SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Traeger grill / smoker
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traeger grill / smoker Login/Join 
Lurking for years!
Picture of Vegas_Sig
posted
New Traeger owner here. So far I have made Triptip (also called a Bottom sirloin) and Baby back pork ribs. I got the Traeger Ironwood 650. First two meals were GREAT.

I know there are some other Traeger owners on here (or traeger like). Please share some favorite recipes!

Dave
Not a Newbie! Posting on rare occasions, but lurking for years!

Posts: 585 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: June 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of blueshep
posted Hide Post
You have to try the,BBQ Game Day Chicken Wings and Thighs! Simple to make and taste awesome.
You can find the recipes in the Traeger app.
Try the beer can chicken also! Good stuff.

----------------------------------------
NRA Lifetime Member

Posts: 1467 | Location: Northeast,Ohio | Registered: November 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Ran a Traeger for many years. Now it’s recteq. I’ll try to put together a few recipes soon. I have a rub that’s really good. I’ll bring the notebook with my recipes home tomorrow.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Big Stack
posted Hide Post
Have you read through the thread below?

BBQ Thread

Posts: 21240 | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JasonATI
posted Hide Post
The latest thing I've been hooked on is smoked cream cheese. Just take a brick of cream cheese, cover it with rub and put it on foil and smoke it for 2hrs at 200 degrees.
Kosmos Q Honey Chipotle is my current favorite rub for it.

Posts: 429 | Location: South Dakota | Registered: October 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
My son has one. He did a great Texas style BBQ brisket last time we were up there. Not too hard, but time consuming.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53122 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Bacon, lots and lots of bacon, will be some of the best you've had...

I do two to 4 pounds per cook when it's Bacon time, a pound of it never makes it to the Seal-a-Meal...

Posts: 23466 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Not on a Traeger, but on a Green Mountain pellet grill. The best dog-gone meatloaf you’ve ever bite into:

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/f...wthread.php?t=114836

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4227 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a Rectec being delivered tomorrow. Looking forward to some tasty meals. Planning on a pork shoulder this weekend. Yum.

Posts: 2157 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Go to Costco and pick up a slab (10 lbs) of pork belly.

Score the fat side in a checkerboard fashion. put about 2 tbs of Kosher salt on the fat.

Smoke (only) for 18 hours - fat side up. Hot smoked bacon. Wink

Next, same store, get one of those packages with the two pork shoulders in it (about 12 lbs total)

Use Kosher salt accordingly.

Smoke for 24 hours.

After 24 hours, pull and place one of the shoulders into a crockpot. Add some Hatch chili salsa. Set on low for another 8 hours.

Enjoy pulled pork.

For the second shoulder, slice and enoy or, slow cook after first.

You can thank me later. Smile

BTW - either a freezer or a high school football team (for the shoulders - my wife is an assistant coach as there is a deaf kid on the team) is/are your friend(s).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
Smoked pork belly is nice but it is not bacon.

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
Smoked pork belly is nice but it is not bacon.

Hey - stop harshing my mellow. LOL

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

The definition of the words we used, carry a meaning of their own...

Posts: 14039 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
I can’t help it. I’m a bitter bastard that takes meat way too seriously. Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12440 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post