own flour...a few questions
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those who mill their own flour...a few questions Login/Join 
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I use a Mockmill and it's been great for a few years now of regular use. I only buy organic wheat and I bought a bunch of hard white from Honeyville a while back but they've been out of stock for a while now. Janies Mill is great although they don't seem to have hard white. Free shipping over a hundred bucks. I know I have a couple places to get organic white and as soon as I find them I'll update.

I haven't tried this place but had them in my bookmarks https://www.ancientgrains.com/...rries-in-paper-bags/

Posts: 3470 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigcrazy7
posted Hide Post
My parents had a Bosch mill. Loud as a jet engine. I can’t get over my desire for a GrainMaker.

GrainMaker

Made in Montana and heirloom quality. I want a model 116. Not cheap, but nice things cost real money. They have options to add an electric drive. They even have the ability to drive them from a bicycle. A real prepper’s mill.

Demand not that events should happen as you wish; but wish them to happen as they do happen, and you will go on well. -Epictetus

Posts: 8222 | Location: Utah | Registered: December 18, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
I was close to buying a Diamant a few years back, and would have had they not been backordered at the time.

Cast iron and designed to last a few lifetimes. The one drawback (if you want to call it that) is that the grinding plates are metal rather than stone. As I understand it, stone mills are better at not overheating the grain as it grinds.

Posts: 20131 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
There are two basic types of mill as I understand it: the grinding mills and the impact mills. The Wondermill and the Blendtec are impact mills. I have always been happy with the Blendtec results, have no experience with grinding mills.

Posts: 18089 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post