SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    "Performing TLS handshake..."
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

"Performing TLS handshake..." Login/Join 
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted
I keep getting this in my browser's status bar and it is starting to get annoying how much it is slowing down browsing. It's mostly targeted at gstatic sites, which I thought were Google based fonts or something.

Any ideas on solutions? Using primarily the latest version of Firefox.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Did you check out this link?

Troubleshoot Firefox’s “Performing TLS Handshake” Message

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
I actually did.

No change after attempting the proposed solutions. I'm starting to wonder if I need to adjust something in my VPN settings.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17278 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Jumped on Firefox in the early days when it was clean new code. After a few years of updating it bloated and became no better than Internet Explorer.

Microsoft has abandoned it for Edge now, leaving Fox in the position of being the most McSupersized. I moved to an independent browser and the only "problem" is that Walmart thinks it's a scraper bot or something, and I sometimes have to switch back to Fox.

It's saved me some money tho. That check on my shopping keeps me out and also allows alternate sourcing research which has IMHO gotten me a better product.

Changing browsers isn't something we take lightly but it's not as bad as some make of it when we interact with the web site primarily, and the browser functions aren't really needed. I'm to the point where dumping most of the MS bloatware on the computer would be a benefit - I haven't opened Office etc on mine in years.

My wife does her surfing on an Android tablet - there are still page issues where shopping hangs up. Some of us stick to our laptops for a reason.

Posts: 613 | Registered: December 14, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post