SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Military And Veteran Discounts
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Military And Veteran Discounts Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted
Let's start a list. I'll go first.

I have run into the discount at a bunch of places, sometimes unexpectedly.
  • The local redneck diner. Been around forever, but purchased not too long ago by a Korean family. They still have grits, country ham, biscuits & gravy, and all the good redneck stuff, but they have added bulgogi for a Korean touch to the menu choices. There is a hand-lettered sign at the register, stating 10% discount for Military, Veterans, etc.

• The local auto repair shop that has maintained my vehicles for ten or fifteen years. Owner is Army vet, loves his P229s (.357 SIG). Doesn't advertise a discount, but if he knows that you're active military or veteran he applies a 10% discount.

• My wife likes to go to Perkins restaurant occasionally (she really likes their pie). It's one of the places where instead of handing a credit card to the waitress, I take the check to the front counter and pay on the way out, so I can swipe my Watch at the terminal to use Apple Pay. Did that last week and when I got the register receipt I saw that the dude had applied a 20% discount. We had not discussed it, but he noticed that I was wearing a Navy veteran ball cap. I don't know whether this is a corporate-wide policy, or maybe he was a vet and just decided to do it (he was the restaurant manger).

• Apple. You can save some significant bucks on things like iPhones, iPads, Watches, and of course computers, with their 10% for active military and veterans.
Feel free to add to the list.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31451 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Lowes and Home Depo offer discounts. I am not a vet but always get asked.

Posts: 18143 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cynic
Picture of charlie12
posted Hide Post
I got a Vet discount on car parts last week. When I eat a Sonic they give me a discount and at Subway

Posts: 13051 | Location: Pride, Louisiana | Registered: August 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
When we had direct factory sales, Accu-strut offered a 10% discount to military or active law enforcement.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16956 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mustang-PaPa:
Lowes and Home Depo offer discounts. I am not a vet but always get asked.

This one is always a point of contention for me, as they require you sign up in their system. At least one of them does, can't remember which one.

Keeping with the theme, MANY firearms-related places offer discounts.

Osprey 40%

TNVC 5%

Modern warriors 5%

Henning Group 10 or 20%, cant remember

Velocity Systems - 15%

Kifaru - 10%

Blue Force Gear - 10%

Weaver, Tandy Leather, and Rocky Mountain Leather - 5%

10 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6625 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Papa Murphy's pizza is I think a 25% discount for veterans/active duty. It is at least 10%.

Posts: 3567 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
Both Home Depot and Lowes want you to sign up to get the military discount.

When I signed with Lowes, it was done "in-house" with manual verification of my status (showed my license with the veteran designator). Home Depot makes you go online with a 3rd party confirmation service. It wouldn't work the first time I tried, but did the 2nd.

I generally don't ask about the discount, but will accept it if advertised or offered.

At&t applied a discount when the sales clerk saw my EGA on the back of my phone. That was a pleasant surprise on my next bill.

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3385 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, most of the large chain type stores will want you to sign up. It was really no big deal, and I do understand their need to do that. The savings can be worth it.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Holy crap. 5000 posts. You woulda thought I coulda thought of something more intelligent to say.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
Sign up for ExpertVoice. It has a lot of discounts for Veterans as well as other groups (NRA instructor, FFL etc.).

Here is a link, I don’t get anything for the referral but you’ll get some discounts. If the link doesn’t work just search for ExpertVoice : ExpertVoice

Posts: 4232 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of UTsig
posted Hide Post
Tractor Supply offers 10% to Veterans, just ask. Verizon has a discount, save a bit of money. Omaha Steaks has a discount, was 10% now I think it's $10.00 off your order.

Sign up to ID Me, you'll need to for some on line verifications, like Omaha Steaks. Under Armour is through ID Me and it's a nice discount, some of their sales are better, though.

"Nature scares me" a quote by my friend Bob after a rough day at sea.

Posts: 3460 | Location: Utah's Dixie | Registered: January 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Looking at life
thru a windshield
Picture of fischtown7
posted Hide Post
Get in free at the Oktoberfest tent in Helen Georgia. Goodwill on Tuesday or Thursday. Just to name a few that have not been mentioned.

Posts: 3790 | Location: FL, GA,HB, and all points beyond | Registered: February 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I do believe that Home Depot caps their annual discount amount at $400 while Lowe's does not have such a cap.

If you have the ability to shop on a base or exchange, certain items such as Apple products are a much better deal than 10% off from Apple. You can frequently catch Apple products from AAFES at 10-20% off and there's not tax.

The shoe stores such as Foot Locker, Finish Line, etc. offer 10-20% off.

Some Red Wing shoe stores will offer 10% off but it's dependent on that independently operated store. I have gotten a discount from one, but not another.

Guitar Center offers 10% off on purchases of $199+ with a maximum of $500.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The Beretta shop offers 20% off for veterans for parts and accessories.

And for those that don’t know Glock opened up their blue label pricing to all veterans a few years ago.

Locally the Braves spring training facility offers 10% off on all merchandise in their shop at the stadium.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
I always ask in restaurants. But the biggest discount I found was a whopping 20% in Office Depot. I was wearing my Veterans / VFW hat and the person at the register offered it to me. The ream of 11"x17" was close to $18 just for 500 sheets.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 20079 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Lowes checks for Veteran discounts at the register after you get set up, it's a button you tap on the self check-out kiosk screen and then an associate will check your ID and let you proceed.

HD has it set up that you scan a QR code on their phone app with the gun at the self checkout and then that activates the discount and no having to wait for an associate to verify.

Both are verified and set up via IDMe or at least that's how I did it.

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Northern Tool offers Veterans discounts. Just ID, no sign up necessary.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3634 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Our very own Dave Truong also offers a military discount, just need to let him know.

Posts: 13314 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
If you see me running
try to keep up
Picture of mrvmax
posted Hide Post
AT&T offered me a 25% discount on my cell plan for being a Vet.

Posts: 4232 | Location: Friendswood Texas | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mrvmax:
AT&T offered me a 25% discount on my cell plan for being a Vet.

Ah yes, Verizon has a discount on their plans as well. I forgot about that.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15277 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post