SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Just heard the best way for a young girl to defend herself!!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Just heard the best way for a young girl to defend herself!! Login/Join 
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted
We are tending a young girl, aged 3 1/2 for a friend. Mrs. elk took her shopping and they just got back.

To say this little girl is a pistol would be an understatement.

Mrs. Elk asked her what she should do if some guy attacked her.

Little girl: "Kick him in the nuts!"

Gotta love it. Big Grin Big Grin

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that's great! Even if it's physically impossible for a 3 year old to do it, the mindset will be there.

Posts: 9030 | Location: The Red part of Minnesota | Registered: October 06, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Is this her? Big Grin

Posts: 6580 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You don’t fix faith,
River. It fixes you.

Picture of Yanert98
posted Hide Post
That's great :-)

For giggles while you have her, you can try teaching her a new answer to the age old question "What are little girls made of?"

The standard is of course 'Sugar and Spice and Everything nice'.

But I think the better answer comes from Miranda Lambert. "Gunpowder and Lead!"

I have two little girls who get the biggest kick out of saying that to folks.

What will her parents think? They'll either love it or you'll never be asked to baby sit again! :-)

----------------------------------
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism.." - Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2673 | Location: Migrating with the Seasons | Registered: September 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Yanert98:
That's great :-)

For giggles while you have her, you can try teaching her a new answer to the age old question "What are little girls made of?"

The standard is of course 'Sugar and Spice and Everything nice'.

But I think the better answer comes from Miranda Lambert. "Gunpowder and Lead!"

I have two little girls who get the biggest kick out of saying that to folks.

What will her parents think? They'll either love it or you'll never be asked to baby sit again! :-)

Parents are divorced, only have met the mother, and she fits the same mold as the little girl.

The mother asked me to show her how to use her first handgun. A JUDGE! And she is pretty good with it, either the shot shells or the slugs.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25656 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MNSIG:
I think that's great! Even if it's physically impossible for a 3 year old to do it, the mindset will be there.

Hopefully, at her age, she will know to punch him in the nuts.

Posts: 2560 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Very good idea. I told my daughter years ago that if attacked by a man, grab his balls and squeeze or just kick him there.
Also told her that if it's not possible or if it's a girl attacking her, fingers in the eye and dig in.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: joatmonv,

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My cousin dated a pro-fighter for a while. We had some interesting discussions about self defense.

He basically said if you are involved in a real defense scenario, most of what you learn is useless. Kick them in the balls and put your thumbs in their eyes, then run.

Posts: 3468 | Registered: January 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
I taught my girls not to fight, unless unavoidable, but if necessary don't fight like a girl. Fight to do damage and win, no hair pulling or slapping etc.

I knew my lesson was understood one day when I heard a ruckus form their room. They were in a full on fist fight, over a doll. Doh!

But it paid off at least once. They were about 8 and 10. Bully on the bus harassing the younger one, multiple occasions. Older one finally decides enough is enough and punches the bully square in the nose, hard as she can. Knocked him flat on his ass, books go flying, bus goes silent. She tells him to leave her little sister, and everybody else, alone. I don't know what he told his parents but he never even rode that bus again. Bus driver never said a word or reported it, guess he knew the score.

Collecting dust.

Posts: 4184 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
That's great!

Posts: 27185 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
Yup. Some of the things my 5 year old granddaughter says are down right hilarious. And yeah, she got most of her quips from me.

Hopefully it will not come back and haunt me when she starts school. My daughter has often told me that when she ends up in the principals office she is giving them my phone number.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5143 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post