SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    video sending conundrum
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

video sending conundrum Login/Join 
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted
I may have asked something similar in the past but still looking for an answer or solution.

I take a short less than 1 minute video on my Samsung phone. Try texting it. Get a google message that says it is to large and do I wish to have it trimmed. Ok, goes from like 50 seconds to 2 seconds that I can attach to a text to send. What the heck. It is 2024 not 1991 wtf

So Ok i figure there is a way to lower the video quality. Nope not that I can find on the A13

What gives here?

Thanks guys.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19775 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
If you're sending it as a text text most videos will be too large. If you're using some other messenger, Facebook Messenger for example, you can send much larger files.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17089 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There are a number of googleable online places where you can upload a large file and then send a link to the desired recipient who can then download it, all for free. I’ve done that occasionally to send a file to friends or family.

Posts: 1224 | Location: NE Indiana  | Registered: January 20, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
I either upload mine to my YouTube channel and send a link or share a link through Google drive.

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1802 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post