SIGforum
Sitting in the Backyard with the Wife

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/4270068524

June 18, 2017, 12:21 PM
bendable
Sitting in the Backyard with the Wife
I got lucky , mine won't initiate a conversation but will take part when engaged

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first
June 18, 2017, 12:27 PM
ArtieS
quote:
My ex, however, it was like non-stop all fucking day long and always ended in an argument.

I read that as "non stop fucking all day long" and I was thinking to myself, "what's the problem with that?"

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.
June 18, 2017, 12:29 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
quote:
My ex, however, it was like non-stop all fucking day long and always ended in an argument.
I read that as "non stop fucking all day long" and I was thinking to myself, "what's the problem with that?"
If it lasts more than 4 hours ...

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
June 18, 2017, 01:19 PM
ontmark
Prayers Sent

Beware the man who only has one gun. He probably knows how to use it! - John Steinbeck
June 18, 2017, 05:11 PM
CoolRich59
quote:
Originally posted by roarindan:
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:
And there is no way she can be quiet for more than 45 seconds. No way at all.

I think I married her sister!!!!!

She must have a lot of sisters, because I married one of them too. Big Grin

I love my wife dearly, but try sitting on the porch to enjoy the evening and she will last 30 seconds (maybe) before she has to start talking.

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant
June 18, 2017, 05:46 PM
flashguy
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
just tell her to be quite. Wink

quite what?
Quite quiet!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
June 18, 2017, 08:03 PM
NK402
This has all been in fun and Lord knows I have contributed to it but the more of these comments I read, the more I consider, that there must be someone among us , who has lost a wife and would give all he has to be able to hear that voice one more time, if only for a minute . Sorry, fellas, must be the emotion of Fathers'Day getting to me . I know I would give all I have for one more minute of conversation with my father.
June 18, 2017, 09:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HNAp_BPf9E

June 18, 2017, 09:27 PM
chellim1
I sat on the patio this evening with my wife and daughter and enjoyed every moment!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor
June 19, 2017, 07:15 AM
M-11
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
quote:
Originally posted by XLT:
just tell her to be quite. Wink

quite what?

Quite quiet.

"Common sense is wisdom with its sleeves rolled up." -Kyle Farnsworth
"Freedom of Speech does not guarantee freedom from consequences." -Mike Rowe
"Democracies aren't overthrown, they're given away." -George Lucas
June 19, 2017, 07:46 AM
bigpond73
Enjoy Big Grin

Link to original video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=g6C95Vy8jeg

Mike

You can run, but you cannot hide.

If you won't stand behind our troops, feel free to stand in front of them.
June 19, 2017, 07:56 AM
SecurityGeek
I married a librarian. Problem solved.

Wink

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you was?"

- Satchel Paige
June 19, 2017, 08:06 AM
mark123
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
It could be worse... it could be raining.
Big Grin
June 19, 2017, 08:23 AM
BurtonRW
Reminds me of this scene (0:00 - 1:20, anyway).

-Rob

I predict that there will be many suggestions and statements about the law made here, and some of them will be spectacularly wrong. - jhe888

A=A
June 19, 2017, 08:41 AM
V-Tail
The audiologist programmed my hearing aids so that if I reach behind my ear and press and hold one of the control buttons, the hearing aids are muted.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
June 19, 2017, 08:56 AM
Rustyblade
Read some time ago an article putting forth that, on average a man says 7000 words a day... a woman 14,000.
Which helps explain why when a man comes home from work he may be rather quiet. Though the wife still has 7000 words left to ~spend.

Do not necessarily attribute someone's nasty or inappropriate actions as intended when it may be explained by ignorance or stupidity.
June 19, 2017, 09:55 AM
architect
quote:
Originally posted by sjtill:
The average woman speaks 20,000 words a day, the average male 7,000. And that average for males has to be skewed, seems to me more like 500.
That's because you're not counting the 3,250 "yes" and 3,250 "dear's."
June 19, 2017, 12:04 PM
benny6
Women have a fixed number of words per day that they must say, or they die. I've told my wife that I highly encourage her to have girlfriends to talk to throughout the day to exhaust the word count before I get home.

When she starts talking endlessly, I just remind myself that she's just running through the word count and I just zone out and throw in a "sure" or an "okay" or a "wow, that's too bad" once in a while and it helps the time pass.

It helps if I think about something that requires a lot of thought, like how could I make an M14 rear lugged bedding insert and epoxy it into a McMillan with the correct draw pressure, or how how many mil dot marks a brisket of a deer would be used at 100 to 600 yards. It gives the illusion that I'm really concentrating on the issues she's having with some other woman at work, church, or in the family.

Just pause your thought once in a while to take note of the woman, co-worker or relative that she has issue with. It gives you a chance to at give the illusion that you're following her conversation if she should test you.

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com
June 19, 2017, 12:20 PM
Mr.9mm
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
The audiologist programmed my hearing aids so that if I reach behind my ear and press and hold one of the control buttons, the hearing aids are muted.

Filed away for future reference Big Grin
June 19, 2017, 01:00 PM
HRK